Author Topic: Stupid and Mindless TV Shows  (Read 49648 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Stupid and Mindless TV Shows
« on: November 02, 2007, 07:20:03 pm »
I watch them sometimes. Most of them are stupid, freaky, mindless and dumb, but I I'd be lying if I said I didn't sometimes watch them.

Do you sometimes watch these stupid shows? I'm gonna be so embarrassed if I'm the only one who does it! <blush>

Here's a clip of a show I'm watching right now.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DNr5376NHE[/youtube]

::)  ::)  ::)  ::)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
Re: Stupid and Mindless TV Shows
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 07:40:45 pm »
Well I'd like to be able to vote HELL no  ;D but I must be honest sometimes I get caught when channel surfing and it's like watching a train wreck I cannot look away even though I'm disgusted with them for putting it on and myself for getting caught.  ::) I can however honestly say there are none that I watch regularly! ;D
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 08:06:10 pm »
No.  Good old TiVo, no more channel surfing.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 08:14:37 pm »

A lot of tv is mindless and stupid,, but by these are we talking reality shows like survivor, and
americas top model...?   Or jerry springer et all   ?

Beautiful mind

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2007, 08:53:11 pm »
While exercising, I watch The View. Does that count as stupid? Your call. But I'm going to start exercising earlier because I discovered that The Daily Show and The Colbert Report, which definitely aren't stupid, are aired in the hour before The View.

Otherwise, I only watch a couple of hours of TV a week. And there's more than enough interesting stuff on TV to fill that time that I don't have to resort to stupid shows. I very rarely watch anything I don't specifically set out to watch. I'm not a TV snob. I actually think there are lots of really great shows on TV!

I can be susceptible to stupidity, though. I've only had cable TV for a couple of years, and early on I discovered that I can easily get caught up in shows about celebrities' most idiotic moments or shows in which they try to put together a fashionable outfit in an hour for less than $100. Potentially I could spend all my free time doing this. So I rarely watch cable TV at all.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2007, 09:41:21 pm »
David -- I must give you props for having the balls to admit to watching "I Love New York".

The reason I know it takes courage is that -- sometimes I watch it too. I try, try, try not to pause long enough to get a glimpse while I'm switching channels, but it's like Dot said---you can't stop looking.

And it's amazing to me how so much of her breasts can be OUT of her clothes, and she still has so much still IN her clothes. I'm sure she paid a lot of money for those ones!

Plus--her mother is something else! She has an opinion, and she lets everyone know about it! She never tries to be politically correct anyway.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2007, 09:47:10 pm »
David -- I must give you props for having the balls to admit to watching "I Love New York".

The reason I know it takes courage is that -- sometimes I watch it too. I try, try, try not to pause long enough to get a glimpse while I'm switching channels, but it's like Dot said---you can't stop looking.

And it's amazing to me how so much of her breasts can be OUT of her clothes, and she still has so much still IN her clothes. I'm sure she paid a lot of money for those ones!

Plus--her mother is something else! She has an opinion, and she lets everyone know about it! She never tries to be politically correct anyway.

Sister Patterson: "You a freak. You freaky. You're a freak and you're nasty. You're bottom of the barrel nasty. You a FREAK and I bet you've hurt an animal too!"

Remeber when she said that, Shasta? I think she said it to The Entertainer.

:laugh: :laugh:

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2007, 10:20:05 pm »
There is one stupid and mindless tv show that I watch all the time.  It's called CNN.   ;D

Gary

:laugh: ;D :laugh: :P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2007, 10:23:29 pm »

Sister Patterson: "You a freak. You freaky. You're a freak and you're nasty. You're bottom of the barrel nasty. You a FREAK and I bet you've hurt an animal too!"

Remeber when she said that, Shasta? I think she said it to The Entertainer.

Yeah--that was funny. She picks her favorites, doesn't she? She does not like Midget Mac at all. And she doesn't like the one who told NY that he had a big dick either--haha--that was pretty forward.

You know--when they were on with Flava Flav, Tiffany's dad was along -- I wonder what Sister Patterson did with that poor man?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2007, 01:03:44 am »
Yeah--that was funny. She picks her favorites, doesn't she? She does not like Midget Mac at all. And she doesn't like the one who told NY that he had a big dick either--haha--that was pretty forward.

You know--when they were on with Flava Flav, Tiffany's dad was along -- I wonder what Sister Patterson did with that poor man?

Are you talking about the show called "The Flavor of Love"? I remember that show. I also remember when Pumpkin spit in Tiffany's face. Remember that? I remember Tiffany's dad too I think. I think Tiffany is so cute!  :)

Yeah, Sister Patterson HATES Midget Mac! Midget Mac is one of my favorites. He's funnier than hell. Remember when his group couldn't figure out a jingle for their product, and Midget Mac jumped up on the table and said "Our cologne smells so good you'll want to SMACK YOUR MOMMA!!!"   :laugh:  :laugh:

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2007, 01:12:54 am »
Are you talking about the show called "The Flavor of Love"? I remember that show. I also remember when Pumpkin spit in Tiffany's face. Remember that? I remember Tiffany's dad too I think. I think Tiffany is so cute!  :)

Yeah, Sister Patterson HATES Midget Mac! Midget Mac is one of my favorites. He's funnier than hell. Remember when his group couldn't figure out a jingle for their product, and Midget Mac jumped up on the table and said "Our cologne smells so good you'll want to SMACK YOUR MOMMA!!!"   :laugh:  :laugh:

Yes--Flavor of Love is the show that launched New York. I saw the spitting scene---spitting is sooooo disgusting. Low class.

Tiffany's dad was mild-mannered -- probably why he's not on the show.

Midget Mac IS funny -- I didn't see the "Smack Your Momma" episode, tho. I've seen only a couple from this season.

Shows like this one are so.....cheesy, I guess I'd say, and so NOT "reality" -- but it would be fun to live in the fancy houses and get to hang out at all the cool places. And you probably get paid.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2007, 02:54:20 pm »
it is not "Flavor of Love" it was "Flava of Love"!!

(not that I have ever seen it)

Isn't it funny how all these shows have such high ratings (for example Survivor) but no one watches them??

or won't ADMIT they are watching them... 8) 8) :laugh: :laugh:

That's what it is. Nobody will ADMIT to watching them, as indicated by some of the anonymous votes in this thread.  :laugh:

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2007, 09:57:54 am »

I admit that I also watch 'I Love New York 2".

