Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4589689 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4460 on: August 12, 2007, 07:16:09 am »
Jess--18,000 posts. My oh my!

61 degrees, another beautiful day in store. We had lots of fun in NH yesterday, driving all over the place with the convertible top down. A perfect convertible-ing day.

And today promises to be more of the same beautiful weather!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

injest

« Reply #4461 on: August 12, 2007, 10:42:11 am »
Sundays Top Eleven List!

injest        18,012  !!
  Garry_LH        8,978   
  Lucise        7,543   
  Front-Ranger        7,416   

MaineWriter        6,874   
  Sheriff Roland        5,951   
  Ellemeno        5,884   
  David        5,599   

dot-matrix       4,418   
  louise van hine        4,280   
  Nutmeg Guy       4,089   

;D ;D

When I first got here people fussed at me for making little bitty posts....I shoulda listened to them... :P :P

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #4462 on: August 12, 2007, 11:46:11 am »
Congratulations, Jess! I'm glad you didn't burn out and are still around here! Chrissi, I'm looking forward to hearing about the BBQ there! Hope you had perfect weather! We had a mini-Brokie get-together here in Colorado last nite, gathering to celebrate LauraGig's birthday. It was a fun time and the air was as soft as milk. It rained a little, but after the birthday cake was served. You can imagine how much music, singing and dancing there was--the house was rockin! Anyone arriving would know to "Don't bother knockin'" like that classic Stevie Ray Vaughn song!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #4463 on: August 12, 2007, 12:25:31 pm »
I guess I should be happy.

I was told last night that they approved my request at work to work the late shift.   A little more money, less cranky passengers.   LOL

I figured that I would have the same days off.   Nope.   They are switching me to Friday and Saturdays off !       My co-workers are so jealous!

But the problem is that it is screwing up my vacation days off in October!    ARG!  I have flights booked around the old schedule.   Now I have to take off more time.  The pisser is that I don't have the time earned yet to add the days.    I will by then, but we can't request time off in advance unless you have it NOW.   

Oh, and the schedule change starts tomorrow.  Which is my Friday.   Well now it will be my Monday.   So I won't get my weekend for another 4 more days.      Nine days straight of cranky travellers.       :P

A normal weekend off now! Ah, just think of the bigger picture I guess! Will it be much of a problem to wait until then to book time off? will you still be able to get them in the end?
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

moremojo

« Reply #4464 on: August 12, 2007, 12:33:36 pm »
David, I've got a question for you (and to anyone, for that matter, who cares to respond): Do you have a favorite airflight/airport-themed movie? Any film you particularly honor for the honesty or insight it sheds on this subject? Or conversely, one that makes you laugh at the real or imagined absurdities of this theme?

Off the top of my head, I guess my favorite would be Airplane!, in how it can make me laugh and even feel warmly towards an experience that in real life scares the bejeesus out of me.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #4465 on: August 12, 2007, 12:38:01 pm »
hehehe it scares you eh?  For me it isnt the flying that is the scary part, it's the fear of missing the plane part that gets me.  And now that I live so far from Heathrow, the logistics are more complicated.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #4466 on: August 12, 2007, 06:09:03 pm »
David, I've got a question for you (and to anyone, for that matter, who cares to respond): Do you have a favorite airflight/airport-themed movie? Any film you particularly honor for the honesty or insight it sheds on this subject? Or conversely, one that makes you laugh at the real or imagined absurdities of this theme?

Off the top of my head, I guess my favorite would be Airplane!, in how it can make me laugh and even feel warmly towards an experience that in real life scares the bejeesus out of me.

I love Airplane! and thought of that right off. Another good plane movie is Air Force One with Harrison Ford but I'll be honest, it is scary.

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #4467 on: August 13, 2007, 12:41:13 am »
Here's a fun thing.  An animated character speaks text you type in.  Try Rich (US) and have him say "Brokeback got me good."  Sounds a little like Ennis.  ;D

http://www.oddcast.com/home/demos/tts/frameset.php?frame1=talk
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4468 on: August 13, 2007, 01:38:42 am »
Here's a fun thing.  An animated character speaks text you type in.  Try Rich (US) and have him say "Brokeback got me good."  Sounds a little like Ennis.  ;D

http://www.oddcast.com/home/demos/tts/frameset.php?frame1=talk

He sure do! Where did you find this Meryl? It's cute!
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #4469 on: August 13, 2007, 02:19:56 am »

I thought of several, but my brain seemed to settle on the I Love Lucy episode where they are finally coming home from Europe on the plane, and Lucy pretends that the huge cheese she wants to bring home is really a baby.  Anyone remember that?