Author Topic: Joe Aguirre: what do you think of this character as portrayed in the movie?  (Read 63996 times)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Joe Aguirre: what do you think of this character as portrayed in the movie?
« Reply #70 on: December 21, 2007, 03:55:29 pm »
Thanks brokeplex!

You say: I see Randy Quaid as perfect for the role of Joe Aguirre

Brokeplex, may I totally agree with you. And your description of Randy Quaid's acting as Aguirre, is superb! I find his acting superb too!

Wonder who did coach Randy Quaid to do such a superb role? You know... that? Does anyone?

Hugs!!
Merry Gay Christmas to you and to your buddy and to all, with many hugs!!

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • LCARS
« Reply #71 on: December 22, 2007, 08:08:51 pm »
I don't know who coached him. Quaid has Texas roots, so the "western" accent is legit, not coached. The acting, the movement, the swagger, the rolling of the eyes to heaven....that is all Quaid, that is pretty much how he acts in most of the movies I have seen him in.

He got kinda goofy in "Independence Day" as his character is a bit goofy. But if you watch him closely in "ID", you can still see some of what comes out in the Joe Aguirre character.

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #72 on: December 23, 2007, 01:00:04 pm »
I stand corrected. Yes, Quaid's character paid the aliens back for all of that "sexual abuse" they had dished out to him earlier when he was "abducted".

Wasn't the phrase used by Quaid's character when he rammed his F 1-11 up into the alien ship, "up yours!" ?

Offline Artiste

« Reply #73 on: December 23, 2007, 01:26:13 pm »
Injest and brokeplex, you two got me lost now!!

Completely!!

Hugs!!
Merry Christmas and Happy gay Holidays!!

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #74 on: December 23, 2007, 01:39:16 pm »
now now...that was the town yokels that made the comment about the 'sexual abuse'....I am sure the aliens were just doing legitimate xenological research.

and Mr. Quaid was saying "Up your secret weapons opening.....where you are in fact quite vulnerable"

(the jet exploded before he finished the sentence....making it sound like he was implying something else, but I can assure you that a man of such character and grace would not yell such a thing)

Congratulations Injest, I am delighted to see that you have successfully transformed the character played by Quaid in ID, into the model of political correctness. That was difficult to do, but I must admit that you have converted me towards a new vision of that character. Now, if you can only create a new model for an examination of the aliens. I await eagerly to witness your  powers working on those aliens.

Offline myprivatejack

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Little darlin´
« Reply #75 on: December 24, 2007, 09:17:04 am »
Well,I don´t know if this has been said before,because I´ve found the forum too late,but here I go¡:iIMO,Aguirre in the scene where they are playing shirtless while he is seeing them at distance,shows the difference between the idilic environment they´ve lived in BBM and the real world they´re going to find when they came back to their usual life.For me this scene is brutal for this reason... :-\ He was a man with no time to sentimental issues,since his only interet was making money and,of course,Ennis and Jack were then the ones who must guarantee this.Aguirre has been very criticised,but I find logical that he thought that if his workers were not only playing sexual games,but moreover,in love,their work would be neglicted...For this reason,he invented the excuse of the storm that was coming to avoid another problems with his real interets.But I must say that I don´t like him at all;I only an putting myself in his shoes...
I like your silences,quiet conversations of evident sensations,where our words are life´s tinsels.
The lost illusions are the found truths.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #76 on: December 24, 2007, 12:20:52 pm »
Thanks injest, thanks myprivatejack, thanks brokeplex, and thanks all others too!!

May we have more Ennis' and Jacks playing shirtless and free!!

But reading today by the CBC on Yahoo Canada (see it to view the clip right now), that a school in Ontario, at Ottawa (which is the Capital of Canada) cut out the word Christmas in a song and replaced it with festive, does not make me think that such freedom as Ennis and Jack have on top of the Brokeback Mountain will exist more and more, but less and less!!

Remember the song: Silver bells, soon it will be Christmas Day... that is a wonderful part of our free democratic countries in the USA, Canada, England, France... among others!! To-day, but now how long will that freedom last as words are being replaced to accomodate reasonably others like islam muslims, some jews (not all jews) and other such religions and non-religious??

The school board now thinks that it should have maybe considered even replacing all Christmas songs!! Wow!! What do you think? Will we now be forced to burn the Brokeback Mountain movie since it mentions some religions or something likewise??

Joe Aguirre did not stop Ennis and Jack from having their freedom, thank goodness if he was anti-gay or not!! But now, we must consider having that Aguirre out of the BM movie, because certain groups (religious or not) demand it, simply because some christians, jews and others want to accomodate too much??

It is now Christmas Eve, and I think that this subject of keeping Joe Aguirre as a charactor in the BM movie is important to freedom!! What do you think?

Hugs!!  Merry, Merry, Merry Free Christmas!!

Offline serious crayons

« Reply #77 on: December 24, 2007, 05:49:47 pm »
It is now Christmas Eve, and I think that this subject of keeping Joe Aguirre as a charactor in the BM movie is important to freedom!! What do you think?

I don't know about that, but I do believe that keeping Joe Aguirre as the central subject of this thread is important to the topic!

A quick Merry Christmas doesn't hurt, though!  :D

Offline Artiste

« Reply #78 on: December 25, 2007, 12:12:43 pm »
Ineedcrayons, thanks, and thanks to all other too!!

Joyeux Noel, Merry Merry Merry Christmas,Feliz Navidad, and in all other languages too!!
To you and to all on Bettermost, and all on earth too!!

Hugs!!

Offline myprivatejack

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Little darlin´
« Reply #79 on: December 26, 2007, 01:56:51 pm »

Hugs!!  Merry, Merry, Merry Free Christmas!!

Yes,I also think it´s important to freedom IMO because we can see him as a representative of the outer world beyond BBM;this world that made Ennis live in a constant denial of what he was and what he felt.This word that didn´t understand their love and this world that,at the end,killed Jack for being himself.He´s like a symbolism of misunderstanding and intolerance,is not this important to freedom if we compare?.
I like your silences,quiet conversations of evident sensations,where our words are life´s tinsels.
The lost illusions are the found truths.