Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4595527 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7030 on: June 08, 2008, 07:26:51 pm »
Here you go, as they say, a picture is worth a thousand words!

It has a little "saloon" swinging door to the left and one of the doors is missing. It blew off on the big Patriot's Day storm last year (April 2007). Yes, I have asked repeatedly to have it fixed and it is on the "honey do" list. Even with the missing door, as you can see, there is still plenty of privacy. At least I think so.

My husband, daughter and I all use this shower. My son stays inside. Go figure. I don't ask him about it, it's his choice.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #7031 on: June 08, 2008, 07:39:13 pm »
This is the view I get as I look straight north (out of the shower) while I shampoo my hair. The dog isn't always there, though.

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #7032 on: June 08, 2008, 08:39:10 pm »
That's pretty much how I had the shower pictured in my mind! It looks very nice too! Is that your dog in the second picture? What is his/her name? Very cute!! :)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7033 on: June 08, 2008, 08:58:27 pm »
cos when Elle last posted the full list you weren't on it! So she doesn't know what your exact post count was on that day & time!

I knew it would be such a simple answer  a kindergarten kid could figure it out. I seem to be having more and more of these "senior moments"
 I could not remember my address when I went to collect my prescription today.I knew the road but not the number.The woman behind the counter obviously thought, no wonder she needs the medication poor sod. I am of course trying to blame the medication for the memory loss.
I just got one of "those" looks. The, you know your nuts , we know your nuts , that's why you're on this stuff.So just pay quietly and leave, sort of looks.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #7034 on: June 08, 2008, 09:12:23 pm »
That's pretty much how I had the shower pictured in my mind! It looks very nice too! Is that your dog in the second picture? What is his/her name? Very cute!! :)

That's our dog. His name is Chester.  As we say here in Maine, "He is good with his hands (paws) but numb as a hake."

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7035 on: June 08, 2008, 09:54:51 pm »
I notice that several of us who normally post a lot did not during this time period. Would anyone like to guess why that might be?

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #7036 on: June 08, 2008, 10:10:20 pm »
That's our dog. His name is Chester.  As we say here in Maine, "He is good with his hands (paws) but numb as a hake."

Awwww, but he's so cute!! :-*

My dog Cody tries to act like a dummy sometimes. He's actually quite smart I think, but he's figured out if he acts like a ding dong he gets more cuddles, kisses and hugs. lol

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #7037 on: June 09, 2008, 02:14:11 am »
I notice that several of us who normally post a lot did not during this time period. Would anyone like to guess why that might be?

You were at the Roundup!!  :)  Welcome back, Jack.  Tell us some stories.  :)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #7038 on: June 09, 2008, 03:45:15 am »

You were at the Roundup!!  :)  Welcome back, Jack.  Tell us some stories.  :)

Kudos on your speed Clarissa! You beat me to it. Again. ;)

I somehow missed Jack's post (talking about Leslie's dog I guess) and I was about to say the same thing to Jack, but you did it first. I suppose I should pay closer attention around here in the future. :laugh: :laugh:

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #7039 on: June 09, 2008, 03:50:50 am »
I'm/we're looking forward to hearing about your events in Colorado and Wyoming Jack! :D