Author Topic: Introducing you to 'Reesenhaal'  (Read 16919 times)

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • no way out but through
Re: Introducing you to 'Reesenhaal'
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2007, 02:13:33 pm »
I read on a celebrity blog that this whole thing is a faux-mance, cooked up because "Rendition" is tanking.

Seems plausible to me.

L

Another reason not to be a celebrity, who wants to be involved in a "faux-mance"?  Okay, maybe if it's with Jake or Heath, I do....

::)
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2007, 06:41:10 pm »
Now I just don't get the faux-mance thing.

1) Why would anyone cook that up? Would it even particularly help a film like Rendition?

2) Why would people like Gyllenhaal & Witherspoon participate in something like that?

I mean, I could see it being done by folks like Paris Hilton or reality-show hacks -- for vehicles like From Justin to Kelly or something, but this? I just don't get it.   ???

moremojo

« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2007, 07:06:36 pm »
I agree--I don't buy the 'faux-romance' angle here. It's not that it couldn't or doesn't happen at all...surely it does. It's just that I think Jake has too much integrity as a human being to conform to some studio-mandated nonsense like that. (I'm not trying to suggest that the stars of the old Hollywood days didn't necessarily have integrity, but they had far fewer choices about living their lives and keeping their jobs). Jake has struck me as a sincere, decent-hearted person for a while now (didn't really know of him before Brokeback Mountain), and it's clear from these photos that he has some sort of feeling for Reese.

Offline Nikita111

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #53 on: January 01, 2008, 06:20:24 am »
He goes for the pretty blond ones anyway!

Perhaps I should dye my hair... hmmm....

well, pretty maybe but not compare to his looks. he is way prettier than her and so he was with Kirsten.