Author Topic: Hello!!  (Read 69971 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Hello!!
« on: October 21, 2007, 03:57:37 pm »
Hi Jess!!!  :-*

I hope you're having a nice day!!  :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

injest

Re: Hello!!
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 04:00:14 pm »
Hi Jess!!!  :-*

I hope you're having a nice day!!  :D

I am having a GREAT day!! Got your own forum now huh? You got big plans??

I don't know if I will have one or not....I half do and half am not sure! LOL

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2007, 04:40:38 pm »
I am having a GREAT day!! Got your own forum now huh? You got big plans??

I don't know if I will have one or not....I half do and half am not sure! LOL

I've got all kinds of plans for it Jess. In fact I'm mapping the whole thing out in my head as we speak. Not much room up there though, so it's a pretty small map!  :laugh:

You should do it too Jess. What is there to think about? This will give you all kinds of options to expand your store!  :D

injest

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007, 04:45:42 pm »
I've got all kinds of plans for it Jess. In fact I'm mapping the whole thing out in my head as we speak. Not much room up there though, so it's a pretty small map!  :laugh:

You should do it too Jess. What is there to think about? This will give you all kinds of options to expand your store!  :D

I already got a problem getting anyone to mind the Store! Garry keeps wandering off back to the hills....

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2007, 04:55:40 pm »
You definitely should have one Jess. No doubt about it  ;)

injest

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2007, 10:04:40 pm »
You definitely should have one Jess. No doubt about it  ;)

ok I jumped in!!

injest

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2007, 09:10:40 am »
Speaking of haunted places and old places, has anyone ever heard of Creepers. There is a book named that as well. These people are urban explorers and go into all these places that they are not supposed to go in. The book is good. Also, Jess, what they do is definitely illegal 

AHA!!!

THIS is why I can't get into the main thread in here! You and your cohorts are discussing illegal activities!!

tsk tsk tsk!!!

and Jack seemed like such a nice guy.....you have corrupted him!!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2007, 01:23:41 am »
Hello Jess and Susie!!!  :D

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2007, 01:30:06 am »

And how are you on this fine fall evening?  Gonna dress up for Halloween?  Going out partying or just hanging at home?  We're hanging at home, going to sit on the porch and hand out candy to the all the little goolies and goblins who come by and then watch Ghost Hunters.   Bob is dressing up as Herman Munster and I'm Minnie Mouse.
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2007, 01:32:59 am »

And how are you on this fine fall evening?  Gonna dress up for Halloween?  Going out partying or just hanging at home?  We're hanging at home, going to sit on the porch and hand out candy to the all the little goolies and goblins who come by and then watch Ghost Hunters.   Bob is dressing up as Herman Munster and I'm Minnie Mouse.

Hey there Dottie! I'm doing just fine. Thanks for asking.

I will be handing out candy to the little ones tonight, and then after that's finished, we will probably go to another haunted house. We've already been to two of them. God, they are SCARY this year!!!  :laugh:

Have a very happy and safe Halloween, Dottie!

injest

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2007, 11:31:00 pm »
Hi David!

it is 10:30 and I had a big ol teasppon of hydorcodone and I am not uhrting but I am sleepy.

I like Hydrocodone very much.

It is nice. but I am sleepy. Are you sleepy?

I am.

Sleepy that is.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2007, 01:39:05 am »
Hi David!

it is 10:30 and I had a big ol teasppon of hydorcodone and I am not uhrting but I am sleepy.

I like Hydrocodone very much.

It is nice. but I am sleepy. Are you sleepy?

I am.

Sleepy that is.

Yes. Hydrocodone. I'm very familiar with it. I take it sometimes when I'm hurting too. I hope you are feeling better tomorrow Jess. Get some sleep, okay?  :)

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2007, 02:43:19 pm »
Hey David, I just menitoned you to someone over on my blog under my Brokeback Mountain 2 thread. We were talking about "Forever Blue"

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2007, 02:44:55 pm »
Hey there Dottie! I'm doing just fine. Thanks for asking.

