Author Topic: The Confessions of a Gay Altar Boy  (Read 30453 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
The Confessions of a Gay Altar Boy
« on: October 23, 2007, 01:14:42 am »
It can be a wild and crazy time growing up gay and Catholic. It gets even crazier when the Church approaches you to become an altar boy.

In the coming days and weeks I will be posting true stories based on my childhood memories of growing up gay and Catholic in the Midwest during the 1960's and 70's. Some stories will be thought provoking, some will be sad, and others,.... well who knows?

Bless me Father for I have sinned......

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: The Confessions of a Gay Altar Boy
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 01:48:38 pm »

Awww David I find that hard to believe..   You a sinner.  You are so sweet and kind..thoughtful and,
oh we have been here before, right...??             :laugh:
         I cant wait to read this one !!

Beautiful mind

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 01:51:36 pm »
Oh this is gone be good!
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Scott6373

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2007, 01:58:28 pm »
I was one, so it should be fun to read his story

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2007, 02:04:41 pm »
Me too.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2007, 02:08:11 pm »
Gee, the three of you could form a posse, or somethin'.  :-\
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2007, 03:01:08 pm »
Gee, the three of you could form a posse, or somethin'.  :-\

I believe three makes a trinity. 8)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2007, 03:04:42 pm »
I believe three makes a trinity. 8)

Around here a three-way is more likely.  :-\
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Scott6373

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2007, 03:09:36 pm »
Around here a three-way is more likely.  :-\

Something tells me two things:

1.  Neither Paul or David are that kind of guy

2.  David is gonna be pissed when he sees  what we have done here

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2007, 03:14:02 pm »

Well, somebody's changed a lot in a year. You never know.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2007, 03:16:38 pm »

David clearly said a few hundred pages ago in his blog, "I ain't that innocent." 

I take the fifth.

Sorry, David, for messing up your serious  sub-blog.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2007, 03:38:25 pm »
David clearly said a few hundred pages ago in his blog, "I ain't that innocent." 

I take the fifth.

Sorry, David, for messing up your serious  sub-blog.

It'll be all right, I'm sure. David knows I think he's cute as a button. I just hope there aren't any horror stories or sad stories.  :(  :-\

injest

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2007, 06:50:32 pm »
but if there are we will all stand behind him and give him lots of these: {{{}}}}

and a bunch of these:  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Heck! I say we give him a bunch of those even if they are all happy stories!

(and David NEVER gets really really mad at anyone - too much)

David, you have us all ears! please come tell us.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2007, 02:48:17 am »
For those of you who are religious, you may find what I'm about to say extremely offensive.

Continue reading at your own peril....

You've been warned!!

All of the following stories are completely true. Well, they are completely true to the best of my memory.

The bells of Saint Matthew ring loud and proud. It's 9:50 AM. The "Call To Mass" as they referred to it. Everyone knows what time Mass starts. 10:00 AM. For GOD SAKES, what's up with those damn bells? Nobody DARES to walk into Mass late. If you can't make it on time, it's better not to show up at all. That's what I always said. I remember once a family walked into Mass during the Kyrie, and the priest halted right there and then, stared at the offending family (along with the entire congregation) and shamed said family in front of God, all of Heaven and all of creation too.

That family was MY family. And we never did it again. Nobody did.

So, now you know why the need for these bells are, well, needless! But they rang them anyway. Two entire towers full of them...16 in total. All ringing at once. I love church bells at Christmas time, but the rest of the year.... FORGET IT!!

Back in Catholic School, we had to go up there into those towers and clean the cob webs off the bell mechanisms. Child Labor if you ask me. And of course, they always forgot to turn the damn things off while we were up there. The bells were set to chime once an hour during daylight hours and 10 minutes before and after each Mass. Covering your hands over your ears was only marginally helpful. The sound travelled straight through them. I think the priests and the nuns had a good laugh at our expense. I could just picture them down there laughing. Yeah. ha ha. Real funny. Now I think I know why I'm so hard of hearing. In my left ear especially.

