Author Topic: On the lighter side!! (BBM Trivia)  (Read 18520 times)

Offline iristarr

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Ain't no reins on this one . . .
Re: On the lighter side!! (BBM Trivia)
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2006, 08:33:19 pm »
Dear Lynne and Donna and Nancy -- I so much appreciated your sentiments about carrying this forward.  This experience we share is so HUGE I find it difficult to express in words.  Although we're blessed by our ability to connect via e-mail, I'm at this moment feeling frustration also -- I want to see you all, and get to know you and exchange big strong Ennis/Jack hugs all around.  I too feel that a new path is opening up for me (becoming active in the gay rights movement has come to mind) but it might be something else entirely. I'm just all blown open and sensitive to everything in a new way.  Being reborn is not too strong an expression. I've been fortunate enough to have a therapist who is totally in synch with my Brokeback experience and encourages me to go with it, as far as it will take me. Donna, I'd urge you to try sharing your experience with yours; if she isn't sympathetic maybe you can find someone else who is. We really need all the support we can get. It seems as if there are no reins on this one.

I'm just so craving closeness with like-minded people, having felt alienated and estranged and shy most of my life (the old Ennis syndrome).  I feel as though the love I lost was my love for my own self, but last week, the Tuesday after the awards, after weeping on and off all that Monday, feeling just kicked in the gut by the Acadamy's decision, and going in to my counseling appointment and using up half a box of kleenex, then waking up Tuesday morning and feeling as though I had miraculously turned the corner into the light. It was amazing -- nothing had changed but I suddenly realized that I actually LIKED myself, just as I am, that I am a good and valuable member of the human race, and as though I could share the gift of myself with others and all would be good.

I'll quit now. This is a rant that I can go on and on about (tears of joy) but I want to hear more of your thoughts about the "path."  I love you all, Elaine :-* :-* :-*

PS:  I think the threads have become entangled -- this is certainly not Brokeback Trivia we're talking about here. LOL :D
Ennis and Jack, the dogs, horses and mules, a thousand ewes and their lambs flowed up the trail like dirty water through the timber and out above the tree line into the great flowering meadows and the endless coursing wind.

Offline juneaux

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2006, 01:24:10 am »
This is completely off topic ~ especially after Iris's post but I just received my Rolling Stone with Heath on the cover.  I enjoyed the article which is located at the URL below. http://www.rollingstone.com/news/profile/story/9448111/heath_ledger_lonesome_cowboy

Have a great evening.

J.
Truth never damages a cause that is just.
~Mohandas Gandhi

Offline juneaux

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2006, 01:44:28 am »

Forgot the link to Annie Proulx's article in the "Guardian".  Here it is in case anyone want to read it.  "We were ROBBED!"

http://film.guardian.co.uk/oscars2006/story/0,,1727312,00.html
Truth never damages a cause that is just.
~Mohandas Gandhi

Offline BBMGrandma

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Jack....I swear.....
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2006, 02:27:30 am »
WOW....thanks "J"  I ordered a copy from the link you gave us!!  I LOVED the article.  Sounds like Heath is the 'real deal'....wouldn't you say?  Down to earth...!!!

Thanks J....Nancy 
"If we never dream....we'll never have a dream come true"   (me...myself...and I)

Offline iristarr

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Ain't no reins on this one . . .
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2006, 03:42:26 am »
Great article -- thanks J for posting it.  Iris
Ennis and Jack, the dogs, horses and mules, a thousand ewes and their lambs flowed up the trail like dirty water through the timber and out above the tree line into the great flowering meadows and the endless coursing wind.

Offline BBMGrandma

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Jack....I swear.....
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2006, 05:00:06 am »
Dear Sweet Iris...

Hi my friend!!  I was so swept away by your feelings and emotions on that last post of yours.  GOD...I KNOW the feeling....!!  I want to HUG my fellow Brokeback Broads...I want to sit around and just gab away.....into the night.  A JAMMIE PARTY...doesn't that just sound like TOO much fun?  HELL...I wanna hug our Brokeback guys...too!!!  I want to make popcorn...put on our newly acquired DVD of our movie...and just CRY together!!  <No...I haven't got the DVD yet...I'm just projecting... ;)

I'm so glad that you've been ignited...my friend.  Have you ever found a candle...where the wick was just imbedded too deeply down into the wax...and you couldn't light it?  I'll bet a lot of folks would throw it away.  But the folks we have here...decided to something harder!!  They decided to get a sharp knife and carve away the excess wax.  With enough work...and patience....VOILA!!  Suddenly we have a candle WICK..One that can be lit....!! 

Jeeeeeeeeeez....I'm waxing  <sorry...pun> philosophical this evening.  I'd best stop while I'm a wee bit ahead...

Anyway...I'm so glad your journey is helping you find that light at the end of that tunnel...Iris!! You've come a looooooooong waaaaaay....baby!!   :D

and BIG congrats on finding that great lady that you love....YOURSELF!!!  She's pretty neat...isn't she? 

I'm off to go peek at 'stuff'

Love you ALL......Nancy   
"If we never dream....we'll never have a dream come true"   (me...myself...and I)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2017, 08:42:50 pm »
Brokeback, or Wyoming trivia. . .does anybody know where the name Kaycee, Wyoming, came from?
"chewing gum and duct tape"