Author Topic: Thoughts for the day  (Read 1200039 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Thoughts for the day
« Reply #920 on: February 04, 2008, 05:11:33 pm »
I take it these Fasnachts taste good, right  ??? I suppose they do or you would not be looking for them.

That depends. I have had some that tasted like a lump of lard right out of the can.  :P The ones my dad and bought on Saturday are good.

And what is Shrove Tuesday ???

Are you pullin' my leg, Jack effen Stephens?   :laugh:  You know Shrove Tuesday is just an English name for Mardi Gras? 'Cause good Christians go to church and get shriven of their sins before Lent starts.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #921 on: February 04, 2008, 05:15:45 pm »
Yes, it was in Jeff's post and is what you put on Fasnachts. And, well, maybe it is blood. You've heard of blood pudding, right?

No, like Janice said, Turkey Syrup was mentioned in the link in Scott's post, not mine.

(And why is Scott going to a web site called "The Voice of Women" anyway?  ??? )

You can see a jar of it in the picture. It's just a brand of table syrup, same as Log Cabin or Mrs. Butterworth's.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #922 on: February 04, 2008, 05:18:23 pm »
Turkey syrup. Makes me realize I forgot to get my buds to sample the Kudzu jelly from Georgia I had bought special for the ocassion.  :-\
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Scott6373

« Reply #923 on: February 04, 2008, 05:19:21 pm »

(And why is Scott going to a web site called "The Voice of Women" anyway?  ??? )

Perhaps because in general they are smarter than men.

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #924 on: February 04, 2008, 05:19:25 pm »
Are you pullin' my leg, Jack effen Stephens?     You know Shrove Tuesday is just an English name for Mardi Gras? 'Cause good Christians go to church and get shriven of their sins before Lent starts.

Ya know that is not really a Southern Baptist thing. LOL
The way I understand it is that Lent and the Lenten season is mostly obseved by Catholics and Denomonations that were the first to split from the Catholic Church (Lutheran and Eoiscopal) I grew up in tha Baptist Church and later as an adult went to an Evangelical Presbyterian Church and Lent was never observed. We had Ash Wednesday but that was it. Everyone knows what Mardi Gras is but as far as there being any religous signifigance there was none for us protestants.  ;D
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #925 on: February 04, 2008, 05:20:38 pm »
Turkey syrup. Makes me realize I forgot to get my buds to sample the Kudzu jelly from Georgia I had bought special for the ocassion.  :-\

Kuzu jelly? Ain't kudzu a weed?  :P How do they make jelly out of it?

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #926 on: February 04, 2008, 05:22:24 pm »
Kuzu jelly? Ain't kudzu a weed?  :P How do they make jelly out of it?
It has a fragrant blossom that has the smell of grapes to me.
It is boiled in sugar water and pectin to make jelly.

It's an obnoxious vine actually. I think it grows like a foot a day!  :o
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #927 on: February 04, 2008, 05:23:40 pm »
Ya know that is not really a Southern Baptist thing. LOL
The way I understand it is that Lent and the Lenten season is mostly obseved by Catholics and Denomonations that were the first to split from the Catholic Church (Lutheran and Eoiscopal) I grew up in tha Baptist Church and later as an adult went to an Evangelical Presbyterian Church and Lent was never observed. We had Ash Wednesday but that was it. Everyone knows what Mardi Gras is but as far as there being any religous signifigance there was none for us protestants.  ;D

What's the point of havin' Ash Wednesday if you don't have Lent?  ???

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #928 on: February 04, 2008, 05:24:39 pm »
It has a fragrant blossom that has the smell of grapes to me.
It is boiled in sugar water and pectin to make jelly.

It's an obnoxious vine actually. I think it grows like a foot a day!  :o

Just the flowers or the whole vine? I hear it eats people. ...  ;D

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #929 on: February 04, 2008, 05:24:58 pm »