Say what, ya'll??  ;)

More later.....

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2007, 03:14:09 am »
Serving Mass

I couldn't believe it when the church approached me to be an altar boy. Me?? Well, alrighty then!

Hell yes, I went for it. What gay Catholic boy wouldn't? It was my one chance to put on a dress (they called them vestments, but I say tomato, you say tomahto) stand in front of a bunch of religious rights and get away with it! Drag honey! That's right! It was the Catholic church who taught me all about drag. But I digress.

Communion was fun too. Hunks. Lots and lots of gorgeous handsome hunks. All those guys I went to school with. And there they were, KNEELING in front of me, eyes closed, tongues hanging out, as I pressed a gold plate to their necks. I damn near passed out from all the heat.

They finally got airconditioning two years after I stopped serving at Mass. Not that it mattered much. I watched an altar boy pass out during communion even after airconditioning was installed in the church. I'll bet you dollars to donuts he was gay. Poor guy. We Catholics have funny ways of outing the gay members in our congregation.  :-\

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2007, 04:06:37 am »
The Crucifix

How many of you Catholics out there remember the good ol' crucifix? Mom hung one over the head of my bed. Okay, that's all well and good if you are STRAIGHT! But hang one over the bed of a gay teenager? Honey!!

MASTERBATION IS A SIN!!! That's what they told us! You don't hang the gorgeous body of a muscular man in a loin cloth over the head of a gay teenager's bed and then tell him he "can't touch it".

It's no wonder I learned to sleep in the fetal position.   >:(  :P

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2007, 04:26:11 am »
...You don't hang the gorgeous body of a muscular man in a loin cloth over the head of a gay teenager's bed and then tell him he "can't touch it".

I'm sorry, David - this is funny in that ironic, sick, twisted way.  Laughing my heart out!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ahem..please continue.
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2007, 04:42:25 am »
I'm sorry, David - this is funny in that ironic, sick, twisted way.  Laughing my heart out!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ahem..please continue.

Should I? I'm scared I'll drag ya'll straight to Hell with me if I continue!  ;)  :D

Okay. I'll continue Lynne! (If you insist) But I'll do it tomorrow, okay?  :)

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2007, 04:44:30 am »
Should I? I'm scared I'll drag ya'll straight to Hell with me if I continue!  ;)  :D

Okay. I'll continue Lynne! (If you insist) But I'll do it tomorrow, okay?  :)

That'll be plenty soon enough.  And to paraphrase Lila in Latter Days, heaven would be boring without you anyway, so no worries on my behalf.  ;)

Edit to add:  "If we're going to hell, we may as well take the scenic route."  ;) :D
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2007, 06:50:23 am »

What is it that Groucho Marx used to say..."I would never want to be a member of any club, that would have
me as a member?"  You are tops with me boy, and anywhere you go, I will be glad and priviledged to go too.

Beautiful mind

mvansand76

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2007, 07:07:10 am »
Please continue sweetie!  :P ;) :-*

This is fantastic!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2007, 01:18:18 am »
Communion

No eating 12 hours before Mass. All you fellow Catholics out there...remember that one? If you eat anything 12 hours before Mass, or drink anything 2 hours before, you can't go to communion. To do so is committing sacrilege. 

If you haven't gone to Confession you shouldn't go to Communion either. That would be sacrilege too.

Sacrilege. This is something all good Catholics wanted to avoid. Worse than a mortal sin. So, naturally we avoided committing it at all costs, and we didn't eat and made damn sure we hadn't committed anything worse than a venial sin before the beginning of Mass. Scary stuff.

