Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4595504 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3030 on: March 27, 2007, 11:58:17 am »
I have been informed by a member of the administration that my shirtless pic of the two cowboys is innappropriate and not welcome.

So hence forth we shall need to refrain from such graphic displays in the future.    

David, I think the way I worded my PM showed I was making a request to you from a personal preference, not from an admin perspective.  It is a risk I now regret taking - it never occurred to me that you would take it public.  Clarissa

My PM to you:

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,1579.msg172757.html#msg172757

Hi David,

Just letting you know where I'm at - I prefer not seeing these photos, and wonder if they can be minimized on the 1000+ [posts thread.  There are so many threads with them already.

Thanks,

Clarissa
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 12:01:10 pm by Ellemeno »

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3031 on: March 27, 2007, 12:29:31 pm »
Only the request was made public, not the requesters identity.     

Had it been from a non-moderator or non administrative member I would have just shrugged it off.  It was only one photo after all, and a g-rated one at that.   But your position as Admin connotates higher authority whether stated or not.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #3032 on: March 27, 2007, 02:04:56 pm »
It is very dark. Heath is very good, as is his co-star. They are probably the only reason I was able to get through the entire movie. I doubt that I will buy the DVD.

L

Leslie not buying a Heath DVD?  :o  :o  :o

I'll never tell him. ...  ;)  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline dot-matrix

• www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #3033 on: March 27, 2007, 03:51:55 pm »
But I thought Bettermost's policy was that any and all pictures were acceptable as long as there was no frontal nudity .  Could it be that "cheesecake/beefcake" pictures need to be confined to Anything Goes or a thread clearly labeled where those with more strait-laced sensibilities will not stumble upon them unawares and be offended.  Obviously these pic don't offend me and I see nothing wrong with any of them, but I can see where they might offend or upset some people with a sterner more prim outlook on life.   But then again we have the Heath, Heath, Heath and the Jake, Jake, Jake threads here on this board and no complaints have been raised  ???  OK I am now officially confused.  What was the problem again?

I guess bottom line for me is that this forum is made up of 892 men and women, gay, straight and bi, from all walks for life, for all over the world, I am sure we represent many diverse opinions, cultures and belief systems.  The one thing we truly have in common is that we are adults and we need to remember to act like adults.  We need to learn compromise and find a way to respect the rights of those who enjoy the male form as art and erotica as well as the rights of those whose sensibilities are offended by nudity of any kind.  Tough line to toe but it can be done as long as it done with mutual respect and understanding.

Just my 2 cents
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #3034 on: March 27, 2007, 04:01:02 pm »
Only the request was made public, not the requesters identity.     

Had it been from a non-moderator or non administrative member I would have just shrugged it off.  It was only one photo after all, and a g-rated one at that.   But your position as Admin connotates higher authority whether stated or not.

Hi David,

Since there are only three admin here, I didn't want people to think Phillip or John were involved when they weren't.  So felt obliged to say it was me you were referring to.  

I can live with the public outing.  The more important thing for me to have learned is that when stating a preference I need to be explicit if it's just me, or an actual admin thing.  I tend to think I just need to announce when I have my admin hat ON when I write to someone, but maybe I should be clearer when I have my admin hat OFF.  So I am sorry for causing the misunderstanding.  Thanks for the learning experience, and hopefully it will stand me in good stead in the future. 

Clarissa
admin hat off

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3035 on: March 27, 2007, 04:04:47 pm »
But I thought Bettermost's policy was that any and all pictures were acceptable as long as there was no frontal nudity .  Could it be that "cheesecake/beefcake" pictures need to be confined to Anything Goes or a thread clearly labeled where those with more strait-laced sensibilities will not stumble upon them unawares and be offended.  Obviously these pic don't offend me and I see nothing wrong with any of them, but I can see where they might offend or upset some people with a sterner more prim outlook on life.   But then again we have the Heath, Heath, Heath and the Jake, Jake, Jake threads here on this board and no complaints have been raised  ???  OK I am now officially confused.  What was the problem again?

I guess bottom line for me is that this forum is made up of 892 men and women, gay, straight and bi, from all walks for life, for all over the world, I am sure we represent many diverse opinions, cultures and belief systems.  The one thing we truly have in common is that we are adults and we need to remember to act like adults.  We need to learn compromise and find a way to respect the rights of those who enjoy the male form as art and erotica as well as the rights of those whose sensibilities are offended by nudity of any kind.  Tough line to toe but it can be done as long as it done with mutual respect and understanding.

Just my 2 cents

I agree with dot matrix here. I think rules about posting should be put in writing somewhere. These sort of disagreements only increase confussion among the users. There seem to be different rules for each forum, depending on the moderators preferences. Some seem to tolerate certain nudity and profanity, and others don't allow it and sometimes make a big deal about it. I have been a long time member of this community and oftentimes I feel confused about what pictures or images I should post and what words I should use to express myself.

As far as I am concerned, the only written rules that are posted are the ones about personal attacks. There isn't any guidelines and rules about posting and language use. If those rules are written please make them visible. Stick the thread so any one can find them easily.

My 2 cents. 
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #3036 on: March 27, 2007, 05:05:18 pm »
As far as I am concerned, the only written rules that are posted are the ones about personal attacks. There isn't any guidelines and rules about posting and language use. If those rules are written please make them visible. Stick the thread so any one can find them easily.

Nat, that's not quite true - there's also the no frontal nudity policy (as mentioned by dottie).

As far as individual moderating differences, there are visible rules posted

a) in "Welcome" threads at the top of many forums and occasionally

b) on the first post of individual threads.

Most problems have arisen because people were not aware that 'preferences' could, and are sometimes posted in either one or the other of those two locations.
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Scott6373

« Reply #3037 on: March 27, 2007, 05:10:26 pm »
Ok back to our regulary scheduled proramming...how come now one is rolling out (or dusting off) the red carpet for my imminent arrival?  Huh?  Huh?

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3038 on: March 27, 2007, 05:24:26 pm »
Ok back to our regulary scheduled proramming...how come now one is rolling out (or dusting off) the red carpet for my imminent arrival?  Huh?  Huh?

It was sent to the dry cleaners, due to the snow and such. Unless you want us to roll it at filthy as it is.  ;D
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Scott6373

« Reply #3039 on: March 27, 2007, 05:26:26 pm »
18...count em...18...get the damn thing back