Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4595393 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2870 on: March 10, 2007, 05:07:24 pm »
I tend to say "thank you" to the pilot as I get off the plane.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #2871 on: March 10, 2007, 06:33:35 pm »
And congratulations to you, too, Meryl, for the nice round 2100 you are sporting right now....

Why thankee, ma'am!  :-*
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2872 on: March 11, 2007, 06:09:25 am »
Sundays Top Ten List

injest  10808
Lucise  6511
Garry_LH  5613
MaineWriter  5297

Front-Ranger  4838
louisev  3478
DavidnHartford  3348
David  3346
Ellemeno  3029
Fran  2849

Offline David

« Reply #2873 on: March 11, 2007, 06:48:41 am »
Grumble mumble mumble.....   damn daylight savings time.

Sigh....boy I sure missed that hour of sleep last night/this morning.    I did run around yesterday and change 99% of my clocks before going to bed.     My computer of course adjusts itself.   BetterMost however didn't.   So don't forget to go into your profile and change the hour displayed setings to "add 1 hour".

It has been pretty light out at 6 am when I get up.  So moving up the hour didn't seem like such a big deal at first.     But here I sit, groggily sipping my second cup of coffee, looking out the window and thinking : Damn it is dark outside.  I should be in bed!

But then again, it is very overcast here in central Connecticut and raining.      And where the hell is my newspaper?    Dumbass paperboy, er girl?  Paperperson, whatever.   

I need more coffee!

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2874 on: March 11, 2007, 07:32:30 am »
Grumble mumble mumble.....   damn daylight savings time.

Sigh....boy I sure missed that hour of sleep last night/this morning.    I did run around yesterday and change 99% of my clocks before going to bed.     My computer of course adjusts itself.   BetterMost however didn't.   So don't forget to go into your profile and change the hour displayed setings to "add 1 hour".

It has been pretty light out at 6 am when I get up.  So moving up the hour didn't seem like such a big deal at first.     But here I sit, groggily sipping my second cup of coffee, looking out the window and thinking : Damn it is dark outside.  I should be in bed!

But then again, it is very overcast here in central Connecticut and raining.      And where the hell is my newspaper?    Dumbass paperboy, er girl?  Paperperson, whatever.   

I need more coffee!

??? It's time to change clocks already? I thought it was by the end of March! I haven't seen it in the news here, then again I don't know if in Europe we change our clocks along with America or at a different day.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #2875 on: March 11, 2007, 07:47:21 am »
??? It's time to change clocks already? I thought it was by the end of March! I haven't seen it in the news here, then again I don't know if in Europe we change our clocks along with America or at a different day.

Nope, we (the whole EU and most of other European countries) change at March, 25th.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2876 on: March 11, 2007, 08:01:50 am »
Morning all,

8 am here and my body is telling me it is 7. I am with David, this time change is mixing me up this year.

37 degrees and foggy out there. Let's hope for some significant snow melt today.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2877 on: March 11, 2007, 08:09:41 am »

Yea It's an American attempt ta save $$$ on energy - the global warmin thing!! (The experts all agree, the difference is likely ta be minimal)

But of course Canada jumped on the bandwagon - our economies are so closely tied, it is perceived as a major disruption ta have dif'rent times -

When the elephant moves , it's neighbours have no choice ta move too ...
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2878 on: March 11, 2007, 08:19:46 am »
Nope, we (the whole EU and most of other European countries) change at March, 25th.

Thanks Chrissi (and Roland too). I was worried for a bit!
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

injest

« Reply #2879 on: March 11, 2007, 07:26:55 pm »
Yea It's an American attempt ta save $$$ on energy - the global warmin thing!! (The experts all agree, the difference is likely ta be minimal)

But of course Canada jumped on the bandwagon - our economies are so closely tied, it is perceived as a major disruption ta have dif'rent times -

When the elephant moves , it's neighbours have no choice ta move too ...

ok look...yes I HAVE gained about five pounds this last year...no need to be rude!

elephant!! HUMPH!

>:(

;)