If I have a day off work during the week, I HAVE to watch Maury Povich.   "You are NOT the father."

lmao :laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Wishes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2007, 03:58:01 pm »
I'll admit it!

I started watching Flavor of Love. I was crazy over Charm School and I'm watching I Love New York2. I like this one better than the first. I think the whole spirits in the house thing was staged this week though.

It is mindless but it's also fun and relaxing to sit back and watch these people train wreck. I'm not sure why but it is.  :D  Lets face it, these shows must be making money and people must be watching them or there would not be so many. I'm sure there will be more and I'll be watching.  ;D

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2007, 04:41:13 pm »
I'll admit it!

I started watching Flavor of Love. I was crazy over Charm School and I'm watching I Love New York2. I like this one better than the first. I think the whole spirits in the house thing was staged this week though.

It is mindless but it's also fun and relaxing to sit back and watch these people train wreck. I'm not sure why but it is.  :D  Lets face it, these shows must be making money and people must be watching them or there would not be so many. I'm sure there will be more and I'll be watching.  ;D

You watch I Love New York, Wishes?? YAAAAYY!!!! Welcome to the club, girl friend! I thought for sure I was the only one who watched it. So far 4 of us have admitted to it. Anyone else? ;)

I watch a lot of those shows on VH1 and MTV. They are as stupid as hell, but also quite intriguing at the same time. :D

Scott6373

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2007, 04:51:06 pm »
I simply can't abide stupidity in people...either in person or on television, and if there is one thing I hate more than stupidity, is a total lack of self respect, just to get your face, and in some recently popular new shows, genitalia plastered across the TV sets of America.

I have not come across one edifying show since the original Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom (Marlin Perkins, yeah I am dating myself) went off the air.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2007, 04:58:11 pm »
I simply can't abide stupidity in people...either in person or on television, and if there is one thing I hate more than stupidity, is a total lack of self respect, just to get your face, and in some recently popular new shows, genitalia plastered across the TV sets of America.

I have not come across one edifying show since the original Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom (Marlin Perkins, yeah I am dating myself) went off the air.

Heh. Dating me, too. I have fond childhood memories of that show. I think I had a crush on Jim Fowler and just didn't realize it.

What new shows are plastering somebody's junk across the TV sets of America?
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2007, 05:01:05 pm »

I used to like the Bill Maher show.  But dont see it anymore, because i dont have HBO.  The first gestapo tactical success by the Bush administration....i like the Colbert Report, and the Daily Show.  Funny and sarcastic.  Right up my alley...

Beautiful mind

Scott6373

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2007, 05:01:59 pm »
Heh. Dating me, too. I have fond childhood memories of that show. I think I had a crush on Jim Fowler and just didn't realize it.

What new shows are plastering somebody's junk across the TV sets of America?

Clicking through the endless channels last night, I saw some lunacy on MTV...a reality show...about photographers, and there wasn't much left to the imagination as far as the models they were "shooting".  I'm no prude...but...bachelors, bachelorettes, survivors, idols, dancers, racers...they aren't selling success, they are selling to our desire to see people fail...like watching the proverbial car wreck

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2007, 05:05:25 pm »
Clicking through the endless channels last night, I saw some lunacy on MTV...a reality show...about photographers, and there wasn't much left to the imagination as far as the models they were "shotting".  I'm no prude...but...bachelors, bachelorettes, survivors, idols, dancers, racers...they aren't selling success, they are selling to our desire to see people fail...like watching the proverbial car wreck

Thanks, Scott. Sounds like I didn't miss anything.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Wishes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2007, 09:11:52 pm »

well Wishes, come sit by me and David and we will watch the trash together!!

;) ;) ;)

like you said, Wishes, somebody is watching this stuff!

I enjoy educational TV (love Historys Mysteries, Big Cat Diaries) but I also like to park myself and laugh a bit.

LOL! I'll be watching. What is Big Cat Diaries? Is that on Animal Planet?

I used to like The Real World but the Seattle season was the end for me.

I also like Little People, Big World. Does anyone else watch that one? It's on A&E. I'll also admit to watching The Girls Next Door. They crack me up. And I watch Doctor 90210 just to look at Dr Ray. Or Rey. whatever  :)

I also watch a lot of HGTV. I wish I got DIY Network but I don't. I watch A&E, History and Travel channels depending whats on.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2007, 11:01:11 pm »
LOL! I'll be watching. What is Big Cat Diaries? Is that on Animal Planet?

I used to like The Real World but the Seattle season was the end for me.

I also like Little People, Big World. Does anyone else watch that one? It's on A&E. I'll also admit to watching The Girls Next Door. They crack me up. And I watch Doctor 90210 just to look at Dr Ray. Or Rey. whatever  :)

I also watch a lot of HGTV. I wish I got DIY Network but I don't. I watch A&E, History and Travel channels depending whats on.

Hi Wishes! :D

Yes, I watch Little People, Big World. I love that show. It's very inspiring! :)

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2007, 11:35:32 pm »

"I Love New York" hasn't reached Australia. But if it ever does, I'll watch it. I like serious television, but I also love the mindless, vacuous, hilarious, entertaining programs, too! It's good to laugh!  :laugh:

A couple of years ago, there was a program about a dead gangster's very rich wife, who lived in a mansion with her three moronic sons. I can't remember the name of the show, but I was really hooked on it at the time! I loved that show!  :D
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

injest

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2007, 11:37:45 pm »
"I Love New York" hasn't reached Australia. But if it ever does, I'll watch it. I like serious television, but I also love the mindless, vacuous, hilarious, entertaining programs, too! It's good to laugh!  :laugh:

A couple of years ago, there was a program about a dead gangster's very rich wife, who lived in a mansion with her three moronic sons. I can't remember the name of the show, but I was really hooked on it at the time! I loved that show!  :D

the Gottis??

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2007, 11:44:27 pm »
the Gottis??

That rings a bell, Jess. I think Gotti may have been their surname. Was her husband the "Teflon Don"?  8)
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

injest

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2007, 11:58:05 pm »
That rings a bell, Jess. I think Gotti may have been their surname. Was her husband the "Teflon Don"?  8)

her daddy! I believe...