I will be handing out candy to the little ones tonight, and then after that's finished, we will probably go to another haunted house. We've already been to two of them. God, they are SCARY this year!!!  :laugh:

Have a very happy and safe Halloween, Dottie!

I love haunted houses!!! Old houses, hotels and buildings fascinate me anyway so throw in haunted and that makes it even better. Were these haunted houses in places like that?

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2007, 02:57:42 pm »
I love haunted houses!!! Old houses, hotels and buildings fascinate me anyway so throw in haunted and that makes it even better. Were these haunted houses in places like that?

We do have some houses like that around here Jack. Authentic haunted houses. The Hannah House was part of the Underground Railroad and it has been certified as an authentic haunted house. But I was talking about the haunted houses they put up for Halloween each year; the ones you pay to go through and have names like "Fright Factory" and "Scream in the Dark".   :D

Offline dot-matrix

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2007, 03:39:17 am »

How's my sweet boy doing?   Two more days to the weekend!  Yippeee.  Hope you're feeling better honey bear  :-*  Going to see Alex again anytime soon? 

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2007, 04:53:12 am »
boo!!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2007, 06:44:28 pm »

How's my sweet boy doing?   Two more days to the weekend!  Yippeee.  Hope you're feeling better honey bear  :-*  Going to see Alex again anytime soon? 

Hey Dottie! :D

Yes, Alex will be here on November 16th! I can't wait! He will be here with me through the holidays this year!! :)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2007, 06:45:30 pm »

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2007, 06:48:59 pm »
Hey David, I just menitoned you to someone over on my blog under my Brokeback Mountain 2 thread. We were talking about "Forever Blue"

I saw it Jack and I responded to it. Did you see it over there?

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2007, 07:06:32 pm »

Oh David that is so wonderful...I am so happy for the both of you..   :D :D

Who's the new puppy??

Beautiful mind

Offline dot-matrix

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2007, 07:24:13 pm »
Hey Dottie! :D

Yes, Alex will be here on November 16th! I can't wait! He will be here with me through the holidays this year!! :)

Oh David that is W*O*N*D*E*R*F*U*L news!!!!! I am so happy for you both   ;D :-*

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2007, 03:51:35 am »
Oh David that is W*O*N*D*E*R*F*U*L news!!!!! I am so happy for you both   ;D :-*

Thanks Dottie! I'm very happy about it too! :)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2007, 05:00:29 am »
David! That will be lovely - and he gets to see the american way of doing things for the holidays!!!

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2007, 05:31:14 am »

Oh David that is so wonderful...I am so happy for the both of you..   :D :D

Who's the new puppy??

Hi Janice!! :D

Yes, I am very happy about it too! Thanks!!

Re the puppy: I had the puppy loaded on my computer. He came from somewhere. I'm not sure where he came from. Isn't he cute? I love Huskies! My dog Cody was a cute puppy too. He's a Golden Retriever. He slid and skidded everywhere he went because his feet were so big! He was a clumsy little devil. As a matter of fact he still is! :)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2007, 05:36:19 am »
David! That will be lovely - and he gets to see the american way of doing things for the holidays!!!

Hi Kelda!! :D

Well, I'm hoping to make this a British Christmas! At least a little bit. Father Christmas instead of Santa Claus, the coin in the figgy pudding and that sort of thing! :)

But if Alex wants an American Christmas, we can do that too! Maybe we will mix and match Christmas customs this year! :)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2007, 06:28:04 am »
Maybe we will mix and match Christmas customs this year! :)

Sounds like a Xmas & match made in heaven!

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2007, 06:31:13 am »
HELLOOOOOO!!!

Just wanted to say Hi, now that the Cullenites banned me from their forum roflmao

This is turning into a very long one day suspension, I think they use the word 'one day' the way it was used in Genesis!!!!!

a million years lolol
"I couldn't stand it no more so i fixed it"

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2007, 08:34:58 pm »
HELLOOOOOO!!!

