615,397 Posts in 14,785 Topics by 2,759 Residents
Latest Member: jllybrns01
BetterMost, Wyoming & Brokeback Mountain Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 14, 2018, 06:25:04 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Home Help Login Register
BetterMost, Wyoming & Brokeback Mountain Forum  |  Our BetterMost Community  |  The Holiday Forum (Moderator: Meryl)  |  Topic: When is it too late to still have Holiday decorations up? 0 Residents and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: When is it too late to still have Holiday decorations up?  (Read 29894 times)
CellarDweller
The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club

A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: November 18, 2017, 12:56:10 am »

and for those who are wondering, the turkey forms look  like this.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!
Jeff Wrangler
BetterMost Supporter!

"Tom Cody. Pleased to meet ya."

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: November 18, 2017, 01:45:50 am »

I decorate for holidays when it's darker  earlier.   I will put out lights (orange, green & purple) for Halloween, with a light up jack-o-lantern and bat.   For Thanksgiving, a set of orange lights goes up, with light up turkey forms.   Christmas gets multi-color 'twinkle' lights and a tree and wreath.  February gets a string of red lights, and heart forms in the windows.   St. Patrick's Day gets a strand of green  lights and shamrock forms.   Finally, Easter gets pink lights, and a set of egg forms.

At that point, it doesn't get dark until late at night, and I'm in bed by 10:00, so there's no point to put up lights, to only have to turn them off an hour or so  later, so no red, white and blue lights for Independence Day.

I still can't get over how big Halloween has gotten for decorating. I remember when it was cardboard cut-outs and a jack-o-lantern. We never decorated for Valentine's Day or St. Patrick's Day or Easter, except for spring flowers set around the house and taken to my grandparents. As a kid of course I got an Easter basket, but Easter was always primarily a religious thing, not a reason for decorating.

"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.
CellarDweller

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: November 18, 2017, 05:46:44 pm »

Mom was a big decorator in our house, when it came to the holidays.   She still is. 

We always big red hearts and cupids on the windows and doors for Valentine's Day,  big green shamrocks on the windows and doors for St. Patrick's Day,  eggs and bunnies for Easter,  turkeys, pilgrims and cornucopias for Thanksgiving.

Here is what I remember for October and Halloween.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
CellarDweller

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: November 18, 2017, 05:54:45 pm »

We also had what I called "popcorn" decorations.

different colored pieces of plastic put together into holiday images.

Here is Halloween.

Thanksgiving

And Christmas.  (and no, I don't know why there is a jack-o-lantern in that pic)

Oh, they had Valentine's Day too.

CellarDweller

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: January 06, 2018, 09:05:14 pm »

As of Thursday (January 4th) my apartment has been "de-Christmased". 

Tree is down, ornaments packed away, flag and lights are boxed up.

The windows will unadorned until the last week of January,  when I put up the Valentine's Day flag and lights.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13]  All Go Up Print 
BetterMost, Wyoming & Brokeback Mountain Forum  |  Our BetterMost Community  |  The Holiday Forum (Moderator: Meryl)  |  Topic: When is it too late to still have Holiday decorations up? « previous next »
Jump to:  

Listen to Brokeback Mountain Radio 1
Listen to Brokeback Mountain Radio 1

Help keep this site operating by donating.

Web bettermost.net
Image courtesy of 'AuroraLucis'

No more beans.  I'm sick of beans.