Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4528099 times)

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Bork bork bork
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #11700 on: July 06, 2013, 03:56:31 pm »
Good luck with both your students this weekend, Chrissi!

You could always entertain them with neverending stories about your interesting cowboy experiences.

Like that fascinating story about how you and a friend (no names!!) got locked in a car in the midst of Cowboy Country,
and nearly suffocated to death before we you were finally rescued.  :o

Enthralling stuff!!!

If that doesn't peak their interest, I don't know what would!  8)

uhm.......   ::)

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #11701 on: July 06, 2013, 05:08:53 pm »
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yes, I'm sure that's JUST what they want to hear about!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #11702 on: July 06, 2013, 05:22:10 pm »
Glad you agree, Chuck! 

After all, you must know better than me what American students might be interested in.    8)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #11703 on: July 07, 2013, 07:11:30 am »
LOL Sonja! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You won't believe what happened yesterday. I barely believe it myself. We had a BBQ with 18 people altogether. Friends with their kids plus our Americans plus friends of Hannah. The teenagers were by far in the majority! :laugh:

Anyway, we were sitting in my yard and all of a sudden heard a very loud noise. We all knew immediately that something big had crashed down. It was one of those situations where you just knew it. We all jumped up and rounded the corner to my garden - and saw nothing but a big cloud of dust, still fanning out.
I was totally shocked, fearing a part of our house had crashed down. After the dust had settled, we saw that it was part of our neighbour's barn. Part of it crashed into one of our small outbuildings (we call it our witchhouse), part directly behind the swing set.

The pictures don't even look as dramatic as it is, because everything is totally overgrown and you see only a part of the bricks, the rest is in the gap between our witchhouse and the barn.

The building to the left of the swing set is the witchhouse, the one behind is the neighbour's barn. Imagine if the kids had been on the swing set at that moment. :o

I went over to the neighbours, asking them to come and look, but they refused. They said they had heard it too and they would take care of it. They'll call a company to shore up the wall until the barn can either be restored or torn down.

For now, this corner of the garden and the swing set is off limits to everybody.

So long, so bad. But the night got worse. Three of Hanna's friends and her slept downstairs in the living room. They wanted to watch a horror movie and do their teenagers' stuff without us. So Jens and I dutyfully went to bed at one point, only to have Hannah knocking at our door around two am.
One of the boys was feeling very, very sick, he was in real bad pain. Stomach pain, gut cramps, coming and going. He had been sick for the whole week, but not like that. So I decided to bring him to the hospital and we called his parents. Now comes the part I barely can believe myself: his parents refused to come and meet us at the hospital. They said the drive is too far in the middle of the night. It's 30 to 40 minutes, depending on the route.

So all four German teenagers (the Americans were in bed at that point) and I drove to the hospital and sat it out in the waiting room. The doctors couldn't tell on the sport what's up, but his vitals were okay and so they kept him for more physicals (? correct expression?), which will be done today. They gave him painkillers and put him to bed last night.
That's when I decided we all go home. The poor boy wanted his parents to come and his GF called his parents again, asking them to come. But again they refused.

??? ??? ???

I can't tell you how shocked I am! At least the GF's mom came and took her daughter home. The girl was so distraught, she wanted her mom, and the mom came directly after one call. Like it should be.
My daughter, her friend and I came home by 3.30 this morning. And I had so much caffeine and adrenaline in my system that I still was awake by 4:30. Heard the birds wake up at 3:45, watched the sky grow a tiny bit brighter at four and dawn coming up about a quater past four.

Now Jens went back to bed for a nap, the teenagers hang out in my living room, which looks like a summer camp, with all the cushions gone from the couch and lying around, sleeping bags everywhere and stale air. :laugh:
In two hours, they will all be gone for Hannah's Handball tournament (except my two younger kids) and then I will go back to bed, too.

Now that was a long story. I tell you, I feel as if someone had transported me into a parallel universe. I barely can belive what happened in the last 17 or so hours. ::)

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #11704 on: July 07, 2013, 07:44:27 am »
Oh my god - what a day you´ve had! Falling down buildings and sick kids! You def. earn a long rest

And his parents and your neighbors - wtf?

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #11705 on: July 07, 2013, 09:28:24 am »
Geez, what a strange string of events.  I can't believe the behavior of the parents or neighbors.  *shakes head*

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #11706 on: July 07, 2013, 12:45:04 pm »
OMG Chrissi - what a day/night!!!!   :o

It's hard to believe your neighbours not wanting to take a look at their fallen down barn -----  but the boy's parents!!!!   :o :o :o :o

That's not only unbelievable, that's totally shocking!!!

Poor boy. Makes you wonder what his childhood was like.  :-\

You did the right thing though, by taking him to the hospital.

Now go and get some well deserved rest!  :)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #11707 on: July 08, 2013, 04:48:12 am »
Yeah, a strange string of events it was. Surreal.

In defense of my neighbours I have to say that they're nice people, and they were intimidated by the fact we had a party going on with plenty of people. They didn't want to "disturb the party". Well  - their barn already had. ::)

But for the boy's parents, I really have no idea.

Poor boy. Makes you wonder what his childhood was like. 

My thoughts exactly. :-\

Two more days and my exchange student will be gone. They have another week in Germany, travelling around and visiting Munich and Berlin. But my duty will be done in two days and I have to say I'm happy about it.
Not happy to see the girl leave; she's a nice girl and can visit again anytime. But the our Americans as a group were more than exhausting.

One stereotype turned out to be true for our group: Americans need to be entertained All. The. Time. They get bored to death within half an hour of no program. When they have to wait for something (a waiter, a train, whatever) for more than 10 minutes they get whingeing like three year olds. ::)

But I'd do it again in a second. :)
Overall it was an interesting and rewarding experience.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #11708 on: July 08, 2013, 08:38:15 am »
One stereotype turned out to be true for our group: Americans need to be entertained All. The. Time. They get bored to death within half an hour of no program. When they have to wait for something (a waiter, a train, whatever) for more than 10 minutes they get whingeing like three year olds. ::)

But I'd do it again in a second. :)
Overall it was an interesting and rewarding experience.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #11709 on: July 08, 2013, 10:11:23 am »

What? They didn't have smart phones to play with?  ???  I'm sure these kids never heard of ... books. ...  ::)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.