Just wanted to say Hi, now that the Cullenites banned me from their forum roflmao

This is turning into a very long one day suspension, I think they use the word 'one day' the way it was used in Genesis!!!!!

a million years lolol

What?? What happened?

They threw you off Dave Cullen? Why for God's sakes?

Well, you're welcome to come post here any time you want! :D

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2007, 08:38:49 pm »

You gotta be shittin me...They suspended, or kicked you off. or whatever....WHAT IN HEAVENS NAME FOR!!!    Did you kick somebodys dog...Jack..?

Honey, you can come over here and spend your time anytime all the time.  we are honored.... ;D

Beautiful mind

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2007, 09:39:28 pm »
What?? What happened?

They threw you off Dave Cullen? Why for God's sakes?

Well, you're welcome to come post here any time you want! :D

Mostly I was carrying on about delusional older women who invest their heart and soul into Jake to the point they feel they know him and he wants THEM, sexually and as human beings. The guy doesn't know they exist and they write love letters. It's un healthy, very unhealthy!. It was geared to  a specific group, but they didn't get it.
It was supposed to be for a day but i still can't get on. Too much discontent over there, I feel quite badly for the unpaid, volunteer moderators who give their time and effort. We don't make it easy for them at times...

Online Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2007, 09:49:00 pm »
I don't know why you would want to carry on about THAT but, you are welcome to carry on here about anything you want! Since I didn't get to see you in NY FRiend, you owe me some time!! Looking forward to collecting!

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2007, 01:18:01 am »
I don't know why you would want to carry on about THAT but, you are welcome to carry on here about anything you want! Since I didn't get to see you in NY FRiend, you owe me some time!! Looking forward to collecting!

Collect away! Anytime!

And i will tell you why I carried on, in private, you won't believe it lol lol lol

injest

« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2007, 12:10:38 am »
HELLOOOOOO!!!

a million years lolol
I think they have more people banned than they have active members.... ::) ::) ::)

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2007, 01:20:27 pm »
Well it is lifted but I'm  thinking of  leaving anyway. The only thing holding me back is losing contact with so many people I like, people I know....

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2007, 02:33:12 pm »
Well it is lifted but I'm  thinking of  leaving anyway. The only thing holding me back is losing contact with so many people I like, people I know....

Tell you what, I signed up at DCF to stay in touch with new friends I'd made at the Barbecue and Road Trip. However, now all of the folks I wanted to stay in touch with are also over here at Bettermost, or else I'm in direct (off-board) contact with them. These days I check in over there once a day, have a look at the "Society Accepting" and "Gay and Christian" threads, and that's about it. The long and short of it is that I really don't feel that I need DCF.

If they're losing people over there, I wonder how much or how little it has to do with their moderation policy? I got kinda disillusioned over there myself after a certain someone--whose posts sometimes did piss me off but made me think--left, and then the moderators refused to allow the rest of us to kind of discuss the reasons he left.

As for your rant about the delusional older women, well, sometimes speaking truth to power comes with a price.  ::)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2007, 04:07:53 pm »
I saw it Jack and I responded to it. Did you see it over there?

Yes, thanks David. I knew I could count on you  :)

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2007, 04:21:16 pm »
Wow, Jack, you really got banned from DC? I guess I could have seen that coming actually cause you speak your mind. They don't like people like that over there. I knew I was probably getting close to getting banned too, but I just quit posting or looking on there before they had a chance to. I'm sure they were relieved. I felt no closeness with that place and like others of you have said the only reason I was there was to keep in touch with the people who I had met from there at the BBQ and SF. But, like Jeff says, most people are over here now anyway that I know the best. Others I keep in contact with privately. There is this air over there that makes everybody want to argue or something. I felt it right away when joining. I sure don't want to spend my time arguing with anyone and I respect everyone's right to have thoughts and opinions. Those are the type things that can actually lead to understanding. Anyway, I am glad you are here Jack. Stay here please. The feel of Bettermost is right and is sure the place I want to spend my time.

