Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4595399 times)

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7080 on: June 20, 2008, 11:26:51 am »
Chrissi, you're certainly right about Nuno Gomez!

And as a British football commentator once said 'football is a game that lasts 90 minutes and in the end the Germans win!' ;D
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline oilgun

« Reply #7081 on: June 20, 2008, 01:04:16 pm »
Finally!  EuroCup 08 fans!

Netherlands is very strong this year so here's Dutch cutie, Wesley Sneijder:

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #7082 on: June 20, 2008, 02:22:03 pm »
We're fans!

It's just my country didn't qualify for the end round.  :-\

So we can now 'pick' our country to support. Our local pub has 'adopted' the dutch team. There's so much orange in there now, your eyes hurt!

They even serve 'bavaria', a dutch lager.  :o but most people still prefer 'Stella Artois' (the best lager in the world of course.  :P) but it's the thought that counts!

My prognosis? I think the Germans or the Dutch will win.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #7083 on: June 20, 2008, 02:37:44 pm »
So we can now 'pick' our country to support.

I always feel free to pick any country, I don't feel obligated to cheer for my country; sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. This year, I like the team and cheer for them. Additionally, I cheer for Turkey because of their phenomenal match against the Czech Repuplic. Two years ago, it was the Aussies who won my heart :).

Offline oilgun

« Reply #7084 on: June 20, 2008, 02:43:26 pm »
We're fans!

It's just my country didn't qualify for the end round.  :-\

So we can now 'pick' our country to support. Our local pub has 'adopted' the dutch team. There's so much orange in there now, your eyes hurt!

They even serve 'bavaria', a dutch lager.  :o but most people still prefer 'Stella Artois' (the best lager in the world of course.  :P) but it's the thought that counts!

My prognosis? I think the Germans or the Dutch will win.

Since France was completely useless this year  :'( , I'm hoping for a Dutch win.

But here's a good shot of Lukas Podolski from Team Germany:

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #7085 on: June 20, 2008, 02:47:47 pm »
Wow, I didn't realise he looked that good when I was watching the game last night.  ;D

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #7086 on: June 20, 2008, 04:44:19 pm »
I always feel free to pick any country, I don't feel obligated to cheer for my country; sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. This year, I like the team and cheer for them. Additionally, I cheer for Turkey because of their phenomenal match against the Czech Repuplic. Two years ago, it was the Aussies who won my heart :).

I've been watching some of those games. For all you fellow Americans out there, if you want to watch it, ESPN is airing the games. Right now they are showing the Turkey/Croatia game.

I was upset earlier this week because the United States wasn't playing in it. I figured they simply weren't good enough this year, and then it suddenly dawned on me this is the European Soccer Championships.

Duh!! Ding dong David again.  ::)  >:(  ;)  ;D

Anyway, I'm cheering for the Netherlands! And if for some reason they don't win, I'll start cheering for Germany! :)

Chrissi, you're right. Nuno Gomez is gorgeous! I love those pictures you posted of him. I wonder if they will show him again on TV sometime soon?

Wesley Sneijder is cute too! :D

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #7087 on: June 20, 2008, 06:06:12 pm »
Whoo-eee!

"My" Turkish team won after penalty shoot-out! :)

Boy, was this a bad and boring match for the greatest part :P But the last 15 minutes made up for it:
At minute 119 (of 120), Croatia scored a goal. Everybody thought that's it, the Croats already cheered their victory. But in the very last minute, the Turkish team also scored a goal!
Both teams went penalty shooting and Turkey won 4 : 2. I'm happy for the Turkish team, but also feel for the poor Croats. They were already so happy, only one minute short of the end of the game. Losing this way must be double hard for them.

I've been watching some of those games. For all you fellow Americans out there, if you want to watch it, ESPN is airing the games. Right now they are showing the Turkey/Croatia game.

I was upset earlier this week because the United States wasn't playing in it. I figured they simply weren't good enough this year, and then it suddenly dawned on me this is the European Soccer Championships.

Duh!! Ding dong David again.  ::)  >:(  ;)  ;D

Anyway, I'm cheering for the Netherlands! And if for some reason they don't win, I'll start cheering for Germany! :)

Chrissi, you're right. Nuno Gomez is gorgeous! I love those pictures you posted of him. I wonder if they will show him again on TV sometime soon?

Wesley Sneijder is cute too! :D

Aww, David, you're so cute, missing that's it's the European Championship. It's the small imperfections that make people even more lovable. :-*

Yay for soccer fans! :)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #7088 on: June 21, 2008, 07:36:16 am »
Morning all,

60 degrees and it looks like another rainy day is in store for us today...

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #7089 on: June 21, 2008, 08:03:46 am »
Morning all,

60 degrees and it looks like another rainy day is in store for us today...

L

*urgh* We were truly lucky with the weather when I visited you.
We'll hit the 30°C (approx 90°F) mark today and we'll spend the afternoon at the public pool :). I'm so addicted to that facility ::). It means ralaxing, being lazy, the kids running and having fun with their friends, socializing for the adult crowd, since half the village will be there, and not to forget splashing in the wonderfully fresh water! I love it :D.
For me, it's only a good summer day when it's hot enough for the outdoor pool.