Author Topic: The 10 Best Buzzwords of 2007  (Read 9925 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: The 10 Best Buzzwords of 2007
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2007, 08:38:19 pm »
Well, I picked "cougar", but some of the words I remember hearing this year are:

"Whale Tail".   When a girl wears high cut shirts, and low cut jeans, and the top of her thong is showing, looking like a whale tail.

"Tramp Stamp".   A tattoo on the small of the back....that can be seen when a woman wearing the same outfit as above (thereby giving the nasty assumption that she's a tramp) bends over, revealing the tattoo, or "stamp".

"Muffin top".   When a woman wears that same outfit in the first two examples, but perhaps a size too small, so that a little bit of "plumpness" laps over the top of her jeans, looking like a muffin top, overflowing over the top of the wrapper.

"Crotch Fruit".  Children....a play on the words that your kids are the "fruit of your loins".  Your "crotch fruit".

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2007, 11:17:02 pm »
#9 vajayjay
n. slang for vagina; popularized by Grey's Anatomy and Oprah

What a stupid word!!  ::)

That sounds like a word a small child would use  :laugh:

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2007, 09:27:22 pm »
"Muffin top".   When a woman wears that same outfit in the first two examples, but perhaps a size too small, so that a little bit of "plumpness" laps over the top of her jeans, looking like a muffin top, overflowing over the top of the wrapper.

Eeeuw!!  :P

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2007, 08:10:02 am »

"Muffin Top" is widely used in Australia and has the same meaning.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2007, 05:35:15 pm »
Well, I picked "cougar", but some of the words I remember hearing this year are:

"Whale Tail".   When a girl wears high cut shirts, and low cut jeans, and the top of her thong is showing, looking like a whale tail.

"Tramp Stamp".   A tattoo on the small of the back....that can be seen when a woman wearing the same outfit as above (thereby giving the nasty assumption that she's a tramp) bends over, revealing the tattoo, or "stamp".

"Crotch Fruit".  Children....a play on the words that your kids are the "fruit of your loins".  Your "crotch fruit".

Why is it that Britney is coming to mind with all these words? Is there a buzzword for when Britney forgets her panties  :laugh:

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2007, 06:48:44 pm »
if there is, I don't wanna know it!

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2007, 12:13:29 am »

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2007, 12:22:12 am »
"thong-omission"
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline oilgun

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2008, 05:37:50 pm »

LOL1  I love those!  I guess the first three come as a set with the older Camel Toe. [the look created when a woman wears pants too tight in the crotch.]

I was surprised to see Cougar on the list, people I know have been using that word in that context for years!!  I voted for Locavor although it's not very catchy sounding but I do buy locally whenever possible.  Not just food, I avoid suburban big box stores and instead shop at stores in my neighbourhood.  I pay more of course but I feel it's a good investment.  I don't want those stores to go out of business & be replaced by Dollar Stores.

I also like the idea behind Freegan, but the word has a negative Freeloader connotation that I don't like so I didn't vote for it.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2008, 11:21:52 am »
Last week the holder on my Starbucks said, "60% post-consumer fiber sleeve" -- I guess "post-consumer" is a new term for "recycled"? The cup was 10% post-consumer. That's the first time I'd seen it, anyway.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~