Jack

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2007, 04:31:14 pm »

I will agree with every one here Jack and just say you can sit on our porch, and come in the house. Any
time even if you are opposing the popular opinion...I do.  So far I havent been kicked off,...although I have
thought a couple of times I might be...I tend to be the only one on my side of an issue many times...It seems.. ::)
        I like playing the devils advocate myself....makes people think about why they think the way they do.

Beautiful mind

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2007, 04:36:21 pm »
Seems to me that when people leave "over there," generally they leave in a huff. When people leave here, generally they have just moved on with their lives. That's an oversimplification, of course.

It seems more clique-ish "over there," too.

Also, I really don't care for the more aggressive philosophy of moderating "over there."

Now I guess I better shut up about "over there." I'm not afraid of being banned here  ;D but I guess this really shouldn't be about criticizing a sister forum.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2007, 05:11:19 pm »
I've never joined over there - can't be bothered!!!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2007, 05:15:20 pm »
I've never joined over there - can't be bothered!!!

Oooo-eee. You didn't say much, Kelda, but you got your point across!  ;D

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2007, 05:19:31 pm »
Oooo-eee. You didn't say much, Kelda, but you got your point across!  ;D

:laugh: :laugh:

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2007, 08:59:09 pm »
I got banned for a day. It turned out a bit more then a day.  But what got me is I had sent the chief mod a copy of what I was going to post and was banned anyway.  DCF has a very dedicated group of mods, they do a great deal of volunteer work for everyone. It's the direction over there which rankles.

It may be temporary, it may be that there has been a seachange, but I do not really care, nor do I want to go back. I posted, sure. But something has shifted in ME now and I don't know what.

Some very surprising people have walked from Cullen the past few weeks, and some even more surprising people only stay because they do not want to lose contact with people....

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2007, 09:30:06 pm »

That is very sad, and unfortunate.. sounds like some of the people are ppower hungry and dont want to give, any
of that up.
Its too bad when people act like that..Its only artificial power anyhow..I can only imagine how they would be,
with real power...

Beautiful mind

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2007, 11:41:14 pm »
I got banned for a day. It turned out a bit more then a day.  But what got me is I had sent the chief mod a copy of what I was going to post and was banned anyway.  DCF has a very dedicated group of mods, they do a great deal of volunteer work for everyone. It's the direction over there which rankles.

It may be temporary, it may be that there has been a seachange, but I do not really care, nor do I want to go back. I posted, sure. But something has shifted in ME now and I don't know what.

Some very surprising people have walked from Cullen the past few weeks, and some even more surprising people only stay because they do not want to lose contact with people....

Hunh. You got banned for something you hadn't actually posted? That ain't right.  >:(

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2007, 12:11:15 am »
No I DID post it. I had sent it to the chief mod and recieved no reply. So I figured it was ok.

I don't have anything against the DCF. I'm just changing.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2007, 07:22:23 am »
No I DID post it. I had sent it to the chief mod and recieved no reply. So I figured it was ok.

I don't have anything against the DCF. I'm just changing.

Our gain!  ;D
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2007, 07:24:01 am »
ah, thank you!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2007, 09:47:41 am »

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2007, 11:39:11 pm »
Seems to me that when people leave "over there," generally they leave in a huff. When people leave here, generally they have just moved on with their lives. That's an oversimplification, of course.

It seems more clique-ish "over there," too.

Also, I really don't care for the more aggressive philosophy of moderating "over there."

Now I guess I better shut up about "over there." I'm not afraid of being banned here  ;D but I guess this really shouldn't be about criticizing a sister forum.

The evil step sister  ??? We are talking about Cinderella, right  :laugh:

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2007, 11:40:39 pm »
Our gain!  ;D

I agree......I would much rather see you over here Jack  ;)

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2007, 05:46:35 am »
Thanks.

