Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4595548 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5820 on: January 19, 2008, 10:21:57 am »
And for today's weather...26 degrees and partly sunny. Yesterday's rain and warm temperatures had a good melting effect on the snow, and once again, I can see a patch of grass in my backyard.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5821 on: January 19, 2008, 10:42:06 am »
Thursday night at 10 pm when i was driving home from work it was snowing.   Those nice fluffy flakes. It was real pretty.   Now normally I don't like driving in the snow, but the traffic at 10pm is real light.   The snow hadn't really accumilated on the roads much so it was nice.       

That plus it was my Friday.   That always puts your mind in a nice place on the ride home.   LOL.

Yesterday I woke to find a few inches of snow.   But they were turning to a sloppy slush.   The temp reached 46º and melted things nicely.      Today the temp is dropping.  Sundays high is expected to reach only 18º. 

injest

« Reply #5822 on: January 19, 2008, 11:25:10 am »
snowed here yesterday. People were sliding off the roads, turning over (seriously..not kidding).

we got like .0000000000000001 inch!! A veritable blizzard!

http://www.kltv.com/Global/story.asp?S=7743922&nav=menu117_2

the guy that flipped over said "I didn't check the weather so I didn't know it was gonna do this"

he couldn't look out his windshield and see the road was wet?? I mean it didn't even STICK... ::) ::) ::)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #5823 on: January 19, 2008, 12:05:07 pm »
snowed here yesterday. People were sliding off the roads, turning over (seriously..not kidding).

the guy that flipped over said "I didn't check the weather so I didn't know it was gonna do this"

he couldn't look out his windshield and see the road was wet?? I mean it didn't even STICK... ::) ::) ::)

Jess, I have to give you folks down there some credit, because it said you received some freezing rain too. I've driven roads coated with freezing rain and it's BAD! I'd much rather drive on snow than ice. At least the snow offers some traction.

Anyway it was probably fun for all of you and fortunately it didn't last very long. I hope nobody was hurt.

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #5824 on: January 19, 2008, 12:05:42 pm »

That's funny...yes, a blizzard!

At least living in a place where we get lots of snow, they know how to deal with it. I lived in Maryland for one year and the (non-existent) snowplowing efforts just about drove me nuts. LOL

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

injest

« Reply #5825 on: January 19, 2008, 12:43:20 pm »
Jess, I have to give you folks down there some credit, because it said you received some freezing rain too. I've driven roads coated with freezing rain and it's BAD! I'd much rather drive on snow than ice. At least the snow offers some traction.

Anyway it was probably fun for all of you and fortunately it didn't last very long. I hope nobody was hurt.

it was fun! but it was so warm even the windshields didn't freeze up!

beautiful though...snow is so rare down here we always get a big kick out of it...you see everyone standing outside of businesses...people smiling and talking about it to each other...

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #5826 on: January 19, 2008, 01:46:07 pm »

CONGRATS TO JEFFWRANGLER ON 6,000 POSTS!
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #5827 on: January 19, 2008, 01:50:17 pm »
Congratulations, Jeff!

It seems like just yesterday that we were saying congratulations for 5000 posts! You talkative thing...

Yes, and congrats to ifyoucantfixit, who's going on like a house afire!  She passed me and Truman handily and will be on Louise's case before we know it.  ;D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #5828 on: January 19, 2008, 02:06:21 pm »
Congrats Janice & jeff
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5829 on: January 19, 2008, 02:23:47 pm »
That's funny...yes, a blizzard!

At least living in a place where we get lots of snow, they know how to deal with it. I lived in Maryland for one year and the (non-existent) snowplowing efforts just about drove me nuts. LOL

L

Even here up north people forget over the summer how to drive in the snow.  When the first storm hits there are a lot of spin outs and fender benders.    But after a few months they are Pros at it again.     Even I have forgetten to slow down when driving on packed snow.   Then you hit your brakes and WEEEEEEEE  ya slip right past the stop sign.       Fortunately there has never been anyone in my way.... yet.   A few close calls.