Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4595477 times)

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2650 on: February 19, 2007, 05:37:11 pm »

I would like to point out that talkative Jess had 107 posts yesterday! Wowza!

Well I should hope so! She's got a whole new store ta help me take care of - and since we were only able ta find one employee, she's had ta do double duty, workin on her tack(y) store as well as the bar & grill. - So much fer havin a silent pardner!!  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2651 on: February 19, 2007, 05:38:42 pm »
And David - hurry up get things fixed - yer missed already  :( (not ta mention, ya haven't visited the bar & grill yet!)
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline David

« Reply #2652 on: February 19, 2007, 08:11:24 pm »
Well it doesn't seem that all was lost.  I found my Emails address book.   My list of favorites is gone though.

The WindowsXP disc I used was an older version, so I had pop up windows all over the place.   Turns out there were 18 Critical Security downloads I needed to catch up, plus Windows Service pack 2.      I've been working all afternoon to get those downloaded and installed.

But here is the weirdest thing.  The font here in the posts looks odd.  Too small?  or just too light?   I have tried adjusting my settings but to no avail.

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #2653 on: February 19, 2007, 10:57:00 pm »
A belated Happy Friendship Day to all.  And a belated Happy leet Day to Amanda.

And a very first hearty welcome to Mr. Pat Hugh Down.  I feel for your computer woes, Pat, my computer died and I'm using my husband's laptop for now.

injest

« Reply #2654 on: February 20, 2007, 08:31:09 am »
Well I should hope so! She's got a whole new store ta help me take care of - and since we were only able ta find one employee, she's had ta do double duty, workin on her tack(y) store as well as the bar & grill. - So much fer havin a silent pardner!!  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

I never said I was gonna be SILENT....said I was gonna be unlisted!!!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2655 on: February 20, 2007, 08:35:20 am »
Pat Hugh Down? I am not sure I can get used to that, David...LOL

17 degrees here and th sky has that "it looks like it is gonna snow" look to it...

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2656 on: February 20, 2007, 08:39:43 am »
I don't know if Pat Hugh Down will be up to this this morning, so Fluff Leslie Up will give him a hand...

Tuesday Morning's Top Ten List

injest  9815
Lucise  6261
Garry_LH  5103
MaineWriter  4849
Front-Ranger  4597

louisev  3359
Pat Hugh Down  3245

Ellemeno  2981
David  2853
Fran  2746
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 07:14:53 am by MaineWriter »
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline David

« Reply #2657 on: February 20, 2007, 11:01:59 am »
Thanks for covering for me Lois, er Leslie.     I slept in this morning.

Yesterday was a tough day.

First of all, I had a Funeral to go to in the morning.   I was asked to be a Pall Bearer at the funeral of a friends father.    So I jumped out of bed to get ready and flipped on the computer to find it crashed.   Arg!

No time for this I thought.   My PT Cruiser was dirty from the weather, so I figured I'd take my vintage Chrysler Fifth Avenue which was shiny clean under a car cover in my driveway.  It was a frigid 7 degrees outside!

Well it was there, but under a thick layer of snow that had iced over.   So I had to go out and break up the ice and clear the car off before removing the cover.   I had the cover all rolled up and stowed in the trunk.    But much to my dismay, the battery was too low from the cold to crank over.  ARG!

Back to plan A.  Take the PT Cruiser.    Run back into the house to switch into my suit.    Hmm, doesn't seem to fit any more.   I guess it was several years and a few pounds ago that I bought it.    So I pulled on my Navy Blue TSA pants, a white dress shirt and a Navy Blue blazer.   No dark ties? ARG!  Yup, grabbed my dark blue TSA tie and off I went.   With a heavy black wool coat on nobody noticed.    The wind was blowing with a nice 10 below wind chill factor.  Needless to say the graveside ceremony was short!

You know what sucks about living to 91 years old?   You outlive all your peers.     Well it was good to get home and back in my warm house.   fortunately yesterday was my Saturday, so I had plenty of time to get the computer up and running.   Until I realized how late it was and I was supposed to have driven up to see my Mom for dinner.   I called her and she rebooked me for tonight.

So yesterday was a day of Frigid temps, dead computers, dead batteries and missed dinners.     Somedays it is tough being Clark Kent. 

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #2658 on: February 20, 2007, 11:17:14 am »
I was wondering who clark kent was for a minute!!

(Factoid for you all - If I was a boy - I was to have been called Clark.)
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline David

« Reply #2659 on: February 20, 2007, 03:18:21 pm »
The Nurses at the Hospital were angry at my Mom for not naming me Patrick seeing that I was born on St.Pattys day.    "We're not Irish she told them"  LOL.

She wanted to name me Christopher.  But my Father said : "No, because Chris Smith sounds too much like Christmas". 

Oh well.  I think it would be fun to sign my Christmas cards "Merry Chris Smith!"  :)