I am curtailing posting over there save for a few threads, the brokeback diet thread, christians, is society as accepting, what books have you read, and scene by scene analysis.

One day at a time, I will never set foot in the fan-type threads again. Ever.  The only reason I decided to stick around was this:
I know how bad i am with the phone and emails, and do not want to drift away from my buds.

injest

« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2007, 06:33:44 am »
Thanks.

I am curtailing posting over there save for a few threads, the brokeback diet thread, christians, is society as accepting, what books have you read, and scene by scene analysis.

One day at a time, I will never set foot in the fan-type threads again. Ever.  The only reason I decided to stick around was this:
I know how bad i am with the phone and emails, and do not want to drift away from my buds.

it IS easier to visit on a site like this isn't it?

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2007, 08:11:17 am »
Yes!

I genuinely care for a lot of people there. And knowing how awful I am with the telephone, let alone emails....

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2007, 10:39:24 pm »
I definitely do know what you are saying Jack. I feel the same way. I have definitely lost touch with my friends over there.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2007, 05:47:14 pm »
The evil step sister  ??? We are talking about Cinderella, right  :laugh:

That's right. And if you can't say anything good about the evil stepsister, come sit by me.  ;D

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2007, 07:51:57 pm »
I will do that. I appreciate the invitation  ;)

Offline dot-matrix

« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2007, 02:42:08 am »
Hey David honey!  You and Alex have a wonderful Thanksgiving together.  I'm going to be off line now until next Monday.   So take care sweetie

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2007, 02:59:44 am »
Have a wonderful holiday Dottie!!!  :-*  :-*

Stay safe and have a lot of fun! Please tell Bob I wish him a happy holiday too!  :D

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #60 on: November 20, 2007, 04:46:16 am »
yes, I hope alex enjoys his fiorst thanksgiving, I will of course be thinking of you as I go into work and do normal things why you celebrate that weird festival of thanksgiving!!! ;D :P

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #61 on: November 20, 2007, 05:08:25 am »
yes, I hope alex enjoys his fiorst thanksgiving, I will of course be thinking of you as I go into work and do normal things why you celebrate that weird festival of thanksgiving!!! ;D :P

Well Kelda, I wonder about it too, because we never did celebrate Thanksgiving in my family, so this is one American tradition Alex will be missing out on. I hope I don't sound Anti American, but we never did celebrate it in my family. We will probably rent some good movies that day and munch on some popcorn, or maybe go see a movie at the cinema. :)

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #62 on: November 20, 2007, 05:36:29 am »
I don't care for turkey.

Once we had really good lasagna with all the trimmings and roast beef, screw tradition.

Turkey sucks.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #63 on: November 20, 2007, 06:01:14 am »
I don't care for turkey.

Once we had really good lasagna with all the trimmings and roast beef, screw tradition.

Turkey sucks.

Turkey does taste terrible. It tastes dry and yucky.  :P

Chicken tastes better! :D

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #64 on: November 20, 2007, 02:03:33 pm »
Well Kelda, I wonder about it too, because we never did celebrate Thanksgiving in my family, so this is one American tradition Alex will be missing out on. I hope I don't sound Anti American, but we never did celebrate it in my family. We will probably rent some good movies that day and munch on some popcorn, or maybe go see a movie at the cinema. :)

of course - becasue of your Mums roots I guess you'd not have much to say bthanks for?

I ahve to admit knowing just about zilch about thanksgiving but I have seen that buffy epsiode pangs.... and its about shumash indians and thanksgiving.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #65 on: November 20, 2007, 10:43:48 pm »

You need to learn how to cook it properly David  :D ....it's delicious and juicy if you get it just right!  Pop over on Christmas day and you can taste some of mine!! ;D

Susie  :-*

Yeehaw! Christmas Dinner at Susiebell's house!  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #66 on: November 21, 2007, 05:15:28 am »
of course - becasue of your Mums roots I guess you'd not have much to say bthanks for?

I ahve to admit knowing just about zilch about thanksgiving but I have seen that buffy epsiode pangs.... and its about shumash indians and thanksgiving.

Well, I think I have plenty to be thankful for, but yes, that is part of it. Also my Mother never really did enjoy cooking huge massive dinners. So, we never celebrated it. :)

And I'm not about to start now!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #67 on: November 21, 2007, 06:00:05 am »
Susie, you're a TRIP girl friend!! And we love ya for it!! :)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #68 on: November 21, 2007, 12:37:52 pm »
YAY! ..... the more the merrier!  I wonder what my hubby will think when all these dishy American Cowboys turn up for dinner ... yee haw!!

Susie

We'd probably scare the dickens out of him.  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #69 on: November 21, 2007, 01:18:21 pm »
HAPPY THANKSGIVING DAVID!!!

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #70 on: November 21, 2007, 10:55:46 pm »
YAY! ..... the more the merrier!  I wonder what my hubby will think when all these dishy American Cowboys turn up for dinner ... yee haw!!

Susie

I am looking forward to Christmas dinner at Susie's house. We will all have a great time  :)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #71 on: November 21, 2007, 11:20:18 pm »
HAPPY THANKSGIVING DAVID!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to you too, Jack!! :D

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #72 on: December 02, 2007, 10:23:18 am »
boo!

How are you and ALex my love? Has he become thoroughly accustomed to the American wasy of life yet?!

:-*

Offline dot-matrix

« Reply #73 on: December 05, 2007, 01:22:20 pm »
Here's a little Jared Padilecki for you sweet boy (I know how much you like him and Jensen Akles) 
;D
Happy Wednesday darlin

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #74 on: December 05, 2007, 06:15:38 pm »
Here's a little Jared Padilecki for you sweet boy (I know how much you like him and Jensen Akles) 
;D
Happy Wednesday darlin

Oh thank you Dottie!! Yes, I LOVE Jared and Jensen!! Just look at him up there! Isn't he a doll?  :-*

Now, as we ponder cute Jared, let's also admire Jensen.....

mmmmm mm MMM!!!

If cute was a crime, they'd lock those two up and throw away the key!!  :D

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #75 on: December 06, 2007, 01:59:37 pm »
Hollyoaks.. I like Hoolyoaks *drools* - I'm still hip and with it cos thats about the only soap I watch!!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #76 on: December 07, 2007, 02:39:26 am »
Hey David, have you heard of Hollyoaks?  Don't worry, Alex can tell you all about it!

It's a soap here in the UK, mostly aimed at teenagers and young adults.  My daughter loves loves loves it ... they deal with all sorts of issues including anorexia, single parents, child abuse, rape, homosexuality ... not to mention the guys are very nice to look at!  ;D  .....

This is a montage of John Paul and Craig, John Paul is openly gay, Craig is struggling to come to terms with his sexuality ....

[youtube=425,350]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ_S5EQ6r_0&feature=related[/youtube]

Susie  ;D

Hey Susie! Yes, Alex says he watches this. He said he watches it on Channel 4.

Damn!  >:(

I have to find a way to get more British programming over here in Indy!  8)

Offline dot-matrix

« Reply #77 on: December 07, 2007, 03:03:12 am »
Hollyoaks is on BBC-America at midnight every weekday night....does cable in Indy have BBC-America David  :-\

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #78 on: December 07, 2007, 04:37:56 am »
Hollyoaks is on BBC-America at midnight every weekday night....does cable in Indy have BBC-America David  :-\

Indy does, but we don't. Not at this house. I gotta get back to Speedway soon!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #79 on: December 07, 2007, 09:54:43 am »
Hey David, have you heard of Hollyoaks?  Don't worry, Alex can tell you all about it!