And after all of that, the only thing they give us is a little piece of bread. Stale bread. A little itty bitty piece of stale bread about 1 inch round. Thin as cardboard. It tasted like cardboard too. Slightly sweet, and as dry as hell. It would cling to the roof of the mouth like peanut butter. All you Catholics out there.. am I right? How many of you were tempted to pick it off the roof of your mouth with your finger? But we didn't dare do it, did we? Why couldn't they give us a sip of water to wash that thing down with? Something. Anything. Everyone would be kneeling and praying as they attempted to suck the stale bread off the roof of their mouths. We all looked as if we just took a hit of lemon juice. Awful stuff, those communion wafers.

They made me starve myself for 12 hours and go to Mass as hungry as hell all for THAT? A piece of stiff and stale bread? I always wanted to ask the priest if he had a little piece of Brie to go with that stale bread. Butter? Margarine? God, a little salt??!!

And they have the NERVE to call this a "supper". This confirms to me the Pope must be straight! No gay Pope in his right mind would invite people to supper and only offer them a piece of stale bread.

Now they give us a sip of wine too. THANK YOU! Just what I wanted; a sip of wine from the same cup as the person snotting and coughing in front of me. Influenza anyone? I'll skip the wine and return to my pew with the piece of stale bread stuck to the roof of my mouth.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2007, 09:40:16 am »
The Lutheran congregation I was raised in used little unleavened wafers about the size of a quarter. My mother's advice to me, when I was first admitted to Communion, was to get a good amount of spit on my tongue, shove the wafer against the roof of my mouth, and forget about it.  ;D

Now that church uses a loaf of real bread, dry and not particularly tasty, and it's almost impossible to get it chewed and swallowed by the time some assistant is shoving the wine at you.  ;D

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2007, 04:13:26 pm »
loving this thread D!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2007, 04:15:53 pm »
Yes, please continue.   

And if it gets too heavy I can always tell my pregnant Nun joke.     ::)

I don't know that one, but I know one about two nuns and a bedpan.  ::)

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2007, 05:25:11 pm »
David, honey, I'm with you. 

The rituals are difficult enough, but they kept changing the rules.  It's very confusing for a child.  I remember the dry quarter-sized cardboard communion wafer.  We were told not to chew , that it would eventually melt. 

A few years later, well into the 70s, they changed the wafer.  Now it was this whole wheat affair, and you had  to chew it.  So, now we were told it's OK to chew the body of Christ. 

Also, the nuns wore their habit, never showing their heads.  Few years later, they were all wearing polyester pant suits and sported the popular "shag" haircut.  Go figure.

More stories, David?

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2007, 06:53:18 pm »
Whole-wheat hosts? How ... healthy. ...

Offline dot-matrix

• www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2007, 07:05:09 pm »
Whole-wheat hosts? How ... healthy. ...

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Not unlike the Pita Bread we've been getting.  It comes complete with a perforation down the middle like a zipper so when the priest holds it up it splits perfectly in two.
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline tampatalon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Never Enuff Time
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2007, 07:30:23 pm »
I was raised Catholic and I always wondered how many veneal sins would equal one mortal sin.

TampaTalon ^">
"Lean on me, Let our hearts beat in time, Feel strength from the hands that have held you so long. Who cares where we go on this rutted old road, In a world that may say that we're wrong."--EmmyLou Harris

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2007, 08:08:42 pm »

Whole wheat pita bread, jeese..I thought it was supposed to be unleavened wheat flour....?

Shows how long since i have been to communion.          :-\

Beautiful mind

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2007, 09:34:50 pm »
Not unlike the Pita Bread we've been getting.  It comes complete with a perforation down the middle like a zipper so when the priest holds it up it splits perfectly in two.

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2007, 11:43:25 pm »
Confession

We Catholics are a strange and overly scrupulous bunch of people. We claim to believe in a loving and merciful God, and yet we feel compelled to run to Confession every time we think we may have committed even the slightest of sins. Faster than crap through a goose, we're down at the church telling someone else what we think we just did. I've seen it happen over and over again.

