Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4528405 times)

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: The 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #490 on: June 23, 2006, 10:38:33 pm »
David,

The second guy looks more like Ellery. :)

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #491 on: June 23, 2006, 10:50:16 pm »
David,

The second guy looks more like Ellery. :)

Hi Jenny!

Yeah, I agree.  The first guy is too.....pretty?  Too built?

The second guy is just right.    Black hair, kinda long, but not too long.   Nice body, but not a Gym god.  Lean and built for lots of sex.  LOL

although I think Ellery had longer hair.  Didn't he tie it into a pony tail when he went to Texas undercover?   Still, I like the look of the softer Ellery.   And the picture of him with the coffee cup is perfect!   

What do you think Leslie?    :)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #492 on: June 24, 2006, 01:11:55 am »
Whoa!  How did I not come over to this thread to celebrate my 1000th post? 

Unlike some other whiners around here, I'm not going to complain about not getting a statuette.  No, what I'm going to whine about is that the moment I turned 1000, all the names switched from purple/red/black to red/black, so I never got to see my name in RED.  Could we please go back to purple/red, at least once, huh, please David?  I was really looking forward to it.

Also, does anybody remember the time that someone (I think Tom Hanks) hosted Saturday Night Live for the 5th time, and they had a sketch about him being introduced into the Five Time Hosts Club.  Elliot Gould, Steve Martin, Paul Simon all wearing smoking jackets and sitting in club chairs, reading the Wall Street Journal and saying things like, "Rah-ther, my good man." 

Anyway, as has been said, won't my family be so proud.

vkm91941

« Reply #493 on: June 24, 2006, 01:25:32 am »
vkm91941  2246 ::)
Lucise  2163
  :o
Pipedream  1785   :D
cHrIs_sLaYeRs  1500
  8)
DavidinHartford  1317  ;D
YaadPyar  1217  ;)
latjoreme  1128  :)
MaineWriter  1118  :)
Elle-Effen'-Meno  1078  :)
ednbarby  1048
  :)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #494 on: June 24, 2006, 02:41:37 am »
Woooeeee! Ten days ago, I wasn't even in the top 10. Now I've climbed to No. 7! I feel like the Beatles circa early 1962.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #495 on: June 24, 2006, 07:37:41 am »
Hi Jenny!

Yeah, I agree.  The first guy is too.....pretty?  Too built?

The second guy is just right.    Black hair, kinda long, but not too long.   Nice body, but not a Gym god.  Lean and built for lots of sex.  LOL

although I think Ellery had longer hair.  Didn't he tie it into a pony tail when he went to Texas undercover?   Still, I like the look of the softer Ellery.   And the picture of him with the coffee cup is perfect!   

What do you think Leslie?    :)

The first guy, definitely no. The second guy, maybe, especially the way his shorts are falling off. Ellery's denims or shorts are forever falling off his hips. I still like the Italian model guy, too.

I think Ellery's hair is longer than any of us are picturing. Yes, he pulled it into a ponytail for the bar visit in Texas and also on one of their camping trips, before they went riding. I asked Louise about this--how could he get away with being a long-haired cop--and she said that in the early days, Wes pestered him about it but now that he is higher ranking, Wes has given up and just accepts it. Plus, Louise said, Ellery keeps it very neat. But I still can't quite picture it...what does he do, tuck it behind his ears? It doesn't sound like he wears it in a ponytail, otherwise Ennis wouldn't have been so surprised when he came back from Texas.

And now we know that it has been long for years--it was long in college. Keep in mind that it's fairly thin--not thinning, as in going bald, but thin, as in texture. Louise has described it as thin and lank on numerous occasions. It is also straight. I wonder if he has some Native American blood in him somewhere (although he says his ancestors are from Scotland).

I am sort of thinking that it has been growing over the summer and he hasn't had time/bothered to get a haircut. When he met Ennis it wasn't long enough for a ponytail (I am picturing chin length) but over the course of the past three months it has grown and he hasn't gotten it cut, so now it is down around his shoulders somewhere.

I want you all to appreciate the great thought and consideration I have given to this FICTIONAL character!!

Maybe we should start a thread specifically devoted to discussing this story? There is certainly enough in there to discuss!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline David

« Reply #496 on: June 24, 2006, 08:02:15 am »
Well, it doesn't matter what Ellery looks like really.  Because in my mind, I put myself in his place in certain parts of the story!    LOL   ::)

Don't we all right?    :laugh:

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #497 on: June 24, 2006, 08:03:58 am »
Well, it doesn't matter what Ellery looks like really.  Because in my mind, I put myself in his place in certain parts of the story!    LOL   ::)

Don't we all right?    :laugh:

Um, yes, on a chapter by chapter basis, to be honest. LOL

David, did you see Louise's comment to you over on LJ?

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline David

« Reply #498 on: June 24, 2006, 08:27:43 am »
David, did you see Louise's comment to you over on LJ?

L

Yes I did L.     She needs to stop writing to us and get started on Chapter 31 !   LOL.

D

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #499 on: June 24, 2006, 08:29:14 am »
Yes I did L.     She needs to stop writing to us and get started on Chapter 31 !   LOL.

D

LOL, she just said the same thing over on davecullen. She is reading her fan mail. I just started an Ennis and Ellery thread...maybe we should take this there?