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2007, 05:31:07 pm »

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2007, 10:10:34 pm »

That's it, Chuck - "Growing Up Gotti"!  :D

I was totally hooked on that show! I loved it!  :D
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2007, 03:15:59 pm »

I watched it once.....when I got to the point that I wanted to smack the shit out of those three sons.  What morons.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2007, 04:07:46 pm »

I really liked Victoria. She was a character. Yeah. The boys were pretty spoiled. I liked the way they wrote whatever the boys said, so we could read it, since we couldn't understand their English.  :laugh:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2007, 08:56:32 am »

I watched it once.....when I got to the point that I wanted to smack the shit out of those three sons.  What morons.

True, the sons were somewhat vacuous!  ::)

I loved the mother. I could listen to her voice all day. So exotic!  8)

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2007, 09:06:59 am »
David---are you home yet? Tonite New York picks between Buddha and Tailor Made. Sister Patterson is rooting for Tailor Made, so I don't know who Tiffany will pick. I like both of them. Whoever it is will get the boot or take a hike to make way for I Love NY III.  ;D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Wishes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2007, 06:12:56 pm »
I'm glad this thread got reserected. I had forgot about it.

So New York picked Tailor Made! I thought she would pick the attractive but scarier than sh** Buddah. I'm sure this relationship will go nowhere like all of them but watching these rides is so much fun.

They are doing another Rock Of Love. That one was not as fun but, ahem, I'll be watching.  ;D

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2007, 07:53:39 pm »
"I Love NY" is such trash, it's incredible. She is sooo getto; I can't get enough!
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2007, 11:58:54 pm »
"I Love NY" is such trash, it's incredible. She is sooo getto; I can't get enough!

:laugh: ;D  

One of the knobs came off my car heater control, so I got some pliers to change the heater settings. The kids say that my car is ghetto now. haha

Sister Patterson must be happy that NY chose Tailor Made! I wonder what will happen with those two lovebirds to make way for ILNY3?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2007, 03:45:37 am »

I dont know if you know Kerry, but that show is now on the Bio channell on pay tv here in australia.........daily in the afternoon.....
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2007, 08:09:29 pm »

I can't believe that there are men who are stupid enough that want to be with her.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2007, 08:13:18 pm »

I can't believe that there are men who are stupid enough that want to be with her.

I know. Her gigantic, expensive breasts could smother him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2007, 08:32:15 pm »
I want to smack some sense into those guys.

Offline Wishes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2007, 12:30:11 am »
New Yorks boobs are fake? No way!  ;D Kidding of coarse. But really I can't wait for the reunion show to find out those two went south already. And a I Love New York 3. I'd watch.  :)

injest

« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2007, 12:59:06 am »
New Yorks boobs are fake? No way!  ;D Kidding of coarse. But really I can't wait for the reunion show to find out those two went south already. And a I Love New York 3. I'd watch.  :)

I can NOT believe I missed the finale...how did Buddha take it?

Offline Wishes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2007, 04:45:04 pm »
Don't worry, they will repeat it and repeat it and.........  :) So you you'll get to see it I'm sure. Actually and surprisingly he was pretty calm.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2007, 07:36:41 pm »
Anyone heard of/watched the Trailer Park Boys?  It is a Canadian show ...
It is beyond trashy/ridiculous TV actually but there is a huge audience for it..

Another show I saw a few times a while ago was an Aussie show called Kath & Kim - they initially seemed to be an Aussie version of The Trailer park boys..LOL but I actually enjoyed a few episodes of that show.. quite funny.

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2007, 09:18:33 pm »
Does "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" warrant being labeled "stupid and mindless"?

I guess any show that has a scene such as this in it, probably should be so defined . . . .

Picture this . . . .

Queer guy enters straight guys bedroom and picks up underpants from floor, sniffs them and asks said straight guy, "Have you been eating Mexican?!"

Yep, probably is stupid and mindless. Having said that, however, I absolutely adored the show and would never miss an episode! They tried making an Australian spin-off, but it bombed badly. 
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2007, 02:26:45 am »
:laugh: ;D  

Sister Patterson must be happy that NY chose Tailor Made! I wonder what will happen with those two lovebirds to make way for ILNY3?

Well, I'm certain Tailor Made will not be the one to leave New York! It ain't happenin'!

But remember Tailor Made's "soon to be" ex wife once told Tiffany that he is a workaholic. So maybe she will become fed up with all his work and no play. That is a possibility.

Or MAYBE..... I dunno. :-\

We all know something will happen, because I'm sure they will want to do a Season 3 next year. I guess we will find out on January 4th. Ya'll are gonna watch the reunion, aren't ya?

I thought for sure she would pick Budda. Because this would have been a very easy path to Season 3. Budda was gorgeous, but he was also a player. Even my boyfriend Alex thought so.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2007, 02:28:40 am »
Well, I'm certain Tailor Made will not be the one to leave New York! It ain't happenin'!

But remember Tailor Made's "soon to be" ex wife once told Tiffany that he is a workaholic. So maybe she will become fed up with all his work and no play. That is a possibility.

We all know something will happen, because I'm sure they will want to do a Season 3 next year. I guess we will find out on January 4th. Ya'll are gonna watch the reunion, aren't ya?

Sure, I'm gonna watch it! Tailor Made is smitten with NY, isn't he? Maybe his divorce won't go through fast enough for Tiff!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

injest

« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2007, 02:29:10 am »

I think we have to....

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2007, 02:36:28 am »
Sure, I'm gonna watch it! Tailor Made is smitten with NY, isn't he? Maybe his divorce won't go through fast enough for Tiff!!

Yes, Tailor Made is very smitten with Tiffany. I always thought he was rather cute too. Not sexy. Just cute. I love his face. He has beautiful brown eyes and a cute smile. I understand why Tiffany chose him. But PUNK was my favorite! OH LORD!!! He was absolutely beautiful!!!! Whoo!!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2007, 04:14:43 pm »
Does "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" warrant being labeled "stupid and mindless"?

Oh yeah, I would say that label fits QEFTSG.   :laugh:

I only saw a few episodes, but one that sticks out was when Carson went into the straight guys bedroom, and pulls a tapestry off the wall.  If I remember correctly, it was bright pink, with gold border, and Asian writing on the border.  He threw it around his shoulders, crouched down on the carpet, and said out loud.....

