604,767 Posts in 14,643 Topics by 2,611 Residents
Latest Member: pifubikys
BetterMost, Wyoming & Brokeback Mountain Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2017, 05:38:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Home Help Login Register
BetterMost, Wyoming & Brokeback Mountain Forum  |  Our BetterMost Community  |  The Holiday Forum (Moderator: Meryl)  |  Topic: When is it too late to still have Holiday decorations up? 0 Residents and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: When is it too late to still have Holiday decorations up?  (Read 19197 times)
Jeff Wrangler
BetterMost Supporter!
The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club

He somebody you cowboy'd with?

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: January 17, 2017, 02:32:00 pm »

Despite being ill again on Sunday, on Monday I managed to get the Christmas Village structures packed up and returned to storage in the basement until next Christmas Season. I also put away the train that had served as the Christmas Express.

For now, I have left the "winter landscape" on the train table. I also continue to have man-made Poinsettias in my flower vases; they can stay for another month or so, as "winter flowers." Then I'll replace them with spring flowers.  Cheesy

(I also began organizing my tax papers yesterday, but that doesn't have anything to do with holiday decorations.)

I don't know why people don't decorate for the Lunar New Year. It starts on January 28 this year and will be the Year of the Rooster. Lots of decorating possibilities!

I saw something on TV news last night about a company in China making inflatable roosters that look like Donald Trump. The one I saw looked like a great big chicken with a Donald Trump wig!  laugh

Do Asian people decorate their homes for the Lunar New Year? What sort of decorations do they use?

"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens
Front-Ranger
BetterMost Moderator

No instruction manual needed!

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: January 17, 2017, 04:41:12 pm »

Do Asian people decorate their homes for the Lunar New Year? What sort of decorations do they use?
Oh yes, New Year is the time when Asian people clean their homes from top to bottom, sweep out all the dirt and ill will, pay all bills, and visit people they haven't seen in a while to make sure they haven't been neglecting anyone. They distribute tangerines and money in special red envelopes to children. There is a scroll of the Kitchen God that hangs in back of the oven. They take down the scroll and burn it so the Kitchen God can go report to heaven on all the good things the family did over the year. Then they put up a fresh new kitchen god. Calligraphy and paintings are hung wishing everybody a prosperous New Year. There are lions and dragons made of paper and red lanterns are used to decorate. There are a lot of traditions which you can google if you're interested.

Come in, she said
I'll give ya shelter from the storm
Jeff Wrangler
BetterMost Supporter!

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: January 17, 2017, 04:48:24 pm »

Oh yes, New Year is the time when Asian people clean their homes from top to bottom, sweep out all the dirt and ill will, pay all bills, and visit people they haven't seen in a while to make sure they haven't been neglecting anyone. They distribute tangerines and money in special red envelopes to children. There is a scroll of the Kitchen God that hangs in back of the oven. They take down the scroll and burn it so the Kitchen God can go report to heaven on all the good things the family did over the year. Then they put up a fresh new kitchen god. Calligraphy and paintings are hung wishing everybody a prosperous New Year. There are lions and dragons made of paper and red lanterns are used to decorate. There are a lot of traditions which you can google if you're interested.

How interesting! Thanks, FRiend!  Cheesy

"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens
CellarDweller

A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: January 23, 2017, 05:00:59 pm »

I'm putting my Valentine's stuff up tonight.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!
Penthesilea
Town Administration

« Reply #114 on: January 24, 2017, 01:34:29 am »

I'm putting my Valentine's stuff up tonight.

I put my Christmas stuff down two days ago Kiss
Well, not everything. The tree is still up. Lips Sealed After getting everything else down and neatly packed I decided it was enough work for one Sunday. We'll see about the tree. Smiley

Jeff Wrangler
BetterMost Supporter!

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: January 24, 2017, 10:17:07 am »

I put my Christmas stuff down two days ago Kiss
Well, not everything. The tree is still up. Lips Sealed After getting everything else down and neatly packed I decided it was enough work for one Sunday. We'll see about the tree. Smiley

Putting Christmas stuff away always seems like so much more work than getting it out.  Sad

CellarDweller

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: January 24, 2017, 10:38:58 am »

Yeah, it does!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
Jeff Wrangler
BetterMost Supporter!

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: January 25, 2017, 10:25:05 am »

I don't know why people don't decorate for the Lunar New Year. It starts on January 28 this year and will be the Year of the Rooster. Lots of decorating possibilities!

Gong hey fat choy. Smiley

CellarDweller

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: January 25, 2017, 11:48:21 am »

Is it just me, or are more people decorating for Valentine's Day?

I've passed numerous houses with red lights around windows or doors.

quite a few have had shape outlines in windows.

Even inflatables are starting to show up on yards.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]  All Go Up Print 
BetterMost, Wyoming & Brokeback Mountain Forum  |  Our BetterMost Community  |  The Holiday Forum (Moderator: Meryl)  |  Topic: When is it too late to still have Holiday decorations up? « previous next »
Jump to:  

Listen to Brokeback Mountain Radio 1
Listen to Brokeback Mountain Radio 1

Help keep this site operating by donating.

Web bettermost.net
Image courtesy of 'AuroraLucis'

No more beans.  I'm sick of beans.