Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4589204 times)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4170 on: July 09, 2007, 11:34:24 pm »
Greetings, this is a much belated CONGRATULATIONS to Clarissa on surpassing 5000!!!

(I was away for a few days and I'm trying to catch up on all the happenings here in the town of BetterMost today.)
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #4171 on: July 10, 2007, 04:32:03 am »
I hope you are ok, David...not like you to not post the top ten!

Yep David - hope you are feeling okay.

:-*
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #4172 on: July 10, 2007, 06:50:29 am »
Hello everyone,

Another cloudy and damp morning..59 degrees. The rest of the US is baking in heat, this cool weather is fine with me!

Leslie

Tuesdays Top Ten List!

injest  16592
Garry_LH  8216
Lucise  7456
Front-Ranger  7095

MaineWriter  6508
Sheriff Roland  5660
David  5131
Ellemeno  5082

Nutmeg Guy  3986
louise van hine  3967
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 03:27:27 pm by Penthesilea »
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #4173 on: July 10, 2007, 06:52:31 am »
David, I am glad to hear you are taking care of yourself! That's what you need to do...

Hugs,

Leslie, RN

xo
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

injest

« Reply #4174 on: July 10, 2007, 08:19:29 am »
Thanks for covering for me Sheriff!

I'm still feeling under the weather.    Good thing it is my weekend and I can stay home and relax.    The bad thing is that it is my weekend.    :-\

It was a real hot one yesterday.    I mustered up enough energy to take one of the old cars out to a evening cruise night.    At 5:30 PM I opened the door to head out towards the garage and was met by a blast of 95º heat!      Somehow the idea of driving in rush hour traffic to go walk around in the hot sun for a few hours didn't seem that appealing.    So I went back in the house, kicked off my shoes and turned up the A/C.   LOL

David, I am wondering if you might have had a bit of sunstroke. If you are not used to being out in the heat like that you could have been. Please make sure and drink lots of water and exercise drinks...

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #4175 on: July 10, 2007, 08:21:28 am »
Thanks for covering for me Sheriff!

I'm still feeling under the weather.    Good thing it is my weekend and I can stay home and relax.    The bad thing is that it is my weekend.    :-\

It was a real hot one yesterday.    I mustered up enough energy to take one of the old cars out to a evening cruise night.    At 5:30 PM I opened the door to head out towards the garage and was met by a blast of 95º heat!      Somehow the idea of driving in rush hour traffic to go walk around in the hot sun for a few hours didn't seem that appealing.    So I went back in the house, kicked off my shoes and turned up the A/C.   LOL

Glad you are resting and taking it easy - take a personal day tomrrow - you deserve it!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #4176 on: July 11, 2007, 07:13:19 am »
I show back up in here after moving house and travelling and now we have a nutmeg guy!

what gives David?

Lots of Nutmeg in Hartford or something?

As far as weather goes, I am sitting in my office FREEZING, it gets down to 12 at night and doesnt get up past 18 in the daytime.

For you Fahrenheiters, that is:

53 low
and 64 is the high.

It is... mid JULY.  But at least there is a big bright yellow thing in the sky the past two days.  We think it's a sign that the world is ending though.

In the London news, they have officially CANCELLED summer.  But expect two bright days in the middle of July.  I think we just had them.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #4177 on: July 11, 2007, 07:35:07 am »
Damp, foggy and 62 here today...all in all, it hasn't been much of a summer (yet) here in Maine, but the good weather often doesn't show up until after July 15th.

L

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #4178 on: July 12, 2007, 03:56:50 am »
Okay, it's hot here now, too.  In the 90s today, and very few people I know in Seattle have air conditioning.  I've been rotating cold packs that I simply hold to my body, laying one over my neck, then my arms, then lay back against it in my chair, etc. 

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #4179 on: July 12, 2007, 06:04:42 am »
Morning all,

67 degrees again today, blue skies with a few clouds. Another nice day in store!

Leslie