It's a soap here in the UK, mostly aimed at teenagers and young adults.  My daughter loves loves loves it ... they deal with all sorts of issues including anorexia, single parents, child abuse, rape, homosexuality ... not to mention the guys are very nice to look at!  ;D  .....

This is a montage of John Paul and Craig, John Paul is openly gay, Craig is struggling to come to terms with his sexuality ....

[youtube=425,350]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ_S5EQ6r_0&feature=related[/youtube]

Susie  ;D

The second guy from the left needs to have his ears pinned back. They stick out too far.

Yeah, I can be soooo shallow and critical. ...  ;D

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #80 on: December 07, 2007, 02:34:34 pm »
heh - if you're critical of them ... what about Ian Gallagher from Shameless!?!

Have you heard of Shameless? Its a comedy drama and is set on a really bad housing estate in Manchester.

Ian was 14 when it first started and is gay. And shags all these other neddy guys. The show was notable for its portrayal of an intergenerational, inter-racial gay love affair in its first series. Ian Gallagher, then just 14, was having sex with his Muslim shopkeeper boss, a love that was portrayed not as scandalous or sleazy. It just happened. Ian had to come to terms with his brother, Lip, finding out, and had to keep his sexuality a secret from his lazy alcoholic father, Frank, at all costs. Ian gained in sexual confidence in the second and third series, at one point bedding a police officer// also in the 4th series his Mum appared back on the scene and she is a lesbian.

I was killing myself laughing at the episode last night - they just turn round the gay stereotypes so well. I love it! Ian was getting it on with the ned next door, Mickey.

[youtube=425,350]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4z22cL_jUK4[/youtube]
(This one is 1min long and gives a little intro to the main characters of Shameless)

The next one is actually 45mins long and its a full episode - Series 4, episode 4.

A little synopsis.......When Ian gets caught up with someone on the run he's initially reluctant to help them. However, the more time they spend together, the more their attraction to each other grows. Everything seems to click between them. Only problem is, she's a girl... Karen is determined to out-do Jamie on the fun run but it's not just friendly competition as they're obviously both attracted to one another - but will they stop arguing for long enough to realise? Paddy Maguire is very concerned about his wife, Mimi, when she stops talking. Realising how important family is, he puts Lip in a difficult position - but will Lip be able to stand his ground on this one?

[youtube=425,350]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=lzb_aaTphrU[/youtube]

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #81 on: December 10, 2007, 08:19:04 am »
<<<<Clueless In Denver

What ARE  big ears supposedly good for???

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #82 on: December 10, 2007, 06:06:48 pm »
oh fer....

LOL

I should have put 2+2 together; it's something I know about roflmao

Offline dot-matrix

« Reply #83 on: December 17, 2007, 04:15:52 am »
Hey Sweetie!  Hope you and Alex are having Fun in Vegas...just remember what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas 

;)

+   +

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #84 on: December 22, 2007, 08:12:05 am »
How was Las Vegas D?

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #85 on: December 25, 2007, 01:42:10 am »
How was Las Vegas D?

It was fun Kelda. Alex won $512.00 on the slots, and a friend of mine gave me a dollar to play, and he won around $400.00.

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #86 on: December 28, 2007, 07:37:23 am »
joyeaux noel David!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #87 on: December 29, 2007, 06:19:59 pm »
Jeff!  You big dummy.  Don't you know what ears like that are good for?   ;D

>:(

I'm going to ignore that crack, because I wouldn't want "Jugears" to be giving me oral sex. Or rather, he'd be the last one of the four that I'd pick.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #88 on: December 30, 2007, 05:28:37 am »
joyeaux noel David!

Een Fijne Feestdagen Jack! :)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #89 on: December 30, 2007, 11:27:04 pm »
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Some people are so particular.   ::)

One's tastes get more discriminating as one gets older.  :laugh:

I think he's kind of cute.   :P

Then why are you sticking your tongue out in that distasteful manner?  ???

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #90 on: February 13, 2008, 03:25:43 pm »
Hi Gary!!! :)