Author Topic: Annie says Jack's death is a "test"  (Read 17139 times)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Annie says Jack's death is a "test"
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2007, 05:39:18 pm »
Thanks tempatalon!

Annie does also test us readers??

Yes, it seems that Annie talks using the word accident for another word for murder!!

She does test our nerves as we are gay men, as straights, as others, as civilized society, etc., very much, because murdering of a gay man is seconded, as least in the BM movie?

Annie does warns us of the danger of gay life, but butts in too saying that a gay man must be out there??

Hugs!!

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2007, 03:15:22 pm »

It seems obvious to me in the BM movie that Laureen covers up that fact that she knows that her husband (Jack) is bi or gay. Like Alma, she did mention once (or more? surely often being married to Jack all these years that he saw alone Ennis: why does your fishing friend do not come to Texas, another words to pay us a visit!!?? She surely noted that Jack is nervous or hides, (goes away quickly when this subject comes up! She is no fool!! And, Lureen also heard in her office two men talking about Jack (now her husband) being gay?? You say that Lureen is trying to make Jack straight? and, therefore, she knew that Jack is a gay man or bi? To me, she does cover up that Jack is bi or gay, look at the two men who seems to say so in front of her in the office??!!

Great point Artiste!  I think I always believed that Lureen "puts it all together" at the phone call, that Jack is gay.  Perhaps this is her final confirmation of it.  But I've never really thought about the fact that she may have had her suspicions prior.  The guys makin' fun of Jack in her office.  The line "why can't your buddy come down here to Texas and fish?"  And then, as her hair's gettin whiter and whiter, "Husbands don't never seem to wanna dance with their wives...why is that Jack?"  Yes, it is definitely plausible that she had her suspicions over the years, or even knew for a fact and was herself in denial, and tried to cover it up as the years went on.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2007, 03:32:57 pm »
Or, the other side, everybody has a stupid day sometimes or makes a not well thought-out comment.

Got that right, Little Darlin'! And the older you get, the more and more of those days you have.  ;D  :-\
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2007, 05:24:28 pm »
Thanks sfericsf!

You do pose some answers as well as questions about her. Sure, she (Laureen) knew that Jack was gay! She sure knew how to pinpoint that to Jack too? In his ribs! Is that what is when she says to Jack: ''Husbands don't never seem to wanna dance with their wives...why is that Jack?"

Lureen was not that innocent before having sex with Jack the first time? This way Annie contiues to test us gay men, about Jack's death as well about many other things??

Hugs!

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2007, 02:18:54 am »
I would also say that Annie's "quote" doesn't quite ring true/make sense to me.  Maybe it is like that old game of "telephone" and perhaps she did say something about Jack's death and litmus test, but exactly what she said has gotten rephrased with the passing of time.

Another possibility is that Annie did say it, and perhaps she even meant it, and she might be wrong about what it means.  Many brilliant artists create dazzling works of art, and are notoriously unreliable critics of their own work.
Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

Offline Dal

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2007, 02:51:06 am »
   split rims have killed many a maintance person, and injured a great many  more...That is the reason they are being fazed out i believe..
Yes you're right.  But here's Lureen -- "...Jack was pumping up a flat on the truck out on a back road when the tire blew up. The bead was damaged somehow and the force of the explosion slammed the rim into his face..."   I.e.  the bead was the problem.  Bead failures really do cause tire inflation explosions, on light trucks.

http://library.findlaw.com/1996/Aug/1/130595.html

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2007, 07:18:08 am »
Another possibility is that Annie did say it, and perhaps she even meant it, and she might be wrong about what it means.  Many brilliant artists create dazzling works of art, and are notoriously unreliable critics of their own work.

Agreed. She's not a psychologist/psychoanalyst or whatever you'd have to be to know that.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Artiste

« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2007, 09:58:26 am »
Did Annie say that?

Anyone found that proof yet if Annie did say that expression?

Hugs!

Offline SimonNolan

• Don't Say Much
    • SNBlog
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2007, 04:02:48 pm »
Hi all, this is my first post, after getting a comment on my blog from someone here ("J"?).

Anyway, here's my thoughts: I'm one of those people who likes to let a movie just "be". A movie is what it is, and BBM is an excellent example of that. It's supposed to be ambiguous. There are no firm answers, and that's okay.

Either way, murder or accident, one point comes across clearly: If you care for someone, don't just settle for a few "high altitude f***s". Don't wait, don't let yourself be filled with regret when you're older, don't let yourself be shocked when someone you thought would always be there is gone.

I just saw BBM for the first time a few days ago, and that realization hit me like a ton of bricks. So, in a couple of weeks I'll be moving a few hours away to be with a man who loves me very much, and who I love very much. Thanks, Annie, for that.

Scott6373

« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2007, 04:05:10 pm »
Hi all, this is my first post, after getting a comment on my blog from someone here ("J"?).

Anyway, here's my thoughts: I'm one of those people who likes to let a movie just "be". A movie is what it is, and BBM is an excellent example of that. It's supposed to be ambiguous. There are no firm answers, and that's okay.

Either way, murder or accident, one point comes across clearly: If you care for someone, don't just settle for a few "high altitude f***s". Don't wait, don't let yourself be filled with regret when you're older, don't let yourself be shocked when someone you thought would always be there is gone.

I just saw BBM for the first time a few days ago, and that realization hit me like a ton of bricks. So, in a couple of weeks I'll be moving a few hours away to be with a man who loves me very much, and who I love very much. Thanks, Anne, for that.

Well good for you!  Hold onto that brass ring as long as you can!  Gonna be a fun ride.