Author Topic: Happy THanksgiving!  (Read 219984 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Happy THanksgiving!
« Reply #180 on: November 22, 2012, 03:43:23 pm »
Thanks for posting that, John. As I suspected, Thanksgiving is a big statement holiday, and when it pops up in the movies you can be sure that the weak dirty underbelly of American culture is about to be revealed!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #181 on: November 28, 2013, 10:20:40 am »
good morning and happy thanksgiving!  love to you all!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #182 on: November 28, 2013, 11:28:08 am »
good morning and happy thanksgiving!  love to you all!

Same to you friend! I'm feeling very thankful this year because at last, my house is clean! I'll write more in my blog.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #183 on: November 28, 2013, 11:55:59 am »
Good morning BetterMost and Happy Thanksgiving!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #184 on: November 29, 2013, 02:58:36 am »
NYC Thanksgiving Parade awkward moment.......

be sure to leave plenty of spaces when inflating the large balloons.  It appears that Uncle Sam will have a SPECIAL Thanksgiving this year, thanks to Spiderman.

Somehow I missed this last year.

:o :o :o

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #185 on: November 29, 2013, 03:00:13 am »
Since it's still Thursday at least in parts of the US, I'm not really too late. ;)

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #186 on: November 29, 2013, 09:31:09 pm »
Somehow I missed this last year.

:o :o :o

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That was my reaction too!  ;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #187 on: October 22, 2014, 07:59:49 pm »
(Lee comes in and dusts off the thread)

Hi everyone! What are your Thanksgiving plans? Euro- and Australia-Brokies, I'd love to hear your plans too!

Well, it's time to rev up this thread again! I just harvested a cantaloupe, grown in my own garden, and I'm going to pickle it for T-giving dinner! I've also cut some rhubarb to make a pie, and I'm on the prowl for recipes for the quince paste I just bought!

I'm going to have a very different Thanksgiving this year. It will be a table set for FRIENDs, not family. My family has disappointed me for a handful, at least, of years, going off somewhere else instead of wanting to eat my cooking. It's not their fault (I'm sounding like Ennis here) because my daughter is practically commanded to eat at her mother-in-law's. This year, it's going to be a table filled with people who want to be together because they love each other, not because they're related somehow.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #188 on: October 23, 2014, 06:24:31 pm »
I'm going to have a very different Thanksgiving this year. It will be a table set for FRIENDs, not family. My family has disappointed me for a handful, at least, of years, going off somewhere else instead of wanting to eat my cooking. It's not their fault (I'm sounding like Ennis here) because my daughter is practically commanded to eat at her mother-in-law's. This year, it's going to be a table filled with people who want to be together because they love each other, not because they're related somehow.

that seems to happen pretty frequently to people.  I often hear about arguments about which family member eats where.

My family seems to have avoided this.  My brother Chris and I are single, so there is no set of 'in-laws'.  My brother Mike is married, but my sister-in-law's parents are deceased.  We tend to alternate holidays.  One year my parents will host Thanksgiving, and Mike and Michelle will host Christmas, and the following year the opposite.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #189 on: November 25, 2014, 01:32:42 pm »
How is everyone's Thanksgiving prep going? You Euro and Aussie Brokies must find all this bother over dinner amusing.

I have a pumpkin pie in the oven now, and it smells heavenly! I'm about to prepare the stuffing so it can mellow in the fridge for a day and I'm also going to boil the potatoes in their jackets for eventual mashed potatoes. I'm picking up the turkey later today!!