My Mother was like this. If she even suspected I was thinking an impure thought, she'd grab me by my ear, toss me in her car and drive my ass down to the church. Pronto. Mom used to tell me to bring along my bed, because I'll probably be back there again tomorrow. Might as well spend the night in there. Most of the time she was right. I was back the next day, but often times I didn't know why.

Many non Catholics don't understand how scary Confession can be for a teenager. The Confessional is about the size of a telephone booth. Inside is a kneeler, a crucifix and a grate in the wall for the priest to speak through. It was hot and dark. Pitch black - like kneeling inside an upended coffin with the lid closed. Most of the time we'd enter the Confessional, close the door and wait for a couple of minutes in total pitch blackness and silence until the priest suddenly slid the grate open, allowing a small amount of light to penetrate the tiny room........

Bless me Father for I have sinned. It's been.......it's been.... um.... one day since my last Confession.

David? Is that you again?

Umm. I guess so Father.

What did you do this time?

Well, I'm not sure. I was standing there talking to my Mother, and I think I might have glanced down towards my waist. Now I'm in here.

You glanced down towards your waist?

Yes Father.

Did you have any impure thoughts while you were glancing at your waist?

NO Father!

Did you touch yourself in an impure manner as you were glancing towards your waist?

NO Father! I was talking to my Mother!

So, do you confess that you might have had some impure thoughts, or touched yourself in an impure manner had your Mother not been standing there?

No Father.

Do you have anything else to confess?

No Father. I don't think so.

Say an act of contrition.

O my God, I am heartily sorry for having offended Thee, and I detest all my sins because not only do I dread the loss of Heaven and the pains of Hell, but most of all because they offend Thee, my God, Who art all good and deserving of all my love. I firmly resolve, with the help of Thy grace, to sin no more and to avoid the near occasions of sin.

By authority of our Lord Jesus Christ and Holy Mother Church, I absolve you of your sins in the name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit. For your penance I want you to say 15 Our Fathers, 15 Hail Marys and 3 rosaries. Oh, and David?

Yes Father?

Before you come back to Confession tomorrow, have your Mother call the Church ahead of time. I'm getting tired of missing my I Love Lucy episodes because of this. Okay?

???  ???  ???

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2007, 09:09:48 am »
David, you got some 'splainin' to do.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2007, 09:16:42 am »

Whole wheat pita bread, jeese..I thought it was supposed to be unleavened wheat flour....?

Shows how long since i have been to communion.          :-\

Actually, after I laughed about this yesterday, I got to thinking, if that whole-wheat pita happens to be unleavened, it's probably closer to what Jesus actually used at the Last Supper than just about anything else available.  :-\ I mean, pita bread is Middle Eastern, after all.

I still think the perforation is funny, though.  ;D

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2007, 11:41:00 am »
A Catholic Goes to Confession

In a small cathedral a janitor was cleaning the pews between services when he was approached by the minister. The minister asked the janitor, "Could you go  into the confessional and listen to confessions for me? I really have to go to the bathroom and the Widow McGee is coming. She tends to go on and on but never really does anything worthy of serious repentance, so when she's done just give her 10 Hail Mary's and I'll be right back."

Being the helpful sort, the janitor agreed. Just as expected the Widow McGee came into the booth and started her confession.  "Oh Father, I have truly sinned, I have given into carnal thoughts and have had oral sex."

Stunned, the janitor had no idea how to handle this situation.  Surely 10 Hail Mary's would not do. So, in a moment of desperation the janitor peered his head out of the confessional and asked an altar boy, "Son, what does the minister give for oral sex?"

The altar boy said, "a Snickers bar and a Coke."

:o :-X :laugh:

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2007, 01:04:39 am »
I was raised Catholic and I always wondered how many veneal sins would equal one mortal sin.

TampaTalon ^">

I don't think it really works that way!  ;)

They always told us not to go to Communion if we had committed a mortal sin (breaking one of the 10 Commandments). Lesser sins (venial) would be forgiven when we took Communion. It never did make a whole lot of sense to me, but that's what they always told us.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2007, 01:06:05 am »
David, you got some 'splainin' to do.

