Author Topic: Anybody seeing 'No Country For Old Men' ?  (Read 9016 times)

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Anybody seeing 'No Country For Old Men' ?
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2007, 06:57:38 pm »
Just came from seeing it.  The ending had the audience up in arms... WTHeck was the response. It held my attention, thought it was sure was unpredictable in many aspects.  I'd recommend it, though not as good as FARGO by a long shot. 

I was left with a few questions. I checked the imdb.com msg board which was of help. The film is more in the film noir tradition as nobody is quite as good as they should be and the ending isn't a "Hollywood ending."   More ambiguous.
A few of the characters played by major actors I wish had been in the film longer.  Some real twists there, that's for sure.

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2007, 02:37:15 pm »
Janice, you need to put your thoughts/review of the movie here!  :D

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2007, 04:19:16 pm »
          Well I enjoyed this movie,but: is my opening thought.  But It seemed more like an idea for a movie,
than a real movie.. I guess that is what I felt about it.
          It had a perfect mystery, and great casting, and great locals.  I can't say enough about the actors.
Every single part that was in it, was played to perfection.
          But again having said that, it never answered the basic premise.  But sometimes you had to lose your
common sense, as to the things that people did or did not do.  In order to allow the perpetrator to continue
his path to destruction.  I wish that the directing and storytelling had given the audience more credit.  My
husband is one of the first to catch that stuff in a movie.  "Now that just doesn't make any sense."  I for sure
was disappointed in the "ending"  To tell the truth it had no ending.  So the way they finished it, for that is
what I will call it.  Made the entire movie rather pointless.  A well laid foundation and a great framework, with no
walls or roof...I did enjoy it in many ways however...Tommy Lee Jones, who like Heath, crawls inside his parts,
was great as always, and the evil one was very compelling.  As was the young man and the wife....
The Woody Harrelson part was very colorful.  But again very unfinished.  It seemed more like a add on to
give the movie more star power.  If he were as experienced and able as he claimed, he wouldnt have been
caught so unawares, it seems to me.
          When I read back over the stuff i have written it makes it like I hated it..Which oddly enough I didnt.
As I said.  I thought it had all the componants for a great movie..I just thought it  unfortunately, fell short.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 05:56:28 pm by ifyoucantfixit »

Beautiful mind