Author Topic: Thoughts  (Read 41609 times)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Thoughts
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2007, 10:16:09 am »
I guess that in a movie that you can change the past?

As in a next BM film, Jack could be still alive?

Somehow?

Hugs!

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2007, 12:52:32 pm »
Well Artiste, that has always been my opinion although I'm always in a minority in that thought. I do not think that Jack died. I never have. There were too many open thoughts there that to me suggested that Jack may not be dead. Others typically don't see those suggestions, but I thought that when I first saw the movie and nobody can convince me differently. To me, that scene at the very end looking out the window made me think Jack was out there somewhere. To most it represents emptiness, but not to me. Also, when Laureen speaks about Jack's wishes and then says I mean about the ashes it made me think. We all know what Jack's wishes were and his most important wish was that he and Ennis be together. The ashes, well I didn't see any ashes, and that was certainly not Jack's big Wish. I always get blasted when I bring this up about Jack, but I have never been able to dismiss that thought. And with so many hidden and subtle meanings in the whole movie how do we truly know that Jack died. I don't think he did. I even see that "for absolutely sure that Jack is dead" thread in the book.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2007, 07:41:08 pm »
Thanks jstephens9!

Jack, you say: The ashes, well I didn't see any ashes!

Wow, you have a good point! Possibly may I suggest, Jack is alive and hiding from the public since he was so badly beaten and left for dead, that his wife has him in a special place since he is in a coma?

I knew a gay guy who had a partner in a coma for 5 or 6 months! Others, I heard for a longer time, even a year and some recovered... even. Could it be that Jack's wife knew that her husband was beaten senseless because he was a gay man?? So, she is protecting him now by such a story as the ashes?

Hugs!!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2007, 07:44:32 pm »
Another reference to Christ...when they came to his tomb, the stone was rolled away and the body was missing.

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Artiste

« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2007, 07:48:25 pm »
Thanks Front-Ranger!

So is Jack's body missing too!

As, we do not see it nor view his ashes!!  Right?

Hugs!

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2007, 10:48:46 pm »
Who saw Jack's body? Who saw Jack's ashes? Did Laureen, did Jack's parents, did Ennis? Two sets of ashes are refered to, half with Laureen and half with Jack's parents, but I sure did not see any. Neither did Ennis. If I were Ennis I would want to find proof that Jack was really dead.

injest

« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2007, 11:23:59 am »
Who saw Jack's body? Who saw Jack's ashes? Did Laureen, did Jack's parents, did Ennis? Two sets of ashes are refered to, half with Laureen and half with Jack's parents, but I sure did not see any. Neither did Ennis. If I were Ennis I would want to find proof that Jack was really dead.

very interesting viewpoint, Jack... If Jack was badly beaten and an invalid or in a coma, Lureen could be using it as a chance to finally get Ennis out of the picture completely. She had her suspicions and wasn't happy about him going off to Wyoming all the time. So if he was in bad shape and had sent Ennis letters asking for help and telling him about it...well she COULD have intercepted them...

Offline Artiste

« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2007, 11:47:50 am »
Thanks Jack, and thanks Front-Ranger and Injest!!

Yes, there is no scene of the ashes nor the body in the BM movie... that seems evident!

Any in the book, in a way?

Hugs!!!

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2007, 12:02:31 pm »
Happy Thanksgiving Jack and company. Have a Nice day.  :-*
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Artiste

« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2007, 12:16:06 pm »
To you too!

And hugs!

So any scene with Jack's body or ashes in the book?