"check it out guys, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Drag Queen".

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2007, 07:16:02 pm »

Oh yeah, I would say that label fits QEFTSG.   :laugh:

I only saw a few episodes, but one that sticks out was when Carson went into the straight guys bedroom, and pulls a tapestry off the wall.  If I remember correctly, it was bright pink, with gold border, and Asian writing on the border.  He threw it around his shoulders, crouched down on the carpet, and said out loud.....

"check it out guys, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Drag Queen".

Carson was priceless. He acquired a cult following here in Oz and still visits regularly, in a formal capacity, as the guest of a large department store, to judge the haute couture at the Melbourne Cup (Oz version of Ascot / Kentucky Derby). QEFTSG is no longer shown in Oz. Is it still being made? It was enormously popular here. Always got huge ratings.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2007, 07:44:19 pm »
I'm not sure if it's still being made or not.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2007, 08:12:06 pm »
Didn't they finish their final season this year? Or last year? My friend Rick is very similar to Carson. They don't look alike, but their sense of humor is very similar.

I didn't watch QEFTSG very often, but I always thought Kyan was very cute.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2008, 10:00:40 pm »
The "I Love New York" reunion is starting on VH-1! Is anyone going to watch it? I'm turning it on right now! :)

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2008, 10:09:51 pm »
The "I Love New York" reunion is starting on VH-1! Is anyone going to watch it? I'm turning it on right now! :)

Thanks!!! I have it on now!! They are talking about chicken wings and cold-a** french fries.  LOL

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
    • BetterMost
« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2008, 10:10:18 pm »
We have a 50" plasma set we bought the Christmas before this past one.  It's amazing how little time we spend watching it.  Besides the CSI's and Law & Order and current events programming, John and I watch very little television because we're always on here or doing something with the computer.

I never watch reality shows of any kind because it sucks my IQ away, and I suspect every last one of the people on them already has an agent and is trying to land their 15 minutes of fame.  The dumbest shows I watch are those mindless crime forensics and cop reality things.  John has a special place in hell for Dayle Hinman from TruTV (formerly Court TV)'s Body of Evidence.  I love to taunt him with her criminal profile show.  There she is with her blond hair inappropriately dressed in high heels wandering through crime scenes in the Everglades.  I love her.  Also great are: "Snapped" on Oxygen... women losing their minds and going insane and killing people, "Speeders" on TruTV with their lame excuses, "Intervention" on A&E so you will want to refill your Xanax prescription after an hour of that depressing television, "Cops" on Fox where people prove they are generally stupid, and any of the forensics shows on TruTV (they are really interchangeable) right down to the bad re-enactments.  I'm through with Dog the Bounty Hunter just because there is so much hair and boob work there, and anything with alleged psychics or paranormal researchers make me want to throw the television out the window.  These people are ridiculous.  They never solve anything - it's an hour in the Psychic Spec-U-Plex.  No thanks.  I'll take Mr. Hinman in the high heels anyday!
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #55 on: January 06, 2008, 10:11:23 pm »
Ya think Tailor Made and NY are gonna break up tonite??  8)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2008, 10:13:25 pm »
I'm through with Dog the Bounty Hunter just because there is so much hair and boob work there...

He got in trouble from a phone conversation not long ago -- I don't know if he'll be back for another season or not!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #57 on: January 06, 2008, 10:25:03 pm »
Ya think Tailor Made and NY are gonna break up tonite??  8)

Probably. They will find some sort of way to have a Season 3 next year. Remember the psychologist told New York that Tailor Made enjoys chasing women but he probably looses interest in them once he catches them? Remember that? Something will probably happen tonight. Did you see the previews for Flavor of Love part 3? It will be starting in February. If he has a Season 3, I'm sure New York will too. I guess we'll find out for sure pretty soon.

Did you see Sister Patterson kissing on Champion? SHEESH!!!! New York didn't like it very much either.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2008, 11:00:14 pm »
Did you see Sister Patterson kissing on Champion? SHEESH!!!! New York didn't like it very much either

Haha -- yeah. Isn't Sis P. married?? I liked the Entertainer's home life and his parents and the Pattersons getting into it.  LOL

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2008, 11:26:23 pm »

Haha -- yeah. Isn't Sis P. married?? I liked the Entertainer's home life and his parents and the Pattersons getting into it.  LOL

Yeah, that was pretty funny!

It looks like Tailor Made and Tiffany are happy together. Maybe it will work out after all. I sure do hope so. She's a beautiful woman and the two of them make a very cute couple.

I'm not sure if Sister Patterson is married or not Shasta.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2008, 11:32:17 pm »
I'm stunned!!! LOL. Good. I hope they ARE really in love. They are cute together. Haha -- they moved in immediately instead of staying apart for the season. Must notta been in the contract.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 07, 2008, 07:54:13 am »

Shucks, I feel really left out!  :-\

This show sounds like a lot of fun. I sure do wish it'd find it's way to Oz one day!  :D
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #62 on: January 07, 2008, 08:14:09 am »
Shucks, I feel really left out!  :-\

This show sounds like a lot of fun. I sure do wish it'd find it's way to Oz one day!  :D

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  It's fun, but the thread title describes it very well!! I wonder if it's on DVD.   8)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 07, 2008, 09:08:48 am »
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  It's fun, but the thread title describes it very well!! I wonder if it's on DVD.   8)

Haha! Stupid and mindless? I'm OK with stupid and mindless. I have to be, where I work!!!  ::)   ;)   :laugh:
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #64 on: January 07, 2008, 04:36:50 pm »
Shasta, take a look at this....

http://www.mediatakeout.com/

Waddaya think?  ???

Kerry, I hope you can see ILNY too. Maybe they will air it in Australia someday soon.  :D

Here's a link to the show on Imdb...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0885435/

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 07, 2008, 06:23:50 pm »
Shasta, take a look at this....

http://www.mediatakeout.com/

Waddaya think?  ???

