Brokeback Mountain: Our Community's Common Bond > The Lighter Side

The Brokeback Tarot Deck-Include Name of Card in Subject Line

(1/31) > >>

Front-Ranger:
This topic is an outgrowth of Toycoon's craft corner. I don't know much about tarot, so I hope those who do will pitch in with ideas. My first question is, what should be the four suits? In the classic tarot deck, Cups is the water-oriented suit, Pentangles (disks) is the earth-oriented suit, Swords is air, and Wands is fire.

I definitely think Wands should be changed to Guns, and maybe Cups should stay the way it is. What say you? Any nominations for Swords and Pentangles?

Later Edit: If you are discussing a particular card, please put the name of the card in the subject line to help me gather all your thoughts when designing the cards. Thank you!!

MaineWriter:
I'd suggest rope for swords, and pans for the pentangles.

L

Toycoon:

--- Quote ---I definitely think Wands should be changed to Guns, and maybe Cups should stay the way it is. What say you? Any nominations for Swords and Pentangles?
--- End quote ---

Cups should changed to Cans (of beans)!

MaineWriter:
Cans, pans, ropes and guns...

nice alliteration there...

L

oilgun:

--- Quote from: MaineWriter on December 15, 2007, 07:00:35 pm ---Cans, pans, ropes and guns...

nice alliteration there...

L

--- End quote ---

I think Rifles should replace Swords for sure
I kinda like Cups to remain cups as in tin cups of coffee, but cans of beans is good too.
Rods or Wands become Ropes?  Am I right?
Pentacles become Frying Pans?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version