Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4595478 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8270 on: September 25, 2008, 08:02:08 pm »
Remember your "Fish Taco" thread Lee? I still have a good laugh every time I think of it! That was one of the craziest (and most popular) threads we've ever had I think! :laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #8271 on: September 25, 2008, 09:46:05 pm »
Back to the cheese curds, I have tried them several times during my annual pilgrimage to the air show in Oshkosh, Wisconsin.  They are not like cottage cheese at all.  They are almost a hard cheese with a tangy flavor.  Can't say that I highly recommend them though!

From that description, that sounds like something I might actually like!

I only thought perhaps "cheese curds" were like cottage cheese because I've heard that famous combination of "curds and whey" described as being like cottage cheese. Also, I believe cottage cheese is divided into "large curd" and "small curd."  BTW, I can't stand cottage cheese.  :P
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #8272 on: September 25, 2008, 09:46:24 pm »
they sound kinda....ewh!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #8273 on: September 25, 2008, 09:48:09 pm »
BTW, I can't stand cottage cheese.  :P

Cottage Cheese isn't so bad.  If you mix fruit into it, it gets better.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #8274 on: September 26, 2008, 12:57:04 am »
Away from cheese back to harsh realities of life:
I can't believe it's already time for Leslie and Hannah to leave :(. In less than two hours we'll be on our way to the airport.
Time sure flies when you have fun.

I never saw so much of my home region in such a short period of time, LOL. Lots of castles, churches and shopping :).
Leslie's daughter discovered a new writing utensil and I learned a new card game and how to make French Toast :).
And Leslie dicovered 'Ketchonnaise' (which her son wanted to invent; and Leslie was perplex that it already exists) and chili chocolate.
So everybody had fun and learned something new.

But the best thing is just being together.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #8275 on: September 26, 2008, 02:10:25 am »
Chedda seems to be a Bitish thing but not the est of Europe.

Kelda, three of your Rs are missing!

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #8276 on: September 26, 2008, 02:15:06 am »
Away from cheese back to harsh realities of life:
I can't believe it's already time for Leslie and Hannah to leave :(. In less than two hours we'll be on our way to the airport.
Time sure flies when you have fun.

I never saw so much of my home region in such a short period of time, LOL. Lots of castles, churches and shopping :).
Leslie's daughter discovered a new writing utensil and I learned a new card game and how to make French Toast :).
And Leslie dicovered 'Ketchonnaise' (which her son wanted to invent; and Leslie was perplex that it already exists) and chili chocolate.
So everybody had fun and learned something new.

But the best thing is just being together.

Chrissi, what was the card game you learned?

And I didn't go out for french toast this morning.  Our old, old, loving dog suddenly made it clear that it was time for her last trip to the vet.  She was a great family member for 13 1/2 years and we are all pretty dejected.

One thing though, is I've had to get up at night for months to let her out once or twice or more, and it will be great to get a full night's sleep.

She was worth it.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #8277 on: September 26, 2008, 04:53:39 am »

Kelda, three of your Rs are missing!

heh.. typing is not my foRte!!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #8278 on: September 26, 2008, 07:45:52 am »

Back from the airport. Leslie, Hannah and I got there without problems and with much time left. So we had a last coffee together, then said our good-byes.
I just checked the airport's website and their flight isn't listed anymore, so I guess it left in time and they're airbound right now as I'm typing.

Chrissi, what was the card game you learned?

And I didn't go out for french toast this morning.  Our old, old, loving dog suddenly made it clear that it was time for her last trip to the vet.  She was a great family member for 13 1/2 years and we are all pretty dejected.

Another big hug for you {{{Clarissa}}} :-*

I learned Rummy 500. Leslie said it's also called 'Summercamp Rummy' because it's often played in summer camps, since it's an easy version of Rummy. It's lots of fun.
Now I know three different versions of Rummy. Playing with adults, I prefer Turkish Rummy; it's a complicated version of it. Too much for my girls yet. But they'll learn the summercamp version quickly. So thanky you again Leslie for showing us :-*.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #8279 on: September 26, 2008, 08:42:56 am »
Cottage Cheese isn't so bad.  If you mix fruit into it, it gets better.

Still not going there.  :P

Buttermilk, either. I was so disappointed when I found out it doesn't taste like butter.  :laugh:

It's been so long since I've played 500 Rummy (what we always called it at home) that I don't even remember how it's played!  :laugh:

Clarissa, so sorry to hear about your dog.  :(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.