Kerry, I hope you can see ILNY too. Maybe they will air it in Australia someday soon.  :D

Here's a link to the show on Imdb...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0885435/

It looks like so much fun. Thanks for the link, David!  :D
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #66 on: January 07, 2008, 08:21:39 pm »
Haha! Stupid and mindless? I'm OK with stupid and mindless. I have to be, where I work!!!  ::)   ;)   :laugh:

David -- First of all, that's quite a bad picture of Tiffany. Secondly, I'm mad!!! I thought she was going to settle down -- she needs to. Doesn't she have enough $$ to have a nice life? TM seemed pretty well off himself. Maybe she really wants to get Flava Flav back since he's still free!!  ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #67 on: January 07, 2008, 09:51:39 pm »

David -- First of all, that's quite a bad picture of Tiffany. Secondly, I'm mad!!! I thought she was going to settle down -- she needs to. Doesn't she have enough $$ to have a nice life? TM seemed pretty well off himself. Maybe she really wants to get Flava Flav back since he's still free!!  ;)

It IS a terrible picture of Tiffany. I'm also wondering how accurate this information really is. They referred to Tiffany as "Tiffany Patterson" and I always thought her last name was Pollard. If they can't get her last name correct, what about the rest of the information? Unless I'm mistaken about her last name. I think I'm right though. :-\

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #68 on: January 07, 2008, 10:36:04 pm »
You're right. I looked it up. Her name is Tiffany Pollard and his is George Weisberger. We can only hope that article is wrong!

I thought the Entertainer looked cute on the reunion show. He does need to get a job and move out -- his mom won't let him "date" in her house!! lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #69 on: January 08, 2008, 10:14:33 pm »
I'm not sure if Sister Patterson is married or not Shasta.

I know when NY was a contestant on "Flava Of Love", both parents came to be on the show.  Don't know if they're married or not, however.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #70 on: January 18, 2008, 11:15:09 pm »
Here is a video clip of the dinner fight between The Entertainer's mom and Sister Patterson from the VH1 TV show -  I Love New York 2...

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbjgxmFtI6U[/youtube]

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #71 on: January 18, 2008, 11:49:09 pm »
Anyone who watches these shows will remember the fight between New York and Pumpkin on Flavor of Love. This is the scene where Pumpkin spits on New York.

(Contains offensive language)

This clip is about 3-4 minutes, I think.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5Jble88MuU[/youtube]

Offline Wishes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2008, 03:42:21 pm »
Here is a video clip of the dinner fight between The Entertainer's mom and Sister Patterson from the VH1 TV show -  I Love New York 2...

That was off the hook! Poor Punk's mom didn't know what to do. His mother and sister were so quiet.

I'll confess I'm watching Rock Of Love 2 now.

Offline Wishes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #73 on: January 28, 2008, 10:19:23 pm »
In case anyone is interested, I just saw on VH1: Flavor Of Love 3!!

I didn't catch when it premiers. And of coarse, I'll be watching.  ;D

Update: Premiers Monday, February 11

injest

« Reply #74 on: January 28, 2008, 10:26:40 pm »
In case anyone is interested, I just saw on VH1: Flavor Of Love 3!!

I didn't catch when it premiers. And of coarse, I'll be watching.  ;D

Update: Premiers Monday, February 11

not me....uh uh...

cant' STAND that tripe....

;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

ok I really will....it is like a driving by the scene of an accident..I dont' WANT to look but just can't help myself!!

thanks for the heads up Wishes!

Offline Wishes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #75 on: January 28, 2008, 10:54:04 pm »
LOL Jess, I really did not think they would do a third one but I am so glad they are. I can't help myself.

injest

« Reply #76 on: January 28, 2008, 11:00:34 pm »
LOL Jess, I really did not think they would do a third one but I am so glad they are. I can't help myself.

well considering all the crap that is going on with the war and the economy and my real world...I NEED something goofy and silly to laugh at for a little while!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #77 on: January 28, 2008, 11:02:34 pm »
Hi Wishes!!

Yes, I'm planning on watching it. I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I'd be lying to you if I said otherwise. :-\

Speaking of Stupid and Mindless TV shows, is anyone listening to President Bush and his State of the Union speech?

What utter garbage.  :P

injest

« Reply #78 on: January 28, 2008, 11:07:11 pm »
Hi Wishes!!

Yes, I'm planning on watching it. I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I'd be lying to you if I said otherwise. :-\

Speaking of Stupid and Mindless TV shows, is anyone listening to President Bush and his State of the Union speech?

What utter garbage.  :P

*gasp*

how can you say that!!? He teared up RIGHT on cue! (military talk? cue the tears)

Offline Wishes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #79 on: January 29, 2008, 01:52:28 am »
HI David  :) LOL  If you can watch the creep than you are a lot tougher than I am! I can't stomach him.

OMG he teared up?! Like he gives a sh**

I'm with you Jess, with all the terrible things going on, I'd rather bury my head in the sand and watch "stupid and mindless TV shows" to quote the post. I'm (overly) sensitive and whenever something comes on about the war etc I have to change the channel because I get too upset. CNN International has really good reporting but what they show gets to me and I usually can't watch.

I know we should be informed but I feel so helpless, I don't know what I can do to change anything so I'm over at VH1 watching "I Love The 80s Part Deux" or something else equally stupid.

injest

« Reply #80 on: January 29, 2008, 08:43:09 am »
HI David  :) LOL  If you can watch the creep than you are a lot tougher than I am! I can't stomach him.

OMG he teared up?! Like he gives a sh**

I'm with you Jess, with all the terrible things going on, I'd rather bury my head in the sand and watch "stupid and mindless TV shows" to quote the post. I'm (overly) sensitive and whenever something comes on about the war etc I have to change the channel because I get too upset. CNN International has really good reporting but what they show gets to me and I usually can't watch.

I know we should be informed but I feel so helpless, I don't know what I can do to change anything so I'm over at VH1 watching "I Love The 80s Part Deux" or something else equally stupid.

well, being informed and just wallowing in it is two different things. My sister keeps her TV on Fox 24/7....seriously. She is in the hospital now with a paranoid episode...they told her that she can NOT watch 24 hour news anymore....just the half hour news show on the old timey channels.

It is not good for your mental health to be so serious all the time.

Offline Wishes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #81 on: January 29, 2008, 03:08:15 pm »
OMG Jess, I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope she will be better soon. She sounds like a sensitive soul who takes much to heart. And there is so much in this world to upset sensitive people.

