Author Topic: TOTW 20/07: What present would you like to give Jack or Ennis for Christmas?  (Read 17944 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Merry Christmas BetterMostians!

In honor of Christmas week, we'll have a lighthearted and fun topic this week. Let your imagination run wild  :).

What present would you like to give Jack or Ennis for Christmas?

« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 06:08:12 pm by Penthesilea »

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
I'll go first.

For young Ennis: glasses

For older Jack: a razor to shave that mustache off  ;)

Offline tampatalon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Never Enuff Time
"Somewhere over the rainbow"

I'd give Jack & Ennis that place where they could have the sweet life without fear.

TampaTalon^">
"Lean on me, Let our hearts beat in time, Feel strength from the hands that have held you so long. Who cares where we go on this rutted old road, In a world that may say that we're wrong."--EmmyLou Harris

Offline Artiste

Boy, do you ever shock me when you say that you want Jack to take off his moustache!! I love a moutache on a man, gay man, straight man, bi man, or other, when such a person desire one and has one!! May I say! Can I take that rasor away, Penthesilea? I have a large trimer, old with an Bakelite handle, you can give him instead??

Tampatalon, I may steal your answer! Could I purchase Brokeback Mountain and give it to both Ennis and Jack!! ??

Will think, since this is a wonderful question you pose and such interesting comments... gifts!!

Hugs!! Joyeux Noel, Merry Christmas, Felix Navidad... in all languages and countries to you on Bettermost and to all on earth too, plus Gay Happy Holidays with gifts you desire too and such BM joys to all females and males and to children!!!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
I'd give them a happy long life together at the Lazy L Farm in Quanah, Texas...

http://lazylfarm.livejournal.com/417.html

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
This weekend I bought a little bucket that says "Thyme" on it. So, that's what I would like them to have...more "thyme" together...a whole big bucketful.

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
I would give them a weekend at a nice hotel with a bed so big and warm that they would get lost in it, and order up a snow storm so they would have to just stay in doors.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
Merry Christmas, boys! For travel and comfort:

http://rvmotorhomesforsale.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/rv.jpg
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline tampatalon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Never Enuff Time
At midnight tanite (EST) we should all look up at the moon and send off our wishes. May the magical Christmas winds carry the wishes high into the night and land on Brokenback Mountain, Wyoming.

TampaTalon^">
"Lean on me, Let our hearts beat in time, Feel strength from the hands that have held you so long. Who cares where we go on this rutted old road, In a world that may say that we're wrong."--EmmyLou Harris

Offline Artiste

Wonderful wish really wonderful wish tampatalon!

May I wish to buy a very large tent for both Ennis and Jack!!

And to decorate that as an First Nation Teepee with their designs on it!! ??

Hugs!!   Merry Christmas and Gay Holidays to you all!!

Offline serious crayons

Cameras, cell phones and laptop computers with email accounts (and a bookmark on BetterMost).

Merry Christmas to Jack, Ennis and Brokies everywhere!  :D

Offline myprivatejack

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Little darlin´
I like your silences,quiet conversations of evident sensations,where our words are life´s tinsels.
The lost illusions are the found truths.

Offline Artiste

Joyeux Noel, yes Merry Merry Merry Christmas, Feliz Navidad, and in all languages may you have all the joys you desire!!

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
A two week paid vacation for J/E  to go some place warm... Ennis needs to get out of that county for awhile and see what a big world it is.  Might do him some good and might make him reconsider the possibility of him and Jack being able to live a sweet life together.

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL BROKIES

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • My Design Portfolio
Jack:  Mexican-Prostitute-to-English Dictionary

Ennis:  Mints (for passionate kissing after a day of drinkin beer, chain-smoking and dozing off)

Offline Delmardeb

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
I'd build them a house up on Brokeback so they can sleep in a nice warm house in a kingsize bed instead of outside on the hard ground in a tent in the cold.

I hope all of you Brokies had a wonderful Xmas!!!!!!! and will have a happy and prosperous New Year (2008) ;) :) :D

For how long? As long as we can ride it; ain't no reins on this one.

Offline Artiste

Longjohns for each!

But which colours??

Hugs!!

Offline myprivatejack

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Little darlin´
For Ennis: a book about "self-help" so in fashion nowadays-he needed it¡-. :-\

For Jack: a vibratorhe needed it sometimes¡-. ;D

Speaking seriously:For Ennis,tolerance and self-steem.

For Jack: lots of patience.

And for both of them,a real sweet life together in a ranch-the place they had grown up and that they knew most;the best to create something together...-. :)
I like your silences,quiet conversations of evident sensations,where our words are life´s tinsels.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
For Ennis: a book about "self-help" so in fashion nowadays-he needed it¡-. :-\

For Jack: a vibratorhe needed it sometimes¡-. ;D

Speaking seriously:For Ennis,tolerance and self-steem.

For Jack: lots of patience.

And for both of them,a real sweet life together in a ranch-the place they had grown up and that they knew most;the best to create something together...-. :)

Good choices, myprivatejack.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline jstephens9

I would give them each other and the ability to go back and seize the opportunities they missed.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
I love all the thoughtful things people are coming up with. In the end, it all comes down to what we would have loved for them: to have that sweet live together. But alas...

Offline jstephens9

It sure does seem that we all are expressing the same thoughts for them just in different words  :)

Marge_Innavera

I'd get them a little private cabin, somewhere between Wyoming and Texas. Complete with fully-stocked kitchen, sleigh bed, small stable in back with two horses and a DVD player with everything.

(Hey, we're assuming cost is no obstacle here....   :)   )

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
It sure does seem that we all are expressing the same thoughts for them just in different words  :)

Yup. Blame it all on Annie and Ang, who ripped out a part of our hearts and never gave it back.

For a more lighthearted approach, I would love to give them Don Wroe's cabin for every trip in cold weather.

Hey Marge, in preview I see you also want to give them a cabin. Great minds  :).

Offline jstephens9

Hey I have a cabin  :) And I would be sure to let them have their privacy  ;D

Offline Artiste

Can I seek them in that cabin?

Hugs! I would be happy to build my cabin besides their's!! Anyone will help me?

Offline Daphne7661

• Sr. Ranch Hand
For Jack, I would give him a nice warm, fluffy down comforter to keep him warm, and a driver to take him to Wyoming a few times a year  ;)

For Ennis, I would give him a digital camera so that he could take pictures of Jack and have them for always, as well as the stack of letters that, in my mind, Jack wrote him whenever they were apart....   :'(
...Nice to know ya, Ennis del Mar...

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Merry Christmas BetterMostians!

In honor of Christmas week, we'll have a lighthearted and fun topic this week. Let your imagination run wild  :).

What present would you like to give Jack or Ennis for Christmas?

I would give them matching leopard print throws to keep them warm, and for Jack, a black parka to replace his blue one.  I would give Ennis a creme colored down-filled anorak to replace his canvas jacket.

Offline Artiste

Daphne, you bring up a good question: stack of letters that, in my mind, Jack wrote him whenever they were apart....   

May I ask any proof of that? Maybe?

I would be please to give them some Elvis records. Like Jailhouse Rock, which cound maybe help them? I have forgotten what I other thoughts... at this moment.

Hugs!

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile

I have this week off work and am thoroughly enjoying vegging-out and unwinding. I've been watching DVDs as part of the relaxation process, one of which was BBM yesterday. It's been some months since I last saw it and figured its strangle hold on me may have lessened a little. WRONG! I cried my way through it all over again, right from those very first iconic chords at the beginning of the movie.

I'm telling y'all this because, for me, after viewing BBM again yesterday, there really is only one response to the question, "What present would you like to give Jack and Ennis for Christmas?" For me, the only response to that question is, "A little cow and calf operation somewhere."

I would wish for sufficient wealth to be able to give it to them outright, the title deed in their joint names. I would make it an anonymous gift, with no connection to me. It would be theirs to do with as they wish, outright.

I've not read a lot of fanfic, but the closest to this ideal, for me, has to be Leslie's (MaineWriter) Quanah chronicles. It also had me in tears, but for happy reasons, because, thanks to Leslie's great writing skill, Jack and Ennis found happiness at Quanah. And that, in turn, brought happiness to me also. Thank you, Leslie. 
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
I would like to give Ennis this phone call. It's a bit of a stretch, but I had o think of it while reading through this thread and I find it poignant.

(This was first posted on BM by Susiebell: http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,3836.msg212059.html#msg212059)

Offline Rayn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I'm also on FaceBook under Rayn Roberts
I would give them freedom and peace of mind:  I would give them both wholesome and happy childhoods then place them in present times in Calgary, Alberta, Canada so they wouldn't have to lead double lives or completely hide their feelings for each other and they could ride and camp as often as they wanted in the Rockies and even get married if they decided on that.  Merry Christmas, Jack and Ennis.  Isn't fantasy fun?!   :)

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
A joint Club Med membership, so Ennis can finally get around that coffee pot. And, Jack, well he can get a tan.

Offline Artiste

Wow, this is fun!

Brokeplex, you made me laugh by saying that for Jack he could have a tan! That brings up something?

Brokeplex, but why Club Med??

Rayn, since you can now have gay marriages in Canada, would that still be fantasy? May I ask?

Susiebell and Penthesilea, why would Ennis change his mind for wanting sweet life?? Please detail!!

I dare suggest that I would also give each some rubbers, yes rubbers!![/b]

Hugs!!  Merry Gay Holidays to all Ennis and Jacks and to all too on Bettermost and on Earth!! Freedom!!

Offline Rayn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I'm also on FaceBook under Rayn Roberts
Hi Artiste,

My gift, like all of them here, is a fantasy, of course.  To give J & E happy childhoods and a life together in Calgary, Alberta would make them different men in present day times.  I chose Alberta because that's where their life in the movie was filmed, but the Canadian people can be thanked for allowing greater freedom for all people in their beautiful nation, and yes, that's a real fact, but it's kinda secondary to the fantasy-gift.  Hope this make what I wrote clearer for you. 

