Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4588742 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: The 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1590 on: November 27, 2006, 07:56:11 am »
Morning all,

Back to work today after a nice 4 day weekend. 34 degrees...

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1591 on: November 27, 2006, 08:33:44 am »
Monday Mornings Top Ten List!

injest  6196
Lucise  5364

MaineWriter  3249
Garry_LH  3147
Front-Ranger  3044

louisev  2604
Ellemeno  2562
Pipedream  2440
DavidinHartford  2430
latjoreme  2167

Offline David

« Reply #1592 on: November 27, 2006, 08:49:07 am »
Good morning All!

Ahhhhh!   it is my Saturday!   YEE HAA!     And of course, it is cloudy out this morning.   Oh well.   But I slept in until 7am!  That felt nice!

Yesterday was a pretty average day at the Airport.   No masses of humanity flocking home.  Not on my shift at least.      Yesterday I was working the curbside baggage drop where we X-ray the "checked" bags.     A big stretch Limousine pulled up (alot do actually) and a supervisor from one of the Airlines went over to meet them.   She had an arm full of baggage tags already printed out and helped the driver attached them to the luggage.  The passengers all climbed out looking tan and beautiful.    As they luggage came over I was eager to see whose names were on the tags.   Hmm,  no name I recognised, but they were tagged for LAX  (Los Angeles).    But of course sometimes celebrities use ficticious names or other family members names to avoid notice.   So a little later when I saw the Airlines supervisor on her break, I jokingly said :"Are you guys that busy they have you running out curbside to get bags?"     She laughed and said: "No, but when Joan Rivers calls and says her daughter is coming thru we do all we can to make it as smooth as possible."

Of course living in Connecticut, It is possible that many celebrities come and go through my Airport.    It would be more exciting if Paul Newman came thru though!   LOL

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #1593 on: November 27, 2006, 12:18:12 pm »
Of course living in Connecticut, It is possible that many celebrities come and go through my Airport.    It would be more exciting if Paul Newman came thru though!   LOL

That's a nice perq of the job, David!  Doesn't Ang Lee have a home in Connecticut?  Keep your eyes peeled!  8)

Congrats, GERI, on 1000 posts! 8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #1594 on: November 27, 2006, 04:50:14 pm »
Happy Monday, all. I was actually kind of relieved and happy to go back to work!! But it was nice to catch up with the coed in my family. Hope you all had more than enough turkey and pumpkin pie and congeniality.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • " Save a horse ... ride a cowboy "
« Reply #1595 on: November 27, 2006, 04:53:26 pm »
That's a nice perq of the job, David!  Doesn't Ang Lee have a home in Connecticut?  Keep your eyes peeled!  8)

Congrats, GERI, on 1000 posts! 8)

Thank's Meryl!!!
" Save a horse... ride a cowboy "

moremojo

« Reply #1596 on: November 27, 2006, 07:52:31 pm »
Greetings to the Thousand-Posters. Hope everyone (and not just those in the 1,000+ range!) had a restful and safe holiday. I stayed in town myself because I was not feeling well come Thanksgiving morning, when my sister and I had planned to drive to Kerrville to be with family. I ended up sleeping a lot, which is as good a way as any to my mind to spend time off.

And then, last night, I caught our film quite by chance on HBO, while flipping the channels (I ended up watching the Spanish-dubbed version). I posted my response elsewhere on this board, but suffice it to say that my love for Ennis and Jack and the beautiful work of art that enshrines them is as strong and vital as ever. Brokeback Mountain has become a permanent part of my life.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #1597 on: November 28, 2006, 06:35:33 am »
Greetings to the Thousand-Posters. Hope everyone (and not just those in the 1,000+ range!) had a restful and safe holiday. I stayed in town myself because I was not feeling well come Thanksgiving morning, when my sister and I had planned to drive to Kerrville to be with family. I ended up sleeping a lot, which is as good a way as any to my mind to spend time off.

And then, last night, I caught our film quite by chance on HBO, while flipping the channels (I ended up watching the Spanish-dubbed version). I posted my response elsewhere on this board, but suffice it to say that my love for Ennis and Jack and the beautiful work of art that enshrines them is as strong and vital as ever. Brokeback Mountain has become a permanent part of my life.

Scott, is the prostitute's voice dubbed, or is it still Rodrigo Prieto's voice?

I spent Thanksgiving a year ago at home sick in bed while my husb and daughter went to family.  I had a LOVELY time.  Movies, dozing, reading, gazing out the window, dozing.  I sure gave thanks for the peace and quiet.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1598 on: November 28, 2006, 07:59:56 am »
Morning all,

I have read a few posts about watching BBM on HBO. For some reason, I am stuidiously avoiding the TV, and avoiding channel 200. Not sure why...part of me thinks the BBM screening at the Boston get together was enough for me. Everything has healed enough, I don't need to keep pulling it open.

But this community, I can't leave. Thanks, all, for being here and being my friends.

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline David

« Reply #1599 on: November 28, 2006, 08:17:21 am »
Tuesday Mornings Top Ten List!

injest  6224
Lucise  5394

MaineWriter  3269
Garry_LH  3167
Front-Ranger  3078

louisev  2628
Ellemeno  2569