Author Topic: 50 dumbest people in Hollywood  (Read 15492 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: 50 dumbest people in Hollywood
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2007, 01:29:08 am »
I shudder at the thought of the media following ME around when I was in my late teens and early twenties!

Or even now, in my case!

:o :-X

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2007, 06:00:09 am »
I know this is uncharitable, but I've watched the group actor commentary on the Ocean's Eleven DVD twice, and from his comments, Andy Garcia does not seem to be the sharpest knife in the drawer.  Cute, yes.  Witty, no.

moremojo

« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2007, 10:33:25 am »
My sister thinks that Garcia is a poor actor. He certainly doesn't have a scintillating persona.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2007, 11:09:10 am »
I don't think he's dumb, necessarily, and he's certainly a good actor, but I'd say that Robert DeNiro may be the most inarticulate person in Hollywood. Have you ever seen him interviewed on TV? He can barely get a sentence out. It's painful to watch. He may just be shy, though.

moremojo

« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2007, 12:35:09 pm »
When De Niro hosted Saturday Night Live a few years back, I was struck by how ill at ease he seemed with the live format. I suspect De Niro is (or would be) weak as a live actor, and probably gains strength as a performer through the magic of movie editing.

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2007, 02:51:07 pm »
A big part of the criteria for selecting the 50 "dumbest" people in Hollywood was stupid life choices and bad career moves.  No matter how shy or inarticulate both Andy Garcia and Robert Deniro may be, neither of them seems to have committed unrecoverable blunders in choosing their work, or living their lives.

Based on that criteria, it is easy to see how "Lilo" rocketed to the top of the dum-dum list, with a succession of bad life choices, and dreadful careers moves.
Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2007, 08:38:51 pm »
I don't think he's dumb, necessarily, and he's certainly a good actor, but I'd say that Robert DeNiro may be the most inarticulate person in Hollywood. Have you ever seen him interviewed on TV? He can barely get a sentence out. It's painful to watch. He may just be shy, though.

I've read critical comments about DeNiro. That he can't say a thing without having it scripted for him.  Lots of people are not very articulate.  This also applies to movie stars.  This is a failure of learning to communicate effectively for whatever reason.  Many stars never finished high school or went to college where one learns to communicate and are not dumb per se, but they just cannot effectively get out coherently what they are trying to say, so they come across as blithering as Miss Teen USA or they just don't say anything and so appear dumb.

However, having said that I have also read many stars say how "smart" Keanu Reeves is...then I start to think, OK consider the source.  8)   In some cases, it's like Britney Spears saying how 'smart' Jessica Simpson is.   ::)

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2007, 11:02:15 pm »
I don't know how smart Keanu Reeves is, but he sure is a hottie.  And he seems like a very sweet guy.   :D

He certainly is a cutie and I don't think he's dumb at all.  I mean he's done quite well for himself, if one considers smart career decisions and life choices as criteria he's a frikkin genius, lol!   He manages to have an amazingly lucrative and rewarding acting career and all while pretty much stayiing out of the public eye.  I mean what do we really know about him?  He surfs, rides a motorcycle and plays in a band nobody's ever listened to and every now and then gets to be on the covers of major magazines.  The guy's a genius I tells ya!  I want his life, lol!

Offline Katness

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Proud wolf in human clothing.
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2008, 07:06:11 am »
I can't decide between the first four. So, I'll say, first four.
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing.

If all is not lost, then where is it?

I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.