Author Topic: The Amazing Race (Now Season 25 chat)  (Read 389145 times)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
Re: The Amazing Race (Now Season 15 chat)
« Reply #510 on: September 24, 2009, 07:45:24 am »
Bumping becasue it starts this Sunday!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #511 on: September 27, 2009, 08:36:53 pm »
Sam and Dan.

They are "family" so I have to root for them! :D

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #512 on: September 27, 2009, 08:46:13 pm »
God, I hope they don't get eliminated already! They are still at the wasabi roulette table. :P

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #513 on: September 27, 2009, 08:59:19 pm »
Kelda, did you leave a team off the list? I don't see Big Easy and Flight Time up there.

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #514 on: September 27, 2009, 11:31:01 pm »
Good opening show!  The Poker Chicks are my least favourite players, pretending to be working for a non-profit organisation was pretty offensive I thought. Well it's a toss up between them and the "cut-throat lawyer".
I thought I wouldn't get into this time but i really enjoyed it.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #515 on: September 28, 2009, 12:08:17 am »
Gil, it's great to see you!  Are you living in Montreal now?

I loved the part with the ducks.  But I hated the beginning.  I thought it was just plain mean for the producers to eliminate one couple before they could even get on a plane.  On "Top Chef" one time, they eliminated one chef because she was the slowest in slicing an apple; she never got into the kitchen.  Are we supposed to think they're tough and cool for crushing someone's hopes before they're even out of the gate?  Not!  >:(
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #516 on: September 28, 2009, 08:34:40 am »
Kelda, did you leave a team off the list? I don't see Big Easy and Flight Time up there.

Hey David.. Big Easy & Flight Time's real names are Herbert and Nathaniel - I'll change it to the names being used on he show...

Gil, it's great to see you!  Are you living in Montreal now?

I loved the part with the ducks.  But I hated the beginning.  I thought it was just plain mean for the producers to eliminate one couple before they could even get on a plane.  Are we supposed to think they're tough and cool for crushing someone's hopes before they're even out of the gate?  Not!  >:(

I would have been totally gutted had that been me. GUTTED. I knew even before the episode sarted that one team was going to be eliminated on the starting line and from the spoilers I knew that the yoga folk were the ONLY ones not spotted later in the race - the whole cast (minus them) were photographed in LAX so it was easy to guess it was them that went out.

I'm glad they did a NEL right on the first leg. I was worried because again via spoilers I knew the poker girls got further than Japan.. and I like the brothers so I was like NOOOOOOOOO!!!! They have done that in The Amazing Race Asia on 2 consecutive seasons the NEL on the first leg and it works well becasue sometimes it takes a few legs for people to get into their stride. Also becasue the gameshow was pure luk it seems fair that it was a NEL. There was no skill in waiting to be chosen and no way to really get ahead. Sure folk did got lost on the way to the Pit Stop, but for example there was no way that the first out of that oulette thing were likely to get THAT lost that they'd be lost and there was and no way that the brothers & brian and erica were ever going to get first.

So far not loving any of the couples apart from maybe Brian & Erica.

Like Zev & Justin - Zev is doing amazing.. he could have freaked out a whole lot so far and he was brill with those ducks.
Like the brothers - they're fun!
and I also like the father and son and the Harlem Globetrotters.

Gil, I also dont like the lawyer guy. And while I can understand the poker girls not wanting to reveal what they do, the fact that they chose to pretend they worked for a homeless kids charity was cheeky. They got found out pretty quick tho!!!

The way they did the graphics during the Japanese Gmaeshow - hilarious - that was a brill start!!

http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #517 on: September 28, 2009, 11:15:34 pm »
Gil, it's great to see you!  Are you living in Montreal now?

I loved the part with the ducks.  But I hated the beginning.  I thought it was just plain mean for the producers to eliminate one couple before they could even get on a plane.  On "Top Chef" one time, they eliminated one chef because she was the slowest in slicing an apple; she never got into the kitchen.  Are we supposed to think they're tough and cool for crushing someone's hopes before they're even out of the gate?  Not!  >:(

Thanks Meryl!  Oui, je suis à Montréal maintenant!  I'm pretty much settled in and so far so good.

I agree about the beginning and the stupid early elimination, that was just depressing and brought nothing to the show.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #518 on: September 29, 2009, 02:18:22 am »
I sure do hope they don't do that crap again next year. >:(

That was extremely cruel and unnecessary. I couldn't believe it when I saw it.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #519 on: September 29, 2009, 02:26:27 am »
Only two people have voted! :o

Kelda, did you vote? (And thanks for changing the names. That will help make it less confusing)

Who didn't vote? Meryl and Gil, who are you rooting for?

I chose Sam and Dan. For the obvious reasons ;) although I really do think they have a good chance at winning.

Kelda, who did you vote for?

I see somebody else voted besides me. Who voted for Zev and Justin?