That's probably true!  :D

But there's some things I'll never 'splain. At least not on the Internet!  ;)

mvansand76

« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2007, 09:40:22 am »
A Catholic Goes to Confession

In a small cathedral a janitor was cleaning the pews between services when he was approached by the minister. The minister asked the janitor, "Could you go  into the confessional and listen to confessions for me? I really have to go to the bathroom and the Widow McGee is coming. She tends to go on and on but never really does anything worthy of serious repentance, so when she's done just give her 10 Hail Mary's and I'll be right back."

Being the helpful sort, the janitor agreed. Just as expected the Widow McGee came into the booth and started her confession.  "Oh Father, I have truly sinned, I have given into carnal thoughts and have had oral sex."

Stunned, the janitor had no idea how to handle this situation.  Surely 10 Hail Mary's would not do. So, in a moment of desperation the janitor peered his head out of the confessional and asked an altar boy, "Son, what does the minister give for oral sex?"

The altar boy said, "a Snickers bar and a Coke."

Wow that is not funny at all! What with all the child abuse that is going on in the Catholic church right now.

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2007, 09:25:29 am »

David, did you ever serve on the altar for Benediction? I loved Benediction 'cause I got to be in charge of the incense!  ;D  I'd really pile the incense on big-time and swing that thurible high when the priest lifted the ornate, gilt monstrance in blessing. Benediction was very popular with the seniors and they really enjoyed belted out "Nearer My God to Thee" at Benediction. I used to serve at Benediction every Wednesday and Friday evening. I believe the Second Vatican Council put an end to it. Shame, because it was a beautiful old ceremony, very colourful, and gave a great deal of comfort to the older parishioners, approaching the end of their lives.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2007, 02:35:24 am »
David, did you ever serve on the altar for Benediction? I loved Benediction 'cause I got to be in charge of the incense!  ;D  I'd really pile the incense on big-time and swing that thurible high when the priest lifted the ornate, gilt monstrance in blessing. Benediction was very popular with the seniors and they really enjoyed belted out "Nearer My God to Thee" at Benediction. I used to serve at Benediction every Wednesday and Friday evening. I believe the Second Vatican Council put an end to it. Shame, because it was a beautiful old ceremony, very colourful, and gave a great deal of comfort to the older parishioners, approaching the end of their lives.

Same thing here too Kerry! Yes, V2 put an end to it, but here in the US, individual churches were allowed to continue observing it if they wanted to. At my church, we only had Benediction on high holy days, and yes I did get to swing the thurible. We used (and still use) incense at Mass, not only on high holy days, but also during funerals and weddings. But I'm too old to be an altar boy now!  ;)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2007, 10:08:12 am »

OMG, Roman Catholics singing "Nearer, My God, to Thee"! Who knew?  ;D

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2007, 07:19:46 am »
OMG, Roman Catholics singing "Nearer, My God, to Thee"! Who knew?  ;D

Yep, Nearer my God to Thee was sung at Benediction every Wednesday and Friday evening at St Patrick's on Church Hill in Sydney. Along with O Sanctissima and The Beatitudes. The program never varied. And that was just how the old folks liked it. Back in those distant days, the Marist Fathers ran St Pat's. Looking back, it all appears quite surreal. The Marists in their quizzical black birettas, topped with pom-poms. Me in my cassock and pretty lace surplice. Did I really live through that or is it all just a strange, exotic dream? It was all soooooo long ago.

O Sanctissima, O Piissima
Dulcis Virgo Maria
Mater amata, Intemerata
Ora, Ora Pro Nobis

(O most holy, O most lowly
Sweet Virgin Mary
Beloved Mother, undefiled
Pray, pray for us!)

One could equally ask why a Marian hymn was being sung at what is, essentially, the Eucharistic celebration of Benediction. I guess only God and the Marists can answer that question!
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2007, 08:57:04 am »
Okay, so what do you do about communion if you are gluetin intolerant?

