Author Topic: New Greenlea Tale: The Rookie  (Read 140365 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: New Greenlea Tale: The Rookie
« Reply #340 on: February 10, 2008, 12:39:57 am »
SPOILER

Unfortunately for Ellery, Wayne has him right where he wants him - feeling responsible!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #341 on: February 10, 2008, 08:51:31 am »
Ah, two chapters, what a treat!

Poor Wayne but more poor Colson, he gave him a scare. And now to have Wayne in the apartment. It seems that everyone in Tourmaline has lived there at one time or another! LOL

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #342 on: February 10, 2008, 08:46:55 pm »
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #343 on: February 10, 2008, 11:12:20 pm »
SPOILERS

Well, it's true that having AIDS isn't going to stop Wayne from being......Wayne, and part of being Wayne includes trying to manipulate people whenever he can, and as level-headed Jeremy so neatly put it "....pissin people off. It’s his means a entertainment."   I highly doubt if anyone at the bar would take Wayne seriously if he tried to play the "Ellery is in love with me" card, and let's hope he's smart enough not to ever say anything like that in front of Colson!  (although past experience shows that Wayne's common sense is frequently on a long lunch break).

I always enjoy watching Ellery, Colson and Jeremy interact - a really interesting combination of personalities, and it's clear how much they all like and respect one another. The dialogue was great, as always.  I'd like to see Ellery and Colson get to know Nick better on a social level - hope the four of them can get together for dinner another time. 

Funny how Colson was listening so carefully when the conversation turned to Paula.

"....don’t do nothin ta piss her off anymore, Chief.”

Yes, wise words, Jeremy.  I'm looking forward to that meeting!

Thanks, Louise!
Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #344 on: February 12, 2008, 12:41:56 am »

better late than never, chapter 56!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/251402.html

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #345 on: February 12, 2008, 02:55:58 am »
SPOILERS

“I sure am, and for what it’s worth, I am sorry, Miz Samuelson. I was tryin ta get the best deal I could an I went a little too fast an a little too hard an that had nothin ta do with Amos Marigold an everythin ta do with – my bein the kind a detective I am...” Ellery flinched slightly at the admission, which was a first for him, outside of Wes’s office.

“Apology accepted, Chief Deputy.”

See, Ellery? That wasn't all that difficult was it? I liked Paula's brief acceptance of Ellery's apology. Enough said.

Now, let's go catch some bad guys!

Thanks Louise.

'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #346 on: February 12, 2008, 02:54:49 pm »
....I liked Paula's brief acceptance of Ellery's apology. Enough said.

I did, too, Fabienne.  I thought everyone hit just the right note.  Let's add this meeting to the list of famous peace treaties LOL!

Great job, Louise!

Thanks,
Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #347 on: February 12, 2008, 11:37:18 pm »
screech!  plot development!

Chapter 57:  http://louisev.livejournal.com/251856.html

I am debating about whether to make this the cutoff point for the next story but I don't know yet!

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #348 on: February 13, 2008, 03:16:32 am »
screech!  plot development!

Chapter 57:  http://louisev.livejournal.com/251856.html

I am debating about whether to make this the cutoff point for the next story but I don't know yet!

OMG GOD!!

SPOILERS

I smiled when I read that Edna called Ellery 'son'. This man is so loved *sigh*

But....poor, poor Pam! I hope Colson keeps it together. He's going to have to be there for his little girl and give her all the support she needs. God, what an awful turn of events. I liked it that Pam felt safe enough to tell Ellery what happened.

Update soon, please Louise??

thanks!
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #349 on: February 13, 2008, 01:57:54 pm »
SPOILERS

OMG GOD!!

OMG is right.  And I'll add an "OH NO!"  I feel so sorry for Pam - and for Colson.  I just read the chapter of "A Second Chance" where Colson has to physically restrain Ellery when he went ballistic and I'm thinking of Colson's reaction upon finding out who the perpetrator is.  Predictable you ain't, Louise!

Thanks,
Marie