I'm always amazed at the people who don't give a damn about anything. Never watch the news, do not vote. Most of the people I work with don't vote. Sometimes I think it would be better to be like that but then I realize it's not.

So yes, to take my mind off all the bad stuff, I'll watch a bunch of crazed women fighting over some guy.

injest

« Reply #82 on: January 29, 2008, 07:41:07 pm »
you have to have balance...and know yourself well enough to know when too much is too much.

I hope she is ok too.... :-\

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #83 on: January 29, 2008, 10:26:22 pm »
Many presidents have sent young soldiers to their deaths. The U.S. Constitution gives the president the power to declare war as long as it's approved by Congress.

How can we presume to know whether someone's tears are insincere? He certainly doesn't have to do it for another election.

I've read about General Eisenhower's sleepless nights and tearful decisions when he sent the youngest onto the shores at Normandy. I could certainly never make the calls that our leaders sometimes have to make.

My friend's family (the friend who was killled in Iraq) are still supportive. If they can be, so can I. Things are better since the surge too. Lots of mistakes have been made. I'm sure mistakes are made in any war ever waged.

When has there ever been world peace? I doubt there ever will be.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Wishes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #84 on: January 29, 2008, 11:01:50 pm »
Shasta, I'm sorry if my comment offended you. You are right in that Bush is not fully responsible for sending troops to Iraq. I still do not believe we should have gone over there.

I was raised by a war surviving very antiwar mother. For some reason she didn't freak when my brother joined the navy. She was actually very supportive. He was terrified to tell her. That was a long time ago and he since finished 20 years.

Sorry, to the thread to go so far OT.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #85 on: January 29, 2008, 11:08:50 pm »
Shasta, I'm sorry if my comment offended you. You are right in that Bush is not fully responsible for sending troops to Iraq. I still do not believe we should have gone over there.

I was raised by a war surviving very antiwar mother. For some reason she didn't freak when my brother joined the navy. She was actually very supportive. He was terrified to tell her. That was a long time ago and he since finished 20 years.

Sorry, to the thread to go so far OT.

No offense, Wishes. I think you are entitled to your freedom of speech, just as I am.

I always try to speak up for the president because I think he (whoever the president is) has the hardest job. I want to be supportive. I'll be supportive of the next one too. Yeah. I know this one made mistakes. The next one will too. I think it's part of the job description.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Wishes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #86 on: January 30, 2008, 01:12:25 am »
Thanks Shasta. Why anyone would want the job, I'll never understand. I have often noticed that the president ages quickly once in the job.

This might still be OT but has anyone watched Paranormal State on A&E? I watched part of one and it scared the crap out of me. I didn't want to turn the light off that night. I saw a preview this evening for another episode. I definitially will not be watching. I'm not watching it again. Very scary.

injest

« Reply #87 on: January 30, 2008, 01:16:26 am »
Thanks Shasta. Why anyone would want the job, I'll never understand. I have often noticed that the president ages quickly once in the job.

This might still be OT but has anyone watched Paranormal State on A&E? I watched part of one and it scared the crap out of me. I didn't want to turn the light off that night. I saw a preview this evening for another episode. I definitially will not be watching. I'm not watching it again. Very scary.

uh uh!! Scary stuff scares me!!

I got scared at PeeWee's Big Adventure...I dont' do scary at all...

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #88 on: January 30, 2008, 01:33:27 am »

Hi Wishes!!!

YES!!! YES!!! YES!!!

I LOVE Paranormal State on A&E!!! But I forgot to watch it this week! And I think the lead investigator is very cute!! lol

I love all those shows... Paranormal State, Ghost Hunters on Sci Fi, Ghost Hunters International, and Most Haunted on the Travel Channel! :)

injest

« Reply #89 on: January 30, 2008, 01:44:26 am »
Hi Wishes!!!

YES!!! YES!!! YES!!!

I LOVE Paranormal State on A&E!!! But I forgot to watch it this week! And I think the lead investigator is very cute!! lol

I love all those shows... Paranormal State, Ghost Hunters on Sci Fi, Ghost Hunters International, and Most Haunted on the Travel Channel! :)

for a minute there I thought you were doing the diner scene from "When Harry Met Sally"

;D ;D

Offline Wishes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #90 on: January 30, 2008, 10:42:23 pm »
LOL Jess.

Again David you are braver than me! I can handle some haunted stuff but that Paranormal State is really really scary. I saw part of the episode about the dogs. OMG!!!!!!! I could not watch it to the end.

I like the haunted British Castle type stuff. This is too much.

Flavor of Love 3!!!! Yippee!!!!

injest

« Reply #91 on: January 30, 2008, 10:46:49 pm »
LOL Jess.

Again David you are braver than me! I can handle some haunted stuff but that Paranormal State is really really scary. I saw part of the episode about the dogs. OMG!!!!!!! I could not watch it to the end.

I like the haunted British Castle type stuff. This is too much.

Flavor of Love 3!!!! Yippee!!!!

what dogs??

no don't tell me!!

at least not at night....

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #92 on: February 02, 2008, 03:45:04 pm »
For those of us who can't get enough of this stupid TV crap, VH1 is rerunning "The Flavor of Love". It's on right now. They are currently showing the episode where the girls go to church with Flav's Mom. According to my TV thingie, it will be on until 8:00 Et tonight.

As embarrassed as I am to admit it, I have it turned on and I'm watching it. :D

injest

« Reply #93 on: February 02, 2008, 04:20:20 pm »
For those of us who can't get enough of this stupid TV crap, VH1 is rerunning "The Flavor of Love". It's on right now. They are currently showing the episode where the girls go to church with Flav's Mom. According to my TV thingie, it will be on until 8:00 Et tonight.

As embarrassed as I am to admit it, I have it turned on and I'm watching it. :D

according to your THINGIE!!!

*gasp!*

(that is the second gasp in the last five minutes!!)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #94 on: February 02, 2008, 04:50:56 pm »
according to your THINGIE!!!

*gasp!*

(that is the second gasp in the last five minutes!!)

*Davd singing*

You nasty! You nasty! My mama say you NASTY!!

:laugh:

I have a thing on my TV and it tells me what is on all the different channels, along with a discription. And it says this show will be on until 8:00 tonight. Sometimes it's wrong though. But most of the time it's right. :)

injest

« Reply #95 on: February 02, 2008, 04:54:15 pm »
*Davd singing*

You nasty! You nasty! My mama say you NASTY!!

