Author Topic: Christmas Customs  (Read 18266 times)

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Christmas Customs
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2007, 02:28:31 am »

LOVe that David   thank you... 8)             8)

Beautiful mind

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2007, 01:53:52 am »
Most of you are probably familiar with snow spray.  It's that thick foamy stuff that you spray on Christmas trees, and it's supposed to look like snow, but doesn't.  Anyway, one year my father got it into his head that snow spray would look really nice on our tree.  And so he applied a can of it...after we had already hung all of our ornaments.   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: 

It looked like a HAZMAT team had decontaminated our living room, and for years we had nothing but speckled white ornaments.

Gary   

I did that once too Gary, except it was with a can of tree flocking. My Mom liked to kill me for it. She had some very expensive German, Swiss and English ornaments they bought on a trip to Europe hanging on the tree, and I sprayed them white. I'm not sure about snow spray, but tree flocking takes several years before it's completely off Christmas tree ornaments.

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2007, 02:22:05 am »
Hi David,

I just looked up tree flocking, and it and snow spray seem to be pretty similar products.  In fact they sound like different terms for the exact same thing. 

How old were you when you did this to your Christmas tree, and inadvertently to your mother's favorite ornaments?  When my father did it, he was close our age.   :o

Gary  

15 or 16 probably. Old enough to know better. At least that's what my mom told me. The thing is, I can easily see myself making the same mistake now.  :laugh:

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2007, 11:56:09 am »
A few things: my kids wrote a letter to Santa, ostensibly telling him how good they were that year, but they usually ended up talking about the reindeer. I have kept all the letters. Santa wrote a reply on the back.

I also like to lie under the Christmas tree and watch the shadows of the blinking lights on the ceiling.

After the children were in bed, Mr. and Mrs. Claus liked to make love before the fireplace. That is, if they weren't required to put out the fire so Santa could get in.

One more ritual is the sojourn to find the perfect Christmas tree either on our property or in the nearby Forest Service land. You have to have a permit, but it is easy to get.
"chewing gum and duct tape"