Our BetterMost Community > The Holiday Forum

When is it too late to still have Holiday decorations up?

(1/31) > >>

Brown Eyes:
This is the sister-poll to the thread here in this forum "When is it too early to put Holiday lights/decorations up?"

I personally, usually feel that by mid-January the season's over.

David In Indy:
My decorations stay up until January 6th (Epiphany). :)

Ellemeno:

--- Quote from: David on November 09, 2007, 12:32:12 am ---My decorations stay up until January 6th (Epiphany). :)

--- End quote ---

I was going to suggest this as an option too, since I think this is a pretty typical choice, especially in Europe.

Penthesilea:

--- Quote from: Ellemeno on November 09, 2007, 02:18:43 am ---
--- Quote from: David on November 09, 2007, 12:32:12 am ---My decorations stay up until January 6th (Epiphany). :)

--- End quote ---

I was going to suggest this as an option too, since I think this is a pretty typical choice, especially in Europe.

--- End quote ---

I agree. I haven't voted yet. Epiphany is the traditional day to take the decorations down. I take them down either on Epiphany or the Friday after Epiphany, because the old Christmas trees are picked up on Saturday after Epiphany. It's always a youth group from a sports/musicians club or from a church that collects them and thereby collects money for charitiy.

But .... I always find some left over decorations much, much later  ::). The wreath on the front door is still there... from last year  ::). I won't take it down now.

belbbmfan:

--- End quote ---

Same here. That's the day we celebrate the visitation of the three kings. We have a special 'kings' cake that day with a coffee bean hidden in it. The one who gets the bean, gets to be the king for one day. Of course that doesn't imply being excused from 'cleaning up christmas' duty!  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version