Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4595698 times)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2270 on: January 18, 2007, 07:23:12 am »
Welcome Back David! How was Florida!?
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2271 on: January 18, 2007, 07:46:38 am »
Morning all...

Another chilly day here: 1.2 degrees at the moment. But it is clear and there is no prediction for snow or sleet right now.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2272 on: January 18, 2007, 07:52:00 am »
I'M BAAAAAACK !   ;D

BRRRRR!!!
     Who turned off the heat?     Damn!  It was 20*F when I stepped off the plane here at Bradley (BDL).   To think I was swimming just before lunch!

Trip was nice.  Short, but nice.    Deltas MD-88 planes are far from luxurious.  I miss their old Song Airlines planes with the little TVs built into the seats.     Ft.Myers (RSW) has a beautiful NEW Airport.   My buddy was there in his new 2006 Corvette convertible to pick me up. Nice!

It was 84*F and a little humid.    I was dressed for Connecticut, long sleeves and long pants, so it was "top up" and Air conditioning on for the short drive to Naples.
He has a new home in one of those luxury gated communities.   All Villa homes most with pools and many facing man made ponds or mini-lakes.    His has the pool and built in hot tub, right on one of the mini-lakes.    Once I was settled in my guest suite I was changed and then went for a dip in the pool. 

Tuesday we took a drive up the coast towards Sanibel Island.   He let me drive the new Corvette.  Top down of course.   Damn those cars are fast!  And yet much more comfortable than I was expecting.   

Weds was cooler.  About 79*-80*F.    Took a nice long walk looking at the other beautiful homes in the complex, then back to jump in the pool befroe lunch.  Then it was time to redress in my winter clothes for the flight home.   

I tried to upgrade to First class for the trip down.  The electronic board said upgrades were $100.  I asked, but alas, they said my ticket price class was not eligible for that upgrade.     On the return trip, I thought I 'd ask the ticket counter person if I coulduse my Delta SkyMiles to upgrade.   SHEESH!   What a mistake that was!   As I stood in line, the agent said "This line is for International passengers only.  All others use the computers at the kiosks."   I waved my hand and said that I had a question about upgrading.   "See the kiosk" she retorted.   "But I want to change my ticket" I said.  "See the Kiosk" she said.   "But will it let me upgrade?"   "See the kiosk" see said again.    "But can I use my Skymiles?"   "See the Kiosk" she said with an angry tone.     After 4 "see the Kiosk" replies, she finally reached over and grabbed my itinerary.   She quickly glanced at it and then handed it back.  "You're not eligible.  NEXT! "

It is a good thing I am a gentleman.   I was about to tell her to go get some customer service re-training.   

Other than Frau Ratchet at the ticket counter, the trip was enjoyable.

I see that I missed several "Laramie Tales" chapters which I read last night.    Everybody behave themselves?   No trolls or infighting?   LOL.

Offline David

« Reply #2273 on: January 18, 2007, 07:54:21 am »
Good Morning Leslie!

It is a tropical 19*F here this morning.

Thanks for covering for me and posting the "Top Ten" lists!   They look great.     

Rumor has it we may get snow Friday!   EEEK!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2274 on: January 18, 2007, 07:59:50 am »
Good Morning Leslie!

It is a tropical 19*F here this morning.

Thanks for covering for me and posting the "Top Ten" lists!   They look great.     

Rumor has it we may get snow Friday!   EEEK!

My pleasure, sweetie.

Sounds like a fun trip. Now I want to know were all those dips in the pool au naturel?  ;)

I am glad you caught up on the lads in Laramie. I also posted two chapters: one on Sunday (you might have seen that before you left) and one on Tuesday. I hope you are still reading my story, honey!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline David

« Reply #2275 on: January 18, 2007, 08:20:31 am »
My pleasure, sweetie.

Sounds like a fun trip. Now I want to know were all those dips in the pool au naturel?  ;)

LOL!    Nah!  too many people around.  Landscapers, pool cleaners, lawn care, maid services.    I've never seen so many service vehicles in a neighborhood.    While the owners work, an army of laborers invade to do all the dirty jobs.  It was kinda upsetting though.   All the laborers were puertorican, cuban or mexican.   I kept thing how they must feel working amongst these $700,000 +up homes.   Hell, I know exactly how they must feel.   I am a working class stiff too.  Even I was envious.  Every driveway had a few luxury cars and luxury SUVs in them.    Naples is the Beverly Hills of the Florida West coast. 

I am glad you caught up on the lads in Laramie. I also posted two chapters: one on Sunday (you might have seen that before you left) and one on Tuesday. I hope you are still reading my story, honey!

L

Ooo!   thanks for the reminder!   I've got more reading to do!   YAAA!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #2276 on: January 18, 2007, 08:28:13 am »
LOL!    Nah!  too many people around.  Landscapers, pool cleaners, lawn care, maid services.    I've never seen so many service vehicles in a neighborhood.    While the owners work, an army of laborers invade to do all the dirty jobs.  It was kinda upsetting though.   All the laborers were puertorican, cuban or mexican.   I kept thing how they must feel working amongst these $700,000 +up homes.   Hell, I know exactly how they must feel.   I am a working class stiff too.  Even I was envious.  Every driveway had a few luxury cars and luxury SUVs in them.    Naples is the Beverly Hills of the Florida West coast. 

Ooo!   thanks for the reminder!   I've got more reading to do!   YAAA!

Sounds like a world most of us can only imagine David - glad you had a good one - shame about the snotty check in girl though.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #2277 on: January 18, 2007, 10:03:05 am »
When SoCal is colder than much of the mid-west, something is terribly wrong. 27 degrees when I got home Tuesday morning from West Virginia.
Be prepared to pay a whole lot more for citrus and avocados...

O0

I hear there's been snow in ... Malibu!  :o
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2278 on: January 18, 2007, 10:38:33 am »
I hear there's been snow in ... Malibu!  :o

I saw pictures of that on the news last night. It was quite a sight!

L

Offline David

« Reply #2279 on: January 18, 2007, 08:09:37 pm »
EEEK!     It is Official.   It is snowing finally.     :P