Author Topic: Country Music ?  (Read 4575 times)

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Country Music ?
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2007, 09:56:09 pm »
                  Don't know what this is about really.  Just felt like saying it.
           I love all kinds of music..Except for hip hop...that stuff gets on my nerves...I have a very short span,
with that before I start to turn yellow and green....uuk..
          I dont really like a lot of singers however in all areas...I dont like as many women singers, as i do men. in general, I do however" love "the ones I think are great..I cant stand Mariah, or Madonna (sorry chuckie)  I was a big fan of Whitney, but that is long  over too. 
I love Gladys night Nancy Wilson, and Trisha Yearwood.  Dinah Washington, man she and Brooks Benton...Music doesnt get any better than that.  I also love Shania Twain.  And in country music, I love Vince Gill, Alan Jackson, and Toby Keith .
There is Garth , Wynona, too many to mention...As I say, music is music, and its like the little girl with the curl...if its
good its very very good...and if its bad its horrid...I dont really understand why we need to separate, into i ikes and feel
like we have to like only one thing to be cool.. The old country bluegrass is wonderful.  Its just association that makes
a connection, that usually helps you to feel the music.  When you feel it...you will like it....
           I even have listened to avante garde stuff that was good...its an aquired taste but interestng non the less.
I love classical music, and jazz...i dont know..other that hip hop,, that stuff that leslie introduced me to is the only
thing i could never get a hook on.....cant remember the name now even...i still have the record though...My favorite at
the moment is Rufus, and I still like Rod Stewart...I particularly like his new incarnation with forties and fifties stuff...
So I think we should all have a peroriforal interest at least in some way to all music...And by the way David, the
kind of line dancing those cowboys were doing in San Francisco...dont say you hate it until you see that kind.....

Sorry for taking over your blog...

Beautiful mind

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2007, 09:12:05 am »
Speaking of Country Music, I read yesterday that Porter Wagoner died on Sunday.

When I was a kid our local TV station back home used to carry his show--when Dolly Parton was nobody but his partner for duets.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • no way out but through
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2007, 02:31:59 pm »
I love country music.  Okay, well, not all of it, but it's probably the genre I like best.  I was definitely a daddy's girl growing up - and he had country music playing softly on his radio all the time.  None of my friends ever liked it.  The only country music concert I've ever been able to go to was Reba McEntire, and I went with my dad... I would sure like to go to more, but ain't got no friends to go to with me. :P

I like Scott's assessment of why it is appealing. 
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger