Author Topic: Brokeback fanfic plot ideas on offer  (Read 4377 times)

mvansand76

Brokeback fanfic plot ideas on offer
« on: November 04, 2007, 02:40:08 pm »
Hi all,

I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread where people who don't write or don't have the time to start ANOTHER story (me...LOL) to offer their Brokeback fanfic plot ideas for existing Brokeback fanfic writers or aspiring fanfic writers! Maybe that way we can inspire existing/new writers to start writing a new/their first fanfic in the Brokeback fandom!

What do you all think?

I offer a Robin Hood/Brokeback Mountain crossover.

Anybody?

:-* :-* :-* :-*

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
Re: Brokeback fanfic plot ideas on offer
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 02:51:40 pm »
I honestly don,t mean to be a spoilsport here or dampen anyones enthusiasm, but I honestly think that BMM fan fic has been done to death now. Just about every single concievable AU/ AUAU has been written now. Hey maybe it,s because I,m not an author. I wouldn,t be able to write BBM fan fic if I was tortured lol, but I really don,t think there is anything left to write is there? We,ve had HI and TCJ by Lori, we,ve had ALBFS and TTVOT from Leslie, we,ve had a great AU, LMTYD by Marakesh Sparrow and then there was Louises original fan fic. What else is there to write?  :-\ :-\ :-\

mvansand76

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 03:24:40 pm »
I honestly don,t mean to be a spoilsport here or dampen anyones enthusiasm, but I honestly think that BMM fan fic has been done to death now. Just about every single concievable AU/ AUAU has been written now. Hey maybe it,s because I,m not an author. I wouldn,t be able to write BBM fan fic if I was tortured lol, but I really don,t think there is anything left to write is there? We,ve had HI and TCJ by Lori, we,ve had ALBFS and TTVOT from Leslie, we,ve had a great AU, LMTYD by Marakesh Sparrow and then there was Louises original fan fic. What else is there to write?   :-\ :-\ :-\

What else is there to write besides those 5 fanfics? What about the 200+ other written and finished BBM fanfics? Have you read any others outside of those 5 you mentioned? I can definitely recommend some, if you want!  :D

I continue to be amazed by the creativity and originality of the writers who are still writing! Just think of the amazing Kumari (Camden Yards and Full Count), Victopet (In Plain Sight) and Jane (BFF etc.) to name only a few of the many talented authors out there!

I know that the fandom is dying down a bit, but that doesn't mean that there are still people out there who want to write about the idea of Jack and Ennis, about their love and their story, even if it's far removed from the original story! Most of the stories now are AU!AU and the names Ennis and Jack can easily be replaced with other names, but you still feel the inspiration of BBM.

But, I'm sorry to say this and I don't mean to be rude, but this discussion doesn't really belong here, but more in the "The Future of BBM fanfic" thread I started a while ago. That's where we could continue this discussion if you want!

It would be great if we could keep this thread for Brokeback fanfic plots offers!

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 03:49:23 pm »
       These characters are very conducive to more stories..I have read a great many myself.  The new
way to use Ennis and Jack is in AUAU.  They fit into nearly every time and situation wonderfully..
They can be used for a long long time to come..Right now I am reading several.  Mels, story Altitude and
Madlori's Zero at the Bone come to mind immediately.  They are wonderful and fun as well.  I have just
started a few recently.. One of them being Fire and Ice.  I love that story.  They are all very engaging and I can't wait for the new updates. 
        If you are thinking that there is no new way to write the story than the ones you mention.  That
means you only like stories close to the canon...
        I have probably read close to 100 myself...Enjoyed most of them a great. deal.

Beautiful mind

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 03:02:52 am »
What else is there to write besides those 5 fanfics? What about the 200+ other written and finished BBM fanfics? Have you read any others outside of those 5 you mentioned? I can definitely recommend some, if you want!  :D

I continue to be amazed by the creativity and originality of the writers who are still writing! Just think of the amazing Kumari (Camden Yards and Full Count), Victopet (In Plain Sight) and Jane (BFF etc.) to name only a few of the many talented authors out there!

I know that the fandom is dying down a bit, but that doesn't mean that there are still people out there who want to write about the idea of Jack and Ennis, about their love and their story, even if it's far removed from the original story! Most of the stories now are AU!AU and the names Ennis and Jack can easily be replaced with other names, but you still feel the inspiration of BBM.

But, I'm sorry to say this and I don't mean to be rude, but this discussion doesn't really belong here, but more in the "The Future of BBM fanfic" thread I started a while ago. That's where we could continue this discussion if you want!

It would be great if we could keep this thread for Brokeback fanfic plots offers!

Yes I know there are many many other BBM fan fic stories out there and that is the point I was trying, albeit it unsuccessfully, to make. There has been so many different BBM stories, I honestly can,t think that there is anything else to write, but hey, thats obviously becuase I,m not an author and I don,t know what I,m talking about. Sorry to offend anyone, I,ll stay out fo this thread now. :)

mvansand76

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 02:05:17 pm »
Sorry to offend anyone, I,ll stay out fo this thread now. :)

You aren't offending anyone and there's no need to stay out of this thread, Souxi, I was just asking if we could continue the discussion in the other thread that dealt with this subject, so to keep this thread seperate from the "Future of BBM fanfic" discussions and keep it for Plot offers only!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 02:14:03 pm »
I honestly don,t mean to be a spoilsport here or dampen anyones enthusiasm, but I honestly think that BMM fan fic has been done to death now. Just about every single concievable AU/ AUAU has been written now. Hey maybe it,s because I,m not an author. I wouldn,t be able to write BBM fan fic if I was tortured lol, but I really don,t think there is anything left to write is there? We,ve had HI and TCJ by Lori, we,ve had ALBFS and TTVOT from Leslie, we,ve had a great AU, LMTYD by Marakesh Sparrow and then there was Louises original fan fic. What else is there to write?  :-\ :-\ :-\

Hi Soux,

Your opinion is just as valid as anyone else's, and you are certainly not alone in thinking that BBM fan fics have run the gamut and there is nowhere else to go.    Frankly, when I wrote my first fan fic story - back in April 2006 - I was wondering whether there was anything left to write back then, and a lot more stories with interesting ideas and plot lines have come out since then.  While I was initially very intrigued by some of the more adventuresome story lines in the AU world, I found myself reconsidering some of the more traditional ones that didn't involve spies, assassins or artists! so tastes do change as time goes on...!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2007, 12:36:08 am »
I don't know..I've started inventing characters to keep things interesting.  I don't know if others have done this, but I've written fic where Ennis forms a relationship with Alma and Monroe's child, and I've even written a fic where Aguirre hires a secretary who takes a liking to Jack.  IMHO, the possibilities are endless.