Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4595426 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5550 on: December 24, 2007, 06:10:15 pm »
My guess would be Seattle Airport. I'll go and google for images to see whether I'm right...

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #5551 on: December 24, 2007, 06:24:34 pm »
Ok. Seems Seattle would have been too easy.  ::)

But at least I learned something new. The Airport in Seattle is Sea-Tac Airport (short fo Seattle and Tacoma) because it serves both cities.

And there's actually a city named SeaTac after the airport (without hyphen). You Americans are a crazy bunch  ;) :laugh:

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #5552 on: December 24, 2007, 08:20:28 pm »
Actually I think the name Seatac is awful!  So don't count me in that particular crazy bunch.  Anyway, greetings from inside the airplane at <drumroll...> Lambert Field in Saint Louis, Missouri!  Time to turn my phone off - gotta go.  (And we've been commutin' more than four @#@$in' hours.) 

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #5553 on: December 25, 2007, 08:30:00 am »
Merry Christmas everyone!

Look at the Christmassy top ten list! LOL

26 degrees here and sunny, with blue sky. Looks like a nice day for us.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #5554 on: December 25, 2007, 02:10:50 pm »
Merry Christmas... I got up late like a slug to find a gift for me in the bathroom from my housemate Misty (who seems to be the gifty type) and a Christmas card from Fabienne!  thanks for thinking of me even if I didn't get a single thing for anyone!

ai yi yi!  It's a beautiful sunny day out and not too cold either.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5555 on: December 26, 2007, 07:03:53 am »

My family was all giggly.  Yesterday right on cue, the snow came down...It wasnt exactly a white
Christmas.  But we got snow for Christmas.  Right now my insomnia is in full battle gear.  So i am trying to
catch up with all the Christmas news...Its now 40 degrees and raining...so back to our regularly scheduled
weather....  Merry day after Christmas.          :D

Beautiful mind

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #5556 on: December 26, 2007, 09:33:02 am »
Morning all,

16 degrees and frosty out, but bright blue sky. I need to work today but I will admit, I am getting a slow start, with sleeping in til 8 am!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #5557 on: December 26, 2007, 02:09:23 pm »
Merry Christmas... I got up late like a slug to find a gift for me in the bathroom from my housemate Misty (who seems to be the gifty type) and a Christmas card from Fabienne!  thanks for thinking of me even if I didn't get a single thing for anyone!

Yes you did Louise. You're writing us a new story!  :)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #5558 on: December 26, 2007, 02:54:12 pm »
Hi everybody,
Christmas is almost over in Germany, too. It's a bit strange to think that for so many Brokies Christmas is only one day. For me, it's three days (Christmas Eve, first Christmas holiday and second Christmas holiday). And even these three days aren't enough to meet all the people you'd love to, so the Christmas gatherings with friends are extended over the whole week between Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve.
This week is called "zwischen den Jahren", which is literally "between the years" (comes from former times, when different calenders were used in different regions) and most people have time off from work.

This morning, it actually started to snow!  :) Just for a short time, but the ground is covered with a few snowflakes and since it's cold, they didn't melt away. I can't remember the last time we had snow on Christmas. Yay  :D!

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5559 on: December 26, 2007, 03:00:07 pm »
Lucky, Penthesilea!! I had hoped for snow -- but it was 50*F -- practically summer!!! So -- no snow, but everything else was good.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~