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2007, 09:39:47 am »
Okay, so what do you do about communion if you are gluetin intolerant?

You find a parish that uses gluten-free hosts. I'm sure they make 'em.

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2007, 09:54:04 am »
That would be an inneresting converstion. That leads my tangential mind toward hostess twinkies, which I have lived long enough to despise.  ;D

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2007, 10:14:29 am »
That would be an inneresting converstion. That leads my tangential mind toward hostess twinkies, which I have lived long enough to despise.  ;D

I despise them too, but we have our local home-grown brand of snack cakes called Tasty-kakes.  :D

injest

« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2007, 10:48:32 pm »

have you touched one lately? I don't remember them being so sticky!  :P

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2007, 03:50:42 am »

What ya'll talking about in here? Is WHAT sticky? Twinkies aren't sticky. You must be talking about something else Jess.

Got something to confess Jess? This is the perfect place to do it!  ;)

Offline dot-matrix

• www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2007, 04:04:10 am »
What ya'll talking about in here? Is WHAT sticky? Twinkies aren't sticky. You must be talking about something else Jess.

Got something to confess Jess? This is the perfect place to do it!  ;)

Maybe Jess got ahold of a stale twinkie  ::) and thats why it's sticky

Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2007, 01:31:33 am »
You know, it amazes me how many Brokies were either Episcopalian Acolytes or Catholic Altar Boys...me, I was this angelic presence on the Altar during Catholic Mass.

Just like today.

You can hear the heavenly choir sing when I'm around! ::)
"I couldn't stand it no more so i fixed it"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2007, 01:43:04 am »
You know, it amazes me how many Brokies were either Episcopalian Acolytes or Catholic Altar Boys...me, I was this angelic presence on the Altar during Catholic Mass.

Just like today.

Is that what that racket is?  ;D

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2007, 01:55:58 am »
lmao

yeah just ask 'em over there! I wonder if I'm still banned, this is the longest one day ban I ever heard of--it started wednesday evening.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2007, 03:16:17 pm »

What did you do Jack?  Were you late for lashes again?

Beautiful mind

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2007, 01:45:11 am »

What did you do Jack?  Were you late for lashes again?

Nope. I went after delusional lashers. Like the 65 year old lady who sent Jake a note offering to give 10,000.00 to his favorite charity if he spent the night on her 65th birthday. And the Rosary Lady, who says nightly prayers to the Virgin that she make God the Father order Jake to ravish her .

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2007, 11:09:34 pm »

Holy cats...They would subject him to that...for a paltry 10,000 dollars.  For a man that makes the kind

of money he does...creepy.  What the heck do these women think....never mind I just answered my own

question.   They dont... :-X :-X

Beautiful mind

injest

« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2007, 12:08:23 am »

Just like today.

I thought I heard angels singing the other day!! I thought my time was up!! Jeez, BBJack...announce yourself or something...you'll give people in the next thread a heart attack or something...

parading around with a choir like that....

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2007, 01:18:55 pm »
will do!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2007, 02:37:22 am »
So David, did you ever confess to having "impure thoughts" when all those hot guys got down on their knees and put their tongues out at communion?   :P   :laugh:

If I had been you, and if it was necessary for me to recount every single "impure thought" the priest would have never gotten to watch TV again.   :-X

Gary

:laugh:

Yeah, that was my problem too Gary. I think a few of my confessions ran longer than most other people's did. I think I was a naughty kid at times. I had that reputation anyway. I'm glad you are enjoying these Gary. I will post some more of them very soon. :D

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2007, 01:07:22 am »
What has happened to the Catholic Church?

This is how I remember Mass. This video was taken last year during Christmas at Holy Rosary Catholic Church in Indianapolis...

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2af2Q12um4[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkzWtYCFvvk[/youtube]

Now contrast THAT with THIS....

