Author Topic: Deleted Posts  (Read 3186 times)

Offline silkncense

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "It's alright; 's alright."
Deleted Posts
« on: May 14, 2006, 10:33:02 am »
A strange thing happened on a thread Topic: Hats off to Roberta Maxwell (Mrs. Twist)

A poster, TJ, had made a comment which I responded to.  Reading back through various threads, I noticed that particular post of TJ's was entirely gone - with no indication that it had been deleted or existed.  This made my post seem rather strange.

Anyone else every notice this happen?

LJ
"……when I think of him, I just can't keep from crying…because he was a friend of mine…"

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
Re: Deleted Posts
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2006, 09:40:31 pm »
Yep-someone else mentioned that a couple of his posts disappeared. He contacted Phil, I think, or one of the mods.

O0

Heathen

Offline silkncense

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "It's alright; 's alright."
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2006, 09:51:53 pm »
RouxB -

Will try to remember to quote the poster next time.  My response looked like I had totally (rather than partially) lost my mind.

LJ
"……when I think of him, I just can't keep from crying…because he was a friend of mine…"

TJ

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2006, 09:56:34 pm »
A strange thing happened on a thread Topic: Hats off to Roberta Maxwell (Mrs. Twist)

A poster, TJ, had made a comment which I responded to.  Reading back through various threads, I noticed that particular post of TJ's was entirely gone - with no indication that it had been deleted or existed.  This made my post seem rather strange.

Anyone else every notice this happen?

LJ

I removed them because of what I said about a filthy-mouthed member whom Roland told me was only 16 years old and he was attempting to talk like an adult, or at least thought he was.

So, I just deleted every post I had put in that particular subject thread. There was no way that I was going to apologize to a person who thinks he has to use poor white ignorant trailer trash language to prove he is real man.

Ennis Del Mar was poor and uneducated; but, he was not trash. It is one thing to quote dialog from a book or movie and a real person who talks like the fictional Ennis; but, it is something else altogether for an person intelligent enough to get on the internet to think that expressing himself in lewd, vulgar language makes him a man.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2006, 10:06:12 pm by TJ »

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2006, 09:57:46 pm »
For the record, users can delete their own messages as long as they didn't start the thread.
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming