Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4596421 times)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5170 on: November 08, 2007, 07:16:15 pm »
Thanks belbbmfan!

Since I know French as well as English, I do hear some words in Dutch and understand rare ones!!

However, it is a puzzle to me as to why Flemish is not easily known or learned; is it not much German?

Hugs!

Scott6373

« Reply #5171 on: November 09, 2007, 10:02:50 am »
Brrrr!    Time to break out the warmer coats!

Now that the colder weather is apon us, how about some hot soup to warm you up?

OMG...how did they capture the flavor?

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #5172 on: November 09, 2007, 10:06:23 am »
Morning all,

52 degrees here in the Windy City with bright blue sky. It looks like a nice day. We are thinking of heading the Field Museum (natural history) to see a new map exhibit that just opened on November 2.

And some shopping, of course....LOL

Last night walking to the theater, it was about 45 degrees...ie, not very cold. But I woman was hopping out of a taxi wearing a mink coat! I kid you not! A long mink coat. I should point out that we lived here in Chicago for two years, and I was always amazed at the number of women wearing minks. And it was amazing to me last night, since I never see women in mink in Portland...even on the coldest days. And last night was not that cold! Just a reminder I was not at home! LOL

L

PS, the other thing that was amazing was going into a restaurant and people were smoking!
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Scott6373

« Reply #5173 on: November 09, 2007, 10:14:24 am »
Morning all,

52 degrees here in the Windy City with bright blue sky. It looks like a nice day. We are thinking of heading the Field Museum (natural history) to see a new map exhibit that just opened on November 2.

And some shopping, of course....LOL

Last night walking to the theater, it was about 45 degrees...ie, not very cold. But I woman was hopping out of a taxi wearing a mink coat! I kid you not! A long mink coat. I should point out that we lived here in Chicago for two years, and I was always amazed at the number of women wearing minks. And it was amazing to me last night, since I never see women in mink in Portland...even on the coldest days. And last night was not that cold! Just a reminder I was not at home! LOL

L

PS, the other thing that was amazing was going into a restaurant and people were smoking!

Ed Dibevics...go to Ed Dibevics

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #5174 on: November 09, 2007, 10:19:54 am »
Ed Dibevics...go to Ed Dibevics

Is it really worth it? It's not that far away. Everything I have read said it is fifties and fun, but the food is really mediocre. You tell me, Scott...

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Scott6373

« Reply #5175 on: November 09, 2007, 10:22:32 am »
Is it really worth it? It's not that far away. Everything I have read said it is fifties and fun, but the food is really mediocre. You tell me, Scott...

L

It is mediocre, but somtimes atmosphere is more important...it's fun...in a sophomoric way.  Avoid Carsons...supposed to eb the best rib place in the country, but I have had better here at home.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #5176 on: November 09, 2007, 10:23:26 am »

Must be a lingering effect of New England Puritanism.  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #5177 on: November 09, 2007, 10:27:21 am »
Must be a lingering effect of New England Puritanism.  :)

Maybe it is, but is is fine with me. I don't care for fur coats, for a variety of reasons.

L

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #5178 on: November 09, 2007, 10:31:39 am »
It is mediocre, but somtimes atmosphere is more important...it's fun...in a sophomoric way.  Avoid Carsons...supposed to eb the best rib place in the country, but I have had better here at home.

Yes, I've had the same experience.

Yesterday we went to Harry Caray's for lunch because it was right across from the hotel. The place was hopping and packed with good looking MEN. For every 10 men in the restaurant, there was one woman, I swear. And they were all handsome. Must be all these downtown businessmen going out for their power lunches. I kept looking around thinking, "I need to get out more..."

Scott6373

« Reply #5179 on: November 09, 2007, 10:36:34 am »
Yes, I've had the same experience.

Yesterday we went to Harry Caray's for lunch because it was right across from the hotel. The place was hopping and packed with good looking MEN. For every 10 men in the restaurant, there was one woman, I swear. And they were all handsome. Must be all these downtown businessmen going out for their power lunches. I kept looking around thinking, "I need to get out more..."

Great breakfast place down the other end of the street...I think you are sort of central...it's called Yolk.