Author Topic: Another Round of that Popular Bettermost Game** What is it!!!! ANSWER POSTED  (Read 3070 times)

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
Here is a strange looking tool - can you guess what it is? Place your guess but remember NO PRIZE will be awarded, you’re playing for bragging rights only.

And a closer look...

Answer willl be posted next Saturday
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 03:28:14 pm by dot-matrix »
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Another Round of that Popular Bettermost Game** What is it!!!! YAY!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 01:58:53 am »
YAY!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D  :D  :D

Gee Dottie, I have no idea what that thing is! So, I think it must be some kind of booby trap.  ???

It looks like it has an arrow or a spear attached to a chain so I hope it's not an animal trap! Come to think of it, I hope it's not a booby trap either! Unless maybe they use the arrow to anchor the device to the ground.  :-\

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2007, 09:11:59 am »
As inhumane as it looks for the poor little gophers -- I'm guessin' a garden gopher trap. I just hang noise makers and put out fake snakes.  :P
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007, 11:41:18 am »

Since I have no idea what a trip wire is, and have no idea why you would need to shoot it..It looks
like one of those..Yaaeh a trip fire- wire gun...

Beautiful mind

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2007, 02:37:22 pm »
As inhumane as it looks for the poor little gophers -- I'm guessin' a garden gopher trap. I just hang noise makers and put out fake snakes.  :P

I place those plastic spinning flowers in my yard, and they work too! The gophers and moles don't like the vibration the spinning flowers create and they run away! I like this because the animals are not injured and they leave my yard too! Everybody wins.  :D

Offline dot-matrix

• www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
Re: Another Round of that Popular Bettermost Game** What is it!!!! ANSWER
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2007, 03:26:15 pm »
Times Up!   It's now time to post the answer............

First thanks to those few who played this round

I chose this one because it was coming up to Halloween.......

And I though something a little more macabre.....

A little more Bloody......

Might be suitable

ANSWER

It is an Anti-rodent device or mouse killer pistol, invented in 1862. To operate: Pull back the hammer and insert the safety, place a percussion cap on the nipple, load 10 grains of black powder into the barrel along with some paper wadding, put some peanut butter on the bottom of the trigger, place the device in a good location, set the sear, and finally, remove the safety.

With a percussion cap:

Note the safety sticking out of the hole on the lower left.

Congrats Susie me darlin, you're a blood thirsty lass but we love ya any way  ;)
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
To operate: Pull back the hammer and insert the safety, place a percussion cap on the nipple, load 10 grains of black powder into the barrel along with some paper wadding, put some peanut butter on the bottom of the trigger, place the device in a good location, set the sear, and finally, remove the safety.

Gee Whiz! All that trouble just to kill a poor little mouse? Why couldn't they just pick him up by the tail and turn him loose outside?  :'(

My house was infested with mice last fall. I bought some live mouse traps. They worked too. They would trap the mice, and I would drive them over to the park and turn them loose out there. They are gone now, and they didn't hurt anything. But I hope I don't have this problem again this year.

It was a pain in the AY-US!  :P