Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4590538 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #10500 on: February 04, 2010, 03:53:28 pm »
Have a great walk, Chrissi!

Thank you Chuckie! We did :).

Chrissi, I remember another walk you took with your camera, was it last year?  I'd love to see some more photos from today, if you take 'em.

No camera today, sorry. Yes, I posted pics of our fields in the holiday forum, when the first snow came and everything was suddenly a winter wonder land. By now I'm sooo sick of exactly the same thing, LOL. I also posted pics almost two years ago, when I hung a little plastic cowboy hat for Heath in a tree. Maybe that's what you remember.
It was beautiful outside today, and I hope we're through with winter.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #10501 on: February 04, 2010, 06:40:38 pm »
It was beautiful outside today, and I hope we're through with winter.

Heh. The latest weather forecast for here is for 12 to 18 inches of snow on Saturday. I think I'm going to cancel the visit I was planning to make to my father this weekend.  :-\
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #10502 on: February 04, 2010, 07:51:04 pm »
Heh. The latest weather forecast for here is for 12 to 18 inches of snow on Saturday. I think I'm going to cancel the visit I was planning to make to my father this weekend.  :-\

Wow, you've got wintrier weather than Anchorage down there!  Though it was -1 degree early this morning, and there's plenty of "black ice" on the roads.

We have our final dress rehearsal tonight and open on Saturday.  Things are going pretty well, though you always wish for even more than you get!  I'm looking forward to a little down time after the opening to explore the areas around Anchorage next week.  Back in NYC on the 15th.

Stay warm, Jeff!

Hugs to all,
Meryl
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #10503 on: February 05, 2010, 04:14:16 pm »
Wow, you've got wintrier weather than Anchorage down there!  Though it was -1 degree early this morning, and there's plenty of "black ice" on the roads.

We have our final dress rehearsal tonight and open on Saturday.  Things are going pretty well, though you always wish for even more than you get!  I'm looking forward to a little down time after the opening to explore the areas around Anchorage next week.  Back in NYC on the 15th.

Stay warm, Jeff!

Hugs to all,
Meryl

"Break a leg," Sweetie!  ;) :-*
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #10504 on: February 06, 2010, 06:41:52 am »

I also posted pics almost two years ago, when I hung a little plastic cowboy hat for Heath in a tree. Maybe that's what you remember.

Yes, that's the lovely memory I have.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #10505 on: February 06, 2010, 06:42:52 am »

Merly, I'm sending you warm vibes straight north!

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #10506 on: February 06, 2010, 06:46:07 am »

Merly, I'm sending you warm vibes straight north!

Oops, that would miss you by quite a lot.  I just looked on Google Maps.  You're actually 2,408 miles NW of me.  I had no idea it was that far!!  And you're 4,399 miles from your own apartment.  Wow.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #10507 on: February 06, 2010, 06:59:31 am »
Since I'm in the heart of Blizzard Country I figured I should offer some photographic evidence.  It's now been about 12 hours since the snow began to stick, here's some comparison photos.   Remember dawn hasn't arrived yet so my ability to take photos of the morning after the night before is limited to the exposure compensation on my Nikon.

My parking area outside the apartment, Alexandria, 3 p.m. yesterday, Feb 5

3 a.m. this morning.  We had about 12-14 inches of snow from my unscientific estimate.  We are at the height of the blizzard.

Better and better-lighted views to come when the rest of the apartment is awake and I can take a photo from the balcony.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Online Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #10508 on: February 06, 2010, 07:48:27 am »
Oh gosh!

That's some blizzard!

Where is this?

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #10509 on: February 06, 2010, 08:23:20 am »
the US capitol, Washington DC area.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”