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WadbbxPoBlk[/youtube]

and this....

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsC4wRPybpA[/youtube]

I don't know if I feel like laughing or crying!

:laugh:  :'(  :laugh:  :'(  :laugh:  :'(

:-\  :-\

>:(  >:(  >:(

:P

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2007, 01:17:59 am »
Hi David,

Saturday afternoon I went to Lowe's and got some cherry stain for a dinning table that I have on order.  The queue moved very slowly, and I had to wait close to a half hour.  But I didn't mind.  There was this really hot Asian guy in front of me.  OMG!  This guy really did it for me.  Early to mid 20's, slim, big, boyish smile and friendly personality.  And he had on a worn ball cap, a hoody sweatshirt, and old, torn jeans.  I couldn't keep my eyes off of him.  He must have noticed me staring because he decided to exchange pleastentries with me right after he checked out.  God bless him!  Of course I blushed, but still I was thrilled that he spoke to me. 

As you can imagine, being the naughty boy that you are, in that half hour many, many "impure thoughts" went through my head.  So I'm wondering if you could give me the number of your priest.  I think I need to burn that man's ear off before I can go the heaven.   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Gary

I think you'd be hard pressed to shock that priest of mine Gary. He's heard it all over the years, especially after all those confessions of mine.

Back in the old days, they'd probably tell you to gouge out one of your eyes, but I don't recommend that one either little buddy! ;)

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2007, 09:39:39 am »
I was literally yanked out of the confessional when i was 13 by the shithead of a priest who was hearing hearing my confession. He got out of the booth, opened the door and dragged me out by my arm, ytelling at me. He then dragged me down the main aisle of the church by my hair and threw me out of the front door. It wasn't that crowded and it wasn't my own parish thank God. I'd wanted to go to a different church for that particular confession; I was scared of having someone who might have known my parents hear about it, 'seal of the confessional' or not!

And to this very day I have short hair, which is pretty LOL even if nothing else is! In the 70's it was one of those John Travolta/Saturday Night Fever styles,  sprayed harder then granite: ain't no way they'd have been grabbing it roflmao. When I went through my 50's greaser phase it was so greasy nobody could have held onto it lolol. In the 90's as a gelhead,  again, there was no way they could grab it lmao.

Today I still keep it short. Except when i can't get to the barbershop.

All because of a confession at age 13!

Offline tampatalon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Never Enuff Time
« Reply #61 on: December 10, 2007, 02:30:45 pm »
Dang! Thiis thread almost entices me to dust off an old spoof I wrote called
"An Act of Contrition" a long long time ago.

TampaTalon^">
"Lean on me, Let our hearts beat in time, Feel strength from the hands that have held you so long. Who cares where we go on this rutted old road, In a world that may say that we're wrong."--EmmyLou Harris

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #62 on: December 10, 2007, 05:55:38 pm »
ah..

I tried to speak with him about being what can only be called raped, the year before. He didn't believe me: thought I was making it all up to mock the act of confession,   he himself, and the whole sacrament.

I told him I wasn't making fun of anything, didn't know how to deal with it all and didn't want to tell my family [which is why I had gone to confession] and he still didn't believe it. However, I DID tell him he was a total shithead as he threw me out. And I still think he was a total shithead.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2007, 06:35:41 pm »
ah..

I tried to speak with him about being what can only be called raped, the year before. He didn't believe me: thought I was making it all up to mock the act of confession,   he himself, and the whole sacrament.

I told him I wasn't making fun of anything, didn't know how to deal with it all and didn't want to tell my family [which is why I had gone to confession] and he still didn't believe it. However, I DID tell him he was a total shithead as he threw me out. And I still think he was a total shithead.

:-\ :'(

(((Jack))) 
:-* :-* :-* :-*

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #64 on: December 10, 2007, 06:37:11 pm »
hey, thanks!

and that priest is STILL a total shithead, even if he is dead lolol