Cheers~  :)

retropian

The Sweet Life. That's what I'd give them.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
I've not read a lot of fanfic, but the closest to this ideal, for me, has to be Leslie's (MaineWriter) Quanah chronicles. It also had me in tears, but for happy reasons, because, thanks to Leslie's great writing skill, Jack and Ennis found happiness at Quanah. And that, in turn, brought happiness to me also. Thank you, Leslie. 

Oh, thank you Kerry. It was so nice to come online this morning and see this message. What a wonderful way to start the day!

For me, Jack and Ennis really do live in Quanah, in a turn of the century Queen Anne house that is painted rose with beige trim. Just my way to look at the world through rose colored glasses, I guess. :-)

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline myprivatejack

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Little darlin´

I´d give them a trip to Spain in order they could get married. :-*

Offline Luvlylittlewing

For me, Jack and Ennis really do live in Quanah, in a turn of the century Queen Anne house that is painted rose with beige trim. Just my way to look at the world through rose colored glasses, I guess. :-)

L

Leslie, thanks for your rose colored vision.  I read about Jack and Ennis at Quanah over and over and over..

Offline Artiste

Thanks Ryan!

Do you know that gay marriages are legal in Canada!!

You give me somehow an idea:
Since many gay men from the USA come to Canada to get married, that would be my added gift for Ennis and Jack; money for their marriage!!

Others from Canada or other countries are welcome to come too to get married, gay men, lesbian ladies... bienvenue, yes welcome!!

Hugs!! May freedom ring as we present gifts of hope to all Ennis' and Jack's in the gay and straight world!!

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS

I´d give them a trip to Spain in order they could get married. :-*

Spain is such a beautiful country!  I urge anyone planning a trip to Europe to put Spain on the itinerary.

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
Oh, thank you Kerry. It was so nice to come online this morning and see this message. What a wonderful way to start the day!

L

At the risk of sounding delusional, Jack and Ennis are more real  for me than Jake and Heath ever could be.

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Leslie, thanks for your rose colored vision.  I read about Jack and Ennis at Quanah over and over and over..

Thank you. This makes me more happy than you can imagine!

L

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
At the risk of sounding delusional, Jack and Ennis are more real  for me than Jake and Heath ever could be.

You are not delusional at all. Join the club.

Offline jstephens9

A thought from my own life as a present for Jack............knowing what his relationship with Ennis truly means and should he forget that any of it ever meant anything.

Offline tampatalon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Never Enuff Time
Thanks Ryan!

Do you know that gay marriages are legal in Canada!!

You give me somehow an idea:
Since many gay men from the USA come to Canada to get married, that would be my added gift for Ennis and Jack; money for their marriage!!

Others from Canada or other countries are welcome to come too to get married, gay men, lesbian ladies... bienvenue, yes welcome!!

Hugs!! May freedom ring as we present gifts of hope to all Ennis' and Jack's in the gay and straight world!!

I'll kick in the 100 bucks for the Canadian license :)

TampaTalon^">

Offline myprivatejack

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Little darlin´
Spain is such a beautiful country!  I urge anyone planning a trip to Europe to put Spain on the itinerary.

Thanks,friend¡And it´s a less narrow-minded country than one can think ¡Sure.

Offline Artiste

Everyday living is a miracle!! So may all Ennis' and Jacks in the world have their miracles of love!!

Even at Christmas and the Holidays and throughtout the year(s), we seek and accept love; that present is your presence!! I find more and more!!

I guess that I overlooked that present often... which touches us all!!

May you have Ennis and Jack's presentthe miracle of love!!
Hugs, hugs to you all everyday and now!!

Offline ifyoucantfixit

I would give Ennis a heart unencumbered by fear.  I would give Jack his Ennis.

Beautiful mind

Offline Artiste

May I also give Ennis and Jack that I swear too presenting them my eternal love!!

And I would help them start building a cabin too!!

Plus plant roses around it!!

Happy Gay day and 2008 to you!!

Dagi

I´d give them a mobile phone each with a million free minutes every month.

Offline Artiste

May I give them a Teepee!!

Some First Nations did have Teepees as houses!!

Hugs!!  Happy New 2008 Year to all Ennis', Jacks, and all on Earth for gay healthy times galore!!

Marge_Innavera

And I would help them start building a cabin too!!

Plus plant roses around it!!

Make it Canadian roses -- my favorites.  They're both beautiful and hardy.

Offline Artiste

Thanks Marge_Innavera!

Yes, indeed Canadian roses are beautiful and hardy! You made my day with your suggestion!

I am having a hard time finding some. And never could grow the yellow ones. Why, do you know how, as to something special is needed for yellow ones?

What colour rose do you want for Ennis? For Jack? For Lureen? For Alma? For Alma Junior? For others??

Hugs! May you and all, on Bettermost and on Earth, have the roses you desire for freedom and peace!! May freedom and peace ring now and forever for all too!!

Offline KittyKat

• Jr. Ranch Hand
I would buy them each a 250 lb security guard so they could have sex right outside Aquirre's trailer in 1963 if they wanted to.
Glad You Forgot Your Harmonica