:laugh:

I have a thing on my TV and it tells me what is on all the different channels, along with a discription. And it says this show will be on until 8:00 tonight. Sometimes it's wrong though. But most of the time it's right. :)

I am not nasty!! you were the one talking about thingies!

injest

« Reply #96 on: February 02, 2008, 09:38:26 pm »

hey we feel ya!

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #97 on: February 02, 2008, 11:43:19 pm »
Here a goofy television blast from the past. Every bit as mindless as today's dismal offerings (but somehow more charming):

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaz7YwlpF8Q[/youtube]
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 01:04:19 am by Toycoon »
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline Wishes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #98 on: February 05, 2008, 12:04:12 am »
Jess, this episode was so scary. I could not watch it to the end. The house had many owners over the years. No one wanted to stay there. And everyone who lived their, their dogs got killed on the road. A very rural road only traveled by those who lived on it, so very little traffic. There was more but it scares me even to write about it. I'll never watch this show again.

Speaking of dogs and on a sweet and cute note: Did anyone catch the Puppy Bowl with the Kitty Halftime on Animal planet Sunday? I saw part of it at work and they repeated it again that night.

When ever a puppy pooped or peed on "the field" the referee called a "personal foul" and cleaned it up. We were laughing our asses off at work!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #99 on: February 11, 2008, 08:44:52 pm »
FLAVOR FLAAAAAAV!!

It starts at 9 PM ET on Vh1 so don't ya'll forget to watch it!!  :D

After two seasons of Flavor of Love (and now a third season), two seasons of I Love New York (and PROBABLY a third season) and two seasons of Rock of Love, it has become apparent to me that trying to find love in a group of strangers DOES NOT WORK, although I certainly wouldn't mind at all if 24 gorgeous hunks started competing for my attention and affection!

Yummy!  :D

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #100 on: February 11, 2008, 09:10:22 pm »
Didn't "Rock of Love" get some kind of kudos from some organization or list or something? Maybe that was just a sarcastic award.   :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

injest

« Reply #101 on: February 11, 2008, 09:23:55 pm »
FLAVOR FLAAAAAAV!!

It starts at 9 PM ET on Vh1 so don't ya'll forget to watch it!!  :D

After two seasons of Flavor of Love (and now a third season), two seasons of I Love New York (and PROBABLY a third season) and two seasons of Rock of Love, it has become apparent to me that trying to find love in a group of strangers DOES NOT WORK, although I certainly wouldn't mind at all if 24 gorgeous hunks started competing for my attention and affection!

Yummy!  :D

FLAVOR FLAV!!!

wait...what you talking about!!? It is OBVIOUS to me that New York and Flava Flav was MEANT to be together! that right there is true love! and I fully expect her to show up this season and PROVE it!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #102 on: February 12, 2008, 03:02:18 pm »
FLAVOR FLAV!!!

wait...what you talking about!!? It is OBVIOUS to me that New York and Flava Flav was MEANT to be together! that right there is true love! and I fully expect her to show up this season and PROVE it!

No Jess, I don't think New York will show up. Remember she's with Tailor Made now. Oh. That's right. They already broke up, didn't they?

I'm expecting to see Brigitte Nielsen come running in yelling "FOOFY! FOOFY!" :laugh:

Wouldn't that be a trip? :)

injest

« Reply #103 on: February 12, 2008, 07:23:50 pm »
No Jess, I don't think New York will show up. Remember she's with Tailor Made now. Oh. That's right. They already broke up, didn't they?

I'm expecting to see Brigitte Nielsen come running in yelling "FOOFY! FOOFY!" :laugh:

Wouldn't that be a trip? :)

oh you KNOW New York is gonna show up!!

and yes, I be specting Bridgette to show up too...they havent' done a reality show in the past five years that didn't have HER in it!!

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #104 on: February 12, 2008, 08:59:56 pm »
Brigitte is on Celebrity Rehab right now.    8) :P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Wishes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #105 on: February 13, 2008, 08:15:13 pm »
David, is it true?! New York and Tailor Made already broke up?! Say it isn't so!!!    ;D They were all over each other on the reunion show.

I'd watch a I Love New York III. I want another Charm School.

No big surprise on who went home first on Fav Of Love III. Did anyone else think Shy is the new New York. She should stick around for just the drama factor unless she does something really stupid. The twin thing with the way they are being treated as one entity is a little creepy.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #106 on: February 13, 2008, 10:40:27 pm »
David, is it true?! New York and Tailor Made already broke up?! Say it isn't so!!!    ;D They were all over each other on the reunion show.

I'd watch a I Love New York III. I want another Charm School.

No big surprise on who went home first on Fav Of Love III. Did anyone else think Shy is the new New York. She should stick around for just the drama factor unless she does something really stupid. The twin thing with the way they are being treated as one entity is a little creepy.

That's what MediaTakeOut said!

http://www.mediatakeout.com/index.php?mod=search&q=Tiffany+Pollard&r=1

Oh, I'm sure there will be another I Love New York, Wishes. Coming this Fall, probably! :D

I couldn't believe Flav didn't like having his face touched! Did you hear him tell those women "Don't touch my face!" "Don't touch my face!" "I don't like my face touched!"

My boyfriend Alex LOVES to touch my face. That's all he do! Well, that and ONE other thing!!  :-X

Offline Wishes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #107 on: February 14, 2008, 11:18:40 pm »
Thanks for the link to that site David. Some of those comments were cracking me up and people did not seem surprised. If they do another New York of coarse I'll be watching. It will all depend on ratings as that is what drives these shows I guess and Flav must get the ratings.

I hope you are having a wonderful Valentines Day with your Alex.  :)

I kissed my cat today!  :)

See you next week. I'm off to work for the next 3.  :(

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #108 on: February 14, 2008, 11:23:26 pm »
Hi Wishes!! You and I BOTH will be watching the next I Love New York. I'm sure they will have one.

Well, Alex lives in London, England and he's home now. He will be coming back to Indiana at the beginning of March. I talked to him on the phone today and we both cried a bit. We miss each other. This is what I get for having an English boyfriend. Of course, he could say the same about me too! But we love each other very much and it's definately worth it. I'm hoping he will decide to me here, but I really don't know about that right now. Maybe. We'll see I guess.

Give your kitty a hug for me, okay? And DON'T WORK TOO HARD!! You hear me?

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #109 on: February 20, 2008, 12:08:54 pm »
So is anyone else watching "Celebrity Rehab"?

Jeff Conaway is a mess.  I feel so badly for him.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #110 on: February 20, 2008, 08:10:57 pm »
So is anyone else watching "Celebrity Rehab"?

Jeff Conaway is a mess.  I feel so badly for him.

I know -- remember how cool and cute he was on "Taxi"? He's a shell of that guy now. He really needs to stay in rehab -- I hope he gets better. His fellow rehabbers get on his case sometimes. I haven't seen all of the episodes--I didn't hear why he's in a wheelchair. Does anyone know?

Anyone watching "American Idol"? I am. I like Simon's haircut.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #111 on: February 27, 2008, 02:00:07 am »
Anyone watching "American Idol"? I am. I like Simon's haircut.[/b][/color]

Hey Shasta, American Idol is jammin' this season! Many of the guys are really good, especially David.
Of the girls? Only a few rock my world this year, I don't know.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #112 on: February 29, 2008, 07:44:57 pm »
The other day, I saw an infomercial about Oprah's new reality tv show - The Big Give.
I was really hoping the whole reality-tv craze was dying down.
Anyway..

I think the idea of this show is that contestants are given a sum of money and are asked to do whatever they can with it to change the lives of a family that is assigned to them (or something alone those lines) in a fixed period of time.  The biggest giver wins a million bucks (that's supposedly a secret..).

All I could think of was, if you really want to make a Big Give, don't do it on a national reality-tv-based show where thousands and thousands of $$$ are spent on production costs, etc.  Just take all that money and give it away if that's what you're after.  Seems so simple to me.  :)

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #113 on: February 29, 2008, 09:35:52 pm »
Hey Shasta, American Idol is jammin' this season! Many of the guys are really good, especially David.
Of the girls? Only a few rock my world this year, I don't know.

Yeah, Toycoon. I wouldn't be surprised if David won this year! He's great.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #114 on: February 29, 2008, 10:44:07 pm »
The other day, I saw an infomercial about Oprah's new reality tv show - The Big Give.
I was really hoping the whole reality-tv craze was dying down.
Anyway..

I think the idea of this show is that contestants are given a sum of money and are asked to do whatever they can with it to change the lives of a family that is assigned to them (or something alone those lines) in a fixed period of time.  The biggest giver wins a million bucks (that's supposedly a secret..).

All I could think of was, if you really want to make a Big Give, don't do it on a national reality-tv-based show where thousands and thousands of $$$ are spent on production costs, etc.  Just take all that money and give it away if that's what you're after.  Seems so simple to me.  :)

yeah, i agree.  last night i watched celebrity apprentice, and again, there's big give aways to the celebrities favorite charities...a big cheque with 'the donald's' face on it.  absolutely mindless t.v.....but a good way to spend a thursday night.  i think i will watch oprah's show though.  i'm wondering if she's going to be one of the judges?  is she going to be like trump and have some cheesy line like "you're fired!"? 
should be interesting .......or not.... ;D

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #115 on: March 01, 2008, 12:50:05 pm »
Yeah, Toycoon. I wouldn't be surprised if David won this year! He's great.

I like the other kid, Danny. He's total brat (and sassier than hell) but he's a great singer. All of the contestants are so young this year. I like Luke, too. He's not the greatest singer but heck, I'd do him!

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #116 on: March 12, 2008, 01:22:39 am »
OHMIGOD! This is so damn funny!

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOcDZaCeMAA[/youtube]

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #117 on: March 12, 2008, 01:25:39 am »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #118 on: March 12, 2008, 08:49:53 pm »
I am watching "The Moment of Truth".

OMG. It's so horrible.

People answer questions truthfully -- to win money. But it's always about like -- cheating on your spouse or do you love your mom or is your wife the most attractive woman you've ever dated.

Who's gonna do that? People are always crying.
  :P :-\

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #119 on: March 12, 2008, 09:01:45 pm »
I must be the most mindles of the lot.Since comming over from U.K when I worked full time in a job where I had to use my brain.
I now watch all sorts of mindless crap.
The bachelor
celeb rehab
Americas next top model
top chef
project runway
house wives of orange county
american idol
hells kitchen
can you see a pattern developing here !!!!!
O.K I am out the closet now.I feel cleansed.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #120 on: March 12, 2008, 09:37:40 pm »
I must be the most mindles of the lot.Since comming over from U.K when I worked full time in a job where I had to use my brain.
I now watch all sorts of mindless crap.
The bachelor
celeb rehab
Americas next top model
top chef
project runway
house wives of orange county
american idol
hells kitchen
can you see a pattern developing here !!!!!
O.K I am out the closet now.I feel cleansed.

What!!!?? No "Rock of Love" or "Flavor of Love"!!!

LOL.

Yep! That's a good mindless list ya got there, Optom3!
 :P ;D :laugh: :laugh:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #121 on: March 12, 2008, 09:47:23 pm »
I am watching "The Moment of Truth".

OMG. It's so horrible.

People answer questions truthfully -- to win money. But it's always about like -- cheating on your spouse or do you love your mom or is your wife the most attractive woman you've ever dated.

Who's gonna do that? People are always crying.
  :P :-\

OMG I was watching that while posting,guess that should be aded to my list!!!!
Could never appear on that,not for any sum of money,way too many skeletons in my closet!!!!

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #122 on: March 31, 2008, 07:41:10 pm »
I like Daisy on Rock of Love. She makes funny expressions with her face. She's cute and I think Brett likes her. She's "tired of the drama".  LOL.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #123 on: April 14, 2008, 12:22:13 am »
Bret picked Ambre on "Rock of Love"! I was glad. I liked Daisy, but she is a rocker chick and she's just 25, so I thought it's time Bret gave a regular girl from his own peer group a chance to see if that will work out. (It probably won't since RoL is the top rated show for Celebreality -- they will want to do RoL 3.)

Anyway -- the reunion show will be next Sunday nite -- we'll see if they are still together. Whatever happens -- I think Bret is CUTE!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~