Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4589264 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4360 on: August 02, 2007, 10:15:40 am »
Home again in Maine and happy to be here. 87 degrees and humid out there! No more dry heat for me!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #4361 on: August 02, 2007, 02:20:03 pm »
I'm sitting in a kitchen in Jackson, WY, looking out the back window at some grazing cattle and pretty hills.  It's cool and damp and beautiful here.  After Alberta, the Tetons actually look small!  But they're as gorgeous as ever.

My brother played an incredibly difficult solo for string bass on a concert last night, and I was really proud of him.  Afterwards we went to a spaghetti supper with friends of his from the bass section in the orchestra of the Teton Music Festival: a half dozen men and one woman, tall and lean like their instruments.

I'll be home late Saturday night.  What a ride it's been!  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #4362 on: August 02, 2007, 02:53:51 pm »
Leslie, I love Finlandia, makes me want to be a better human being.

Vodka makes you want to be a better human being? Maybe I'd better give up scotch. ...  ???
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #4363 on: August 02, 2007, 03:11:59 pm »
Vodka makes you want to be a better human being? Maybe I'd better give up scotch. ...  ???

Vodka makes me think that everyone is a better human being! LOL :laugh:
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #4364 on: August 02, 2007, 03:28:57 pm »
Vodka makes me think that everyone is a better human being! LOL :laugh:

Does it make you a friendlier human being?
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #4365 on: August 02, 2007, 04:14:06 pm »
Does it make you a friendlier human being?
Oh yes!  ;D
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #4366 on: August 02, 2007, 04:14:39 pm »

Driving home this morning, I was listening to the same classical radio station from Boston (WCRB) and the woman played, once again, Finlandia, by Sibelius. And I was thinking, what is this, her favorite song or something? I just heard this on Monday!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Scott6373

« Reply #4367 on: August 02, 2007, 04:21:41 pm »
Driving home this morning, I was listening to the same classical radio station from Boston (WCRB) and the woman played, once again, Finlandia, by Sibelius. And I was thinking, what is this, her favorite song or something? I just heard this on Monday!

L

Not vodka related, but hat station has become the Pop 40 of classical music, even going so far as to play portions of movements...sacrilege

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #4368 on: August 02, 2007, 04:25:50 pm »
Not vodka related, but hat station has become the Pop 40 of classical music, even going so far as to play portions of movements...sacrilege

I sort of had that feeling. Which is the public radio station that plays all classical and jazz? WBUR? For some reason, I wasn't finding it on my dial.

L

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4369 on: August 02, 2007, 04:35:13 pm »
I'm sitting in a kitchen in Jackson, WY, looking out the back window at some grazing cattle and pretty hills.  It's cool and damp and beautiful here.  After Alberta, the Tetons actually look small!  But they're as gorgeous as ever.

My brother played an incredibly difficult solo for string bass on a concert last night, and I was really proud of him.  Afterwards we went to a spaghetti supper with friends of his from the bass section in the orchestra of the Teton Music Festival: a half dozen men and one woman, tall and lean like their instruments.

I'll be home late Saturday night.  What a ride it's been!  8)

You are in Wyoming now Meryl?? I'm jealous!! I bet it's beautiful up there.  :)

Which song did your brother play?  I love the string bass. It's a beautiful instrument.  :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.