Author Topic: twocowboywaltz says Hi!  (Read 11900 times)

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: twocowboywaltz says Hi!
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2008, 04:25:12 am »

Well honey, some of us are fogies, as much as we hate to have to admit it.  Doesnt mean we have to
think like one however.  As to having regrets that we are wishing we had not made.  Yes we do.  Some more
than others, however:  i doubt that anyone can live a great deal of time, and do a lot of things. So they
would not have quite a few things that they wish they had done differently.  That is one of the tenants of
Brokeback Mountain.  Learning to live with your past bad choices...They are inevitable I believe.  We just
try to learn and then not repeat them if we have learned anything by them.  In otherwords, like Ennis
learned the fact that you let the time go by and dont do some things that you should, you may not get the
chance again to do it differently. 
       I dont regret them like he does, but yes I do have some regrets.  I am sure you do too.  Even if your
life is so much shorter than mine.  We are human after all.  Thus we do make errors......So good to have
you here.  Talk to you again soon i hope.

Beautiful mind

Offline "Joseph Golden"

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Dozy embrace solidified in his memory
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2008, 09:33:25 am »
Regret, Oh god, I hate that word. If i was to say i had none it would be a lie. But i wish i had none. Some regrets can eat you up from the inside out. They crawl in from a darkness we try to leave behind. They force them selves to change the descions we make.

I had this conversation with a old guy at work. He was telling me about all these regrets he has. Divorce, marriage and children. That stuff. I started to tell him some of mine. He cut me off and said "Your to young to have regrets" This really annoyed me.  >:(

I'm 19, I've lived a quater of my life. Thats 25% Thats 6 935 days..........

I have regrets. I've lived a good part of my life. I've earned the right to be respected by those who are considered to be more primed.
Don’t lie, don’t try to fool me, Ennis. I know what it means. Jack Twist? Jack Nasty.

injest

« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2008, 09:47:23 am »
Regret, Oh god, I hate that word. If i was to say i had none it would be a lie. But i wish i had none. Some regrets can eat you up from the inside out. They crawl in from a darkness we try to leave behind. They force them selves to change the descions we make.

I had this conversation with a old guy at work. He was telling me about all these regrets he has. Divorce, marriage and children. That stuff. I started to tell him some of mine. He cut me off and said "Your to young to have regrets" This really annoyed me.  >:(

I'm 19, I've lived a quater of my life. Thats 25% Thats 6 935 days..........

I have regrets. I've lived a good part of my life. I've earned the right to be respected by those who are considered to be more primed.

I read a great little speech about that....can only remember the gist of it.

that your teenage years are spent in so much turmoil....dealing with grown up feelings and changes without any of the tools adults have to deal with them...they say 'these are the best years of your life' but they really aren't.

I hope you can understand that....yes, you are MORE than old enough to have regrets...

Offline "Joseph Golden"

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Dozy embrace solidified in his memory
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2008, 10:00:06 am »
that your teenage years are spent in so much turmoil....dealing with grown up feelings and changes without any of the tools adults have to deal with them...they say 'these are the best years of your life' but they really aren't.

They are in so many ways, But they air'nt in so many more. If that makes sense.  :-\

Everyones different, so some people's teenage years are hell, so are great, some are a blur, some are to clear for their liking, so end adruply, some end tragicly.

A lot of it comes down to the kind of kid you grow up as. The way your parents grew you up as. Blame the parents  :-\ In many ways yeah,  ;D

Than you hit this age where you know that it up to you live with the concequences of your choices   ;)
Don’t lie, don’t try to fool me, Ennis. I know what it means. Jack Twist? Jack Nasty.

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2008, 10:32:57 am »
      Well honey, some of us are fogies, as much as we hate to have to admit it.  Doesnt mean we have to
think like one however.

Reminds me of the time a person who worked for me complained that they didn't write music like they used to - how back in his day they wrote better songs, etc., etc.  I asked him just how old he was?

"Twenty-two."

I told him I just had to check, because I thought for a minute I was listening to my father.  I have a theory that many people are born young and stay young.  Many people are born old and stay old.
Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2008, 02:59:35 pm »

I have always thought that same thing Bruce...I can remember back in my twenties, some of the
people my age...They were already old...I think a lot of it has to do with living in the now.  I fyou are enjoying
now, which is all we can live in really.  You always see things in a fresh and new way...If you live in the past.  You are forever trying to change something that cant be changed.  All we can do however is learn from the past.  We cannot change it.  And as to living in the future.  We can make the best of plans.  They may or may not come
to pass.  we can hope for the best.  Its all we can do about them....But we can live right now.  We can effect
what is happening right now...That is the only time we can live...Right NOW. 

Beautiful mind