Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4595689 times)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8060 on: September 14, 2008, 08:36:13 pm »
Jeff, that is funny... too!

May I say!

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #8061 on: September 15, 2008, 04:22:42 am »
Morning all,

10 degrees here in Belgium this morning with more blue skies. I head back to Basel this afternoon and my widget is telling me it is 6 degrees there. 6!! That's cold! LOL. I only brought one really warm sweater. I hope I am not living in it for the next two weeks!

Yesterday Fabienne and I went to Antwerpen (Antwerp). There was a big market going on so we had fun perusing that and did buy a bunch of stuff, including a pair or Birkenstocks, some soccer shirts for my son, and tablecloths (!). Yes, I go all the way to Belgium to buy tablecloths! LOL. We christened one last night for dinner which was fun. Dirk made paella and I cooked artichokes. It was a feast.

Today I fly back to Basel and back to work tomorrow for 3 days. Then Friday I head to Germany to see Chrissi and her family. My daughter Hannah will be joining us. Lots of fun in store!

More later....

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #8062 on: September 15, 2008, 09:04:51 am »
Around here some people refer to IKEA as "gay church" 'cause so many gay guys go there to cruise on Sunday mornings.  8)

I've never heard that before!    ;D :laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #8063 on: September 15, 2008, 11:09:01 am »
Bonjour... and have a great day!

As storm did and does still harm many, be safe!

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #8064 on: September 15, 2008, 02:48:05 pm »
So Leslie and Fabienne - you guys didn't go to the Rodeo then?

Morning all,

10 degrees here in Belgium this morning with more blue skies. I head back to Basel this afternoon and my widget is telling me it is 6 degrees there. 6!! That's cold! LOL. I only brought one really warm sweater. I hope I am not living in it for the next two weeks!

Yesterday Fabienne and I went to Antwerpen (Antwerp). There was a big market going on so we had fun perusing that and did buy a bunch of stuff, including a pair or Birkenstocks, some soccer shirts for my son, and tablecloths (!). Yes, I go all the way to Belgium to buy tablecloths! LOL. We christened one last night for dinner which was fun. Dirk made paella and I cooked artichokes. It was a feast.

Today I fly back to Basel and back to work tomorrow for 3 days. Then Friday I head to Germany to see Chrissi and her family. My daughter Hannah will be joining us. Lots of fun in store!

More later....

L
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #8065 on: September 15, 2008, 02:53:44 pm »
Mikaela is here!  She arrived last night from Norway and promptly zoned out.  Tonight we're going to the Boathouse in Central Park for dinner, and tomorrow we're meeting John Gallagher at Heath's old hangout, La Grotta Azzura, in Soho.  Wednesday at the crack of dawn, we're off to Phoenix to begin the Great American West Adventure:  Sedona, Grand Canyon, Indian Country, Monument Valley, Mesa Verde, Durango and Denver.  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #8066 on: September 15, 2008, 03:08:51 pm »
*waves to Meryl and Mikaela*

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #8067 on: September 15, 2008, 03:19:56 pm »
So Leslie and Fabienne - you guys didn't go to the Rodeo then?

No, somehow, a rodeo in Belgium just doesn't sound right. The website said that they had a competition of 'mecanical steer wrestling' and I'm thinking 'huh'???

:laugh:

We had fun at the market though, and then decided to take it easy for the rest of the day.
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #8068 on: September 15, 2008, 03:20:57 pm »
Mikaela is here!  She arrived last night from Norway and promptly zoned out.  Tonight we're going to the Boathouse in Central Park for dinner, and tomorrow we're meeting John Gallagher at Heath's old hangout, La Grotta Azzura, in Soho.  Wednesday at the crack of dawn, we're off to Phoenix to begin the Great American West Adventure:  Sedona, Grand Canyon, Indian Country, Monument Valley, Mesa Verde, Durango and Denver.  8)

Aww, Brokie get togethers all over. Love it!

Yours sounds like a terrific schedule Meryl and Mikaela. I'm a little bit envious, but not too much since I have Leslie and her daughter coming as you know.

Do you plan to meet up with some of the Denver area Brokies?

I watched a movie with my husband the other day; 27 Dresses with Katherine Heigl. The Boathouse plays a (small) role in it, and of course I thought of Brokies (and your ballon pictures) when it was mentioned. I was like "OMG, OMG, the Boathouse, I know the Boathouse!" (with me never having been in NYC, lol). And my hubby was like "So what?"  :P Men! >:( ;)

Anyway, I wish the both of you a great trip!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #8069 on: September 15, 2008, 03:25:36 pm »
Greetings from Basel where I am back safe and sound.

My host and hostess welcomed me back to Switzerland with a Swiss feast of cheese fondue and some sort of fancy torte for dessert. It was very good. Now I am getting unpacked and ready for a busy three days of work...and I am sure I will be busy!

Updated weather report in the am!

Welcome to Mikeala! Meryl, I hope you two have a really great trip! Sounds like lots of fun.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!