Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4590411 times)

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: The 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1910 on: December 24, 2006, 12:19:14 pm »
Hello, up there Roland in the land of Shania Twain! (Hey, everybody, visit the Shania Twain Centre!)

Actually, isn't the director James Cameron from there too?

Strange that ya should be mentionin Shania Twain (or maybe it's cause you've been readin up on it on my new-blog like thread "Jess & Roland's not-so Cool Room EXPOSED!!!") on which, in reply # 45 I made quite a revelation http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php?topic=6986.15 you curious bettermostians might wanna check that one out!

As far as James Cameron is concerned, I don't think so - think he's from Toronto (but I'm not sure) However, Alex Trebeck, host a the game show "Jeapardy" is from Kirkland Lake (I think) - a small town about 100 miles away from here. (and around here, 100 miles ain't very far at all!)
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #1911 on: December 24, 2006, 12:28:25 pm »
Finally found it! Well, now you just have to post a pic of that house, Ro. And bring that thread into the light of day (no, I hadn't been reading it, because it said "Private" on it!!)

The reason I knew about Shania is because my company operates a phosphate mine near Timmons.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1912 on: December 24, 2006, 02:22:18 pm »
Finally found it! Well, now you just have to post a pic of that house, Ro. And bring that thread into the light of day (no, I hadn't been reading it, because it said "Private" on it!!)

The reason I knew about Shania is because my company operates a phosphate mine near Timmins.
We started it as a private thread in admin, then moved it and changed the initial title ta welcome viewers when I realized it might be considered int'restin - not ta mention, people have been talkin about what Jess & I might be doin in that cool room nearly ev'ryday - Now I gotta go through every post ta change every one of em titles, I guess!

BTW, my brothers tells me he'll send me a copy of a pic a my grandfather's house later, if ya can wait a week or so. (ain't nothin special really - been run down somewhat in the past 15 years)
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline David

The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1913 on: December 25, 2006, 08:14:12 am »
Mondays Top Ten list!

injest  7226
Lucise  5726

MaineWriter  3713
Garry_LH  3701
Front-Ranger  3643
louisev  3110

DavidinHartford  2942
Ellemeno  2811
Pipedream  2470
Fran  2326
« Last Edit: December 25, 2006, 08:18:11 am by DavidinHartford »

Offline David

The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1914 on: December 25, 2006, 08:16:02 am »
 ;D

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1915 on: December 25, 2006, 08:52:29 am »
Merry Christmas, everyone!

22 degrees here...chilly and frosty but no sign of snow.

Everyone, have a wonderful day.

Hugs,

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #1916 on: December 25, 2006, 09:26:47 am »
Merry Christmas back at ya! You want snow, I'll give you snow! We just had a second blizzard here yesterday, but made it to vespers anyway. The stockings are all loaded, the presents are wrapped and under the tree, and then I watered the tree (I do that every year, overwatering the tree and then having to mop up and move the books to higher ground) and the Christmas bread is arising!! I hope everyone has a great day, Gyllenhaalics and Heathens alike!!

p.s. My husband said at dinner last night that, if my son made straight As, that he would watch Brokeback Mountain.  :D But he also said he would shave his whole body, so it's clear that he thinks the straight As are a loong shot. I'm going to start coaching my son today!!!

Offline David

« Reply #1917 on: December 26, 2006, 08:08:31 am »
Tuesday Mornings Top Ten List!

injest  7316
Lucise  5728

Garry_LH  3746
MaineWriter  3717
Front-Ranger  3649
louisev  3138

DavidinHartford  2945
Ellemeno  2817
Pipedream  2471
Fran  2324

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1918 on: December 26, 2006, 10:32:16 am »
Happy Day After Christmas, everyone...

For those that celebrate, I hope you had a wonderful day and that Santa was good to you. We had a nice time and my Christmas roast beef was delicious.

This morning, we have rain and dreariness. Hannah has a friend, Haley, coming from New York City to visit for a week. Right now, we do not have any New England Christmas weather or snow to show her. LOL

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #1919 on: December 26, 2006, 10:43:38 am »
Happy Boxing Day, all you Canadians, Europeans, and the rest of the civilized world!! We United Statisticians are supposed to be trudging back to work today. Not me, because my husband made arrangements to have his family visit!! Since his birthday is tomorrow, that means I get to make a special dinner three days in a row!! Since I love to cook, it's no biggie. The leg of lamb went over well yesterday. I also had rosti potatoes, French green beans, spiced peaches, and ... (ta da) condiments!! Everything reminded me of BBM except for the pie, which was chocolate (second chocolate pie I have had to bake this week!! and it's only Tuesday!!)

Say, Leslie, I see that Garry has spurted ahead of us, and you and I are back together again, the lovely Violettas. Funny, I've only read about two of his posts, which were both about deer! Don't know even where he hangs out. There is a blog of his over on Our Daily Thoughts but it only has posts by Jess in it!! Well, there are many paths to Nirvana I guess.