Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4575303 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #11250 on: June 03, 2011, 08:42:10 am »
I'm sorry. I guess I haven't been paying attention. I just keep thinking about the Kraft Mac & cheese in a box.

As boxed mac 'n' cheeses go, the Kraft Deluxe version, with the cheese sauce in a pouch, is best. The downscale version with the powdered cheese is just vile.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #11251 on: June 04, 2011, 12:13:49 pm »

It's that time of the year again .....

Our annual cherry massacre took place today ;D :laugh:

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #11252 on: June 04, 2011, 12:29:49 pm »
LOL Chrissi!!

When I first saw the picture I thought you'd been attacked by a cat or sumthin!!   ;D ;D

Are your cherries already ready to pick? This early?

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #11253 on: June 04, 2011, 12:30:40 pm »
As usual, the whole family was involved. Everybody put on their oldest/ugliest clothes and busied themselves with picking cherries. My youngest was allowed to join the picking, and climb up a ladder, for the fiirst time this year. He was proud!
After a while, the four of us (kids + yours truly) went to the next station: pitting the cherrries and putting them through the meat mincing machine, while hubby continued to pick.

I pitted the cherries by hand, that's why I am the dirtiest :laugh:. The girls took turns with pitting by machine and being gofer while my son ran the meat mincer. At good last, hubby cooked the whole stuff to jam while I cleaned up. That's teamwork. Now I'm happy to have it behind me for another year. :D

Already full of cherry splashes, but it got even worse. ::)

Self-portrait before running for the shower. :laugh:

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #11254 on: June 04, 2011, 12:41:13 pm »
Are your cherries already ready to pick? This early?

Yes, it's the regular time now. Last year it was a little later, because spring came very late. But this year, it's back to normal.
Thankfully this year our tree didn't bear as many cherries as usual. I don't know why, and I don't need to know, I'm just thankful for it. There are still plenty cherries high above, where we can't reach. And no dog anymore, who keeps the ground clean from the cherries that fall down. He ate them all every year. :laugh:

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #11255 on: June 04, 2011, 12:49:48 pm »
As boxed mac 'n' cheeses go, the Kraft Deluxe version, with the cheese sauce in a pouch, is best. The downscale version with the powdered cheese is just vile.

:laugh:   :laugh:

On the one hand, I agree. On the other, I'm thinking that it's kind of absurd to express total contempt for one kind of Kraft mac 'n' cheese while praising another ... Kraft mac 'n' cheese! I mean, if you're also eating a dish whose name involves saying "nnnn," are you in any position to judge?

;)   :-* 

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #11256 on: June 04, 2011, 12:55:58 pm »
I'll stick with beans.  ;)
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #11257 on: June 04, 2011, 02:09:56 pm »
As usual, the whole family was involved. Everybody put on their oldest/ugliest clothes and busied themselves with picking cherries. My youngest was allowed to join the picking, and climb up a ladder, for the fiirst time this year. He was proud!
After a while, the four of us (kids + yours truly) went to the next station: pitting the cherrries and putting them through the meat mincing machine, while hubby continued to pick.

I pitted the cherries by hand, that's why I am the dirtiest :laugh:. The girls took turns with pitting by machine and being gofer while my son ran the meat mincer. At good last, hubby cooked the whole stuff to jam while I cleaned up. That's teamwork. Now I'm happy to have it behind me for another year. :D

Already full of cherry splashes, but it got even worse. ::)

Self-portrait before running for the shower. :laugh:

These pictures are great, Chrissi!

The one of you all cherried up is hilarious!   ;D

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #11258 on: June 04, 2011, 02:44:51 pm »
:laugh:   :laugh:

On the one hand, I agree. On the other, I'm thinking that it's kind of absurd to express total contempt for one kind of Kraft mac 'n' cheese while praising another ... Kraft mac 'n' cheese! I mean, if you're also eating a dish whose name involves saying "nnnn," are you in any position to judge?

;)   :-* 

Of course I'm in a position to judge!  >:( Would you ask a wine connoisseur if he was in a position to judge between a bottle of Ripple and a fine Bordeaux? Then why ask the question of a connoisseur of macaroni and cheese?  >:(

;)  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #11259 on: June 04, 2011, 02:47:00 pm »
It's that time of the year again .....

Our annual cherry massacre took place today ;D :laugh:

Well! Thank God it's just cherries. That picture makes you look like a victim of some loathsome skin disease. ...  :P