Author Topic: New Greenlea Tale: The Rookie  (Read 140353 times)

Offline frantic65

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • "Tell me what you want, boy."
Re: New Greenlea Tale: The Rookie
« Reply #50 on: December 24, 2007, 01:11:33 pm »
Taking a break from last minute wrapping to catch up & it appears that Ellery feels he is at a crossroad in his life. I love the fact that you have them having this conversation on horseback, Louise. It just feels right. No guesses as to what is going on in the Chief Deputy's brain but I hope he doesn't make any rash choices quite yet. Lack of things to do can become stressful too. But I don't know how much more of an "I can croak at any minute" conversation Colson can take before his own fears of losing Ellery like he did Adam will pop up & cause him to brood.

On the positive side, I'm happy to see Ellery is seeking Colson out to talk things over, because in the past he has been known to not be so open & honest with Colson over things like his health.

I'm not commenting on the Lang situation because unlike Dupree, I am a terrible detective & don't know what's up with Amos & that money. I'm intigued though & enjoying how that part of the story is playing out. Ok-back to last minute holiday preps!

Merry Christmas to all my fellow Greenlea lovers & especially to my favorite Storytellin' Santa Louise!!

Fran

You're the love of my life
And the breath in my prayers
Take my hand, lead me there

I can't forget the taste of your mouth
From your lips the heavens pour out
I can't forget when we are one
With you alone I am free

~~Santana~~Love of My Life

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #51 on: December 24, 2007, 02:35:12 pm »
ho ho ho!

Sounds like you are all enjoying the new tale...

and here is chapter 11!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/238993.html
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #52 on: December 25, 2007, 05:28:48 pm »
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline frantic65

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #53 on: December 26, 2007, 07:14:12 pm »
Thanks for the Christmas chapter & message! I am so happy to hear about the bright future for the citizens & readers of Greenlea! I hope I can some day own a published copy of this saga.

Now, I am a little miffed at Ellery for not including me in that private conversation with Colson but he did invite me into the bedroom in Chapter 12, so I guess I'll forgive him & his sexy ass this time!!

Hope you had a great Christmas!
Fran

With you alone I am free

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #54 on: December 26, 2007, 09:46:29 pm »
and here we go...

and a comment to those who have wondered 'what else did Colson and Ellery talk about' - that will all be revealed.

http://louisev.livejournal.com/239650.html  and now for chapter 13!

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #55 on: December 26, 2007, 10:21:06 pm »
and here we go...

and a comment to those who have wondered 'what else did Colson and Ellery talk about' - that will all be revealed.

http://louisev.livejournal.com/239650.html  and now for chapter 13!

Good to know, Louise.  Ellery's mind is a fascinating place!

SPOILERS

Has Jeremy already resigned his part-time job at the bar since he got the promotion?  He'll be hard to replace!  I like the way he handles frisky Nicky - firm but playful.  And they both crack me up:

Nick grabbed a handful of Jeremy’s ass and squeezed. “I want ta head inta the breach, cause you got the best breach in town.”

“I am so glad you ain’t studyin literature, you’d be downright dangerous. Now lemme go do my job, I’ll be home as soon as I can.”

:laugh: :laugh:

I can see where Sanchez's remarks irritated Jeremy, and I think it's cute he's so protective of his Chief Deputy Legs, as Nicky would say. Now I'm wondering, when will Elllery return?  Thanks, Louise!

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #56 on: December 27, 2007, 12:18:01 am »
as always I am so grateful for the comments and feedback.  I noticed the big drop in readership over the Christmas holiday and thought to myself, 'uh oh, I've  lost my touch!' but things picked up today and I feel a little silly!

and yes to answer your question, somewhere in there from the end of the last story in sequence (which I believe was A Small Circle of Friends) Nick has started college and Jeremy is devoting himself entirely to police duty and we may get a chance to meet the new bouncer at the bar.  Whose name I had earlier today and now I've forgotten it!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #57 on: December 27, 2007, 10:46:44 pm »
and here is chapter 14:

http://louisev.livejournal.com/239877.html

enjoy!

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #58 on: December 27, 2007, 11:32:02 pm »
and here is chapter 14:

http://louisev.livejournal.com/239877.html

enjoy!

Great timing, Louise!

SPOILERS

Aww, poor Ellery.  I understand how he feels, and I think it's a natural reaction to his father dying so young, and everything else that's been happening.  We all go through those "doom and gloom" periods to a certain extent from time to time.  I think letting off some steam to Wes about Amos is a good idea.

But I was alarmed to learn that all this time Bill has been listed as a beneficiary in Ellery's Will! Yikes!  He needs to see his attorney right after his doctor's appointment tomorrow and get that changed ASAP!  And while he's there he and Colson need some Power of Attorney papers drawn up, too!

I'm glad to learn that a trip to Puerto Rico seems to be in their future!  :)  Great stuff, Louise!

Thanks,
Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline frantic65

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #59 on: December 28, 2007, 12:50:04 pm »
Great timing, Louise!

SPOILERS

Aww, poor Ellery.  I understand how he feels, and I think it's a natural reaction to his father dying so young, and everything else that's been happening.  We all go through those "doom and gloom" periods to a certain extent from time to time.  I think letting off some steam to Wes about Amos is a good idea.

But I was alarmed to learn that all this time Bill has been listed as a beneficiary in Ellery's Will! Yikes!  He needs to see his attorney right after his doctor's appointment tomorrow and get that changed ASAP!  And while he's there he and Colson need some Power of Attorney papers drawn up, too!

I'm glad to learn that a trip to Puerto Rico seems to be in their future!  :)  Great stuff, Louise!

Thanks,
Marie

Yea Marie, I had a Yikes moment over effing Bill still being in Ellery's will. I remember Ellery mentioning adding Colson to financial things way back in one of the early books, but then all hell broke loose & I guess he didn't get around to it. And although it's all depressing to think of, a POA is a must, especially since they have no legal rights as a couple.

I also hope that Ellery doesn't decide to keep things from Colson so he doesn't get scared. I don't think Colson meant he wants Ellery to hide things from him.

And I know Colson is afraid of flying but damn, Puerto Rico will be a blast, but with Wes & Edna there, Colson may not want to practice new binding techniques on Ellery!!!

Thanks again for a great story,
Fran

With you alone I am free