Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4595330 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7190 on: July 09, 2008, 07:37:59 am »
Morning all,

We have another hot day in store...81 degrees already. But the weather is supposed to break with thunderstorms this afternoon and then clear and sunny (no humdity) starting tomorrow.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #7191 on: July 09, 2008, 08:09:07 am »
We can't find our seasonal tickets for the puplic pool :o. You know how addicted I am to this facility ;D, so the tickets are really important.
I had to think of Lelsie's story yesterday when looking for them. Since you're so good and methodic in searching for things, maybe you can give me a hint where to look for the tickets, lol ?

They're always in a specific purse we use only for the public pool. Just a little money in it and the tickets, no documents or credit cards and other important stuff. Before going to Turkey one of us emptied that purse to use it for the vacataion. My husband says it was me who emptied the purse and put away the seasonal tickets, and of course I think it was him.
We've already looked in the usual places, where we use to put such stuff, but nada >:(.

Weather is not warm enough for the pool at the moment anyway, but I hope summer will come back to Germany.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #7192 on: July 09, 2008, 01:36:33 pm »
We can't find our seasonal tickets for the puplic pool :o. You know how addicted I am to this facility ;D, so the tickets are really important.
I had to think of Lelsie's story yesterday when looking for them. Since you're so good and methodic in searching for things, maybe you can give me a hint where to look for the tickets, lol ?

They're always in a specific purse we use only for the public pool. Just a little money in it and the tickets, no documents or credit cards and other important stuff. Before going to Turkey one of us emptied that purse to use it for the vacataion. My husband says it was me who emptied the purse and put away the seasonal tickets, and of course I think it was him.
We've already looked in the usual places, where we use to put such stuff, but nada >:(.

Weather is not warm enough for the pool at the moment anyway, but I hope summer will come back to Germany.

May I offer a tip in locating missing things Chrissi? It's always in the last place you look.  ;) ;)

Since the missing items are tickets and a little bit of money, it seems to me you/he probably put it in a drawer or cupboard. And since you checked all the obvious places, start looking in drawers you haven't checked yet, such as kitchen drawers and cupboards and even the drawers in the bathroom. Tickets and money are loose items which can easily blow away or get knocked off a surface and onto the floor, so you/he probably instictively placed them in a secure area such as a drawer or cupboard. :)

Good luck finding them Chrissi!

Congrats to Mikaela on 2000 of my favorite BetterMost posts, and to Paul, who is already proving himself an asset as a mod.  Hugs to both!

CONGRATULATIONS MIKAELA AND PAUL!!!!

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #7193 on: July 09, 2008, 05:37:42 pm »
Looking for the pool tickets - my child is still young enough to unintentionally wreak havoc with things, so I put important things I don't want lost up high, on top of taller chests, or even up on a tall bookshelf.

We have a swim bag too, bathing suits go back in there as soon as they are clean and dry, sun screen, quarters for the locker, etc.  Usually we just need to put our towels and change of clothes and are good to go.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #7194 on: July 10, 2008, 07:35:43 am »
Hooray!

We found our tickets! Five minutes ago my husband called: he has them in his (regular) purse. Arrrgh! Three days he put all the blame on me, but it was him! He'll never hear the end of it, I'll make sure of that, ha. ;D

This morning I called the municipal administraltion (which sells the tickets) and asked how much replacement tickets are. They are 46€ (72$) for our family, with new tickets costing 65€ (102$). That's so brazen, they have all data in their computer, it takes a minute to look them up and maybe two minutes to write our names on the (replacement) tickets.

Anyway, I'm so happy we found them. And the weather is great today. Off to the public pool this afternoon!

Thank you David and Elle for your tips! :-*

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #7195 on: July 10, 2008, 08:37:43 am »
Your husband had them! HA! Just like my husband had my missing amazon coupons. Fortunately I didn't have to go through three days of agony looking for them...only 45 minutes.

79 degrees at 8:30 am. The last few days have been miserable but a front came through yesterday with a storm and that cleared the air. Let's hope today is a little bit more pleasant...

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #7196 on: July 10, 2008, 08:19:52 pm »
Bonsoir...

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #7197 on: July 10, 2008, 11:01:49 pm »
Because it feels like it's been a while since we've had a top 10 list...
I thought I'd go ahead and do something I've never done before:

Today's Top Ten List - July 10, 2008

injest ~ 27,398  
MaineWriter ~ 12,791
Garry_LH ~ 11,245   
Front-Ranger ~ 10,772   
dot-matrix  ~ 9,859   
DavidInIndy ~ 9,661   
Elle ~ 9,453

AuroraLucis ~ 8,667   
Artiste ~ 8,035

Jeff Wrangler ~ 7,719

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Artiste

« Reply #7198 on: July 10, 2008, 11:03:04 pm »
Merci, thanks Atz !

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #7199 on: July 11, 2008, 09:20:03 am »
Very beautiful list, Amanda!

I know you're all dying to hear the weather in New England, so here it is:  75 degrees and fair in Boston.  Humidity has broken for the moment, and it may be a beach weekend. 

Is anyone planning to watch the Heath thing on E! tonight?