Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4596555 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #10160 on: August 12, 2009, 07:36:41 am »
Hi everyone,

I haven't dropped in for a little while. Chrissi, welcome back from vacation. Let's see, 63 degrees here and sunny. A nice day is in store for us.

I just wanted to bring your attention to a little project I am involved in. Helping to promote a really great book and a good cause: supporting marriage equality here in Maine.

Here's a description:

Joel Harfner and Luke Townsend, lovers for two years, have just bought their first home together in Scarborough, Maine. In a moment of domestic impetuosity, Joel proposes to Luke, who says yes. Then, to Joel’s surprise, Luke says he wants a wedding with “all the bells and whistles.” Joel, who never expected to be married, suddenly finds himself in the midst of planning a full-scale destination event to be held in Provincetown, Massachusetts. Why Massachusetts? As Joel says, "We can't get married in Maine -- yet -- but we are ever hopeful." Taming Groomzilla tells the story of how Joel and Luke navigate the tribulations of the six months from “Will you marry me?” to “I do.” And while they do seal their union, complete with a kiss, there is more than one twist and turn in store to complicate their journey and keep the reader hilariously entertained. A portion of the profits from the sale of this book will be donated to Maine Freedom to Marry and EqualityMaine, organizations that are fighting to keep same-sex marriage legal in Maine.

The book is for sale at All Romance eBooks in a variety of formats (epub, prc, HTML, PDF) that will work on a variety of devices, including a computer (PDF with Acrobat Reader). So, be entertained for a few hours with a very sweet, funny story and at the same time contribute a few dollars to a really good cause. Here's a link: http://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-taminggroomzilla-80920-145.html. It will also be for sale in the Amazon Kindle store later today, but the prc file from All Romance will also work on a Kindle.

Thanks for your support. Send me a PM if you have any questions. (PS, I am going to be cross-posting this a few other places on the board. Please help me get the word out.)

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #10161 on: August 12, 2009, 08:39:13 am »
I just wanted to bring your attention to a little project I am involved in. Helping to promote a really great book and a good cause: supporting marriage equality here in Maine.

The book is for sale at All Romance eBooks in a variety of formats (epub, prc, HTML, PDF) that will work on a variety of devices, including a computer (PDF with Acrobat Reader). So, be entertained for a few hours with a very sweet, funny story and at the same time contribute a few dollars to a really good cause. Here's a link: http://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-taminggroomzilla-80920-145.html. It will also be for sale in the Amazon Kindle store later today, but the prc file from All Romance will also work on a Kindle.

Thanks for your support. Send me a PM if you have any questions. (PS, I am going to be cross-posting this a few other places on the board. Please help me get the word out.)

L

Congrats Leslie!

Good that the ebook is also available in PDF format, so we Kindle-deprived Europeans also can read it. How many pages is it? The info at the linked page says 18 500 words, but heck if I know how many pages that is (approximately).

For that prize and additionally a part of it going to a good cause I'll buy it anyway. Can't go wrong with it :).

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #10162 on: August 12, 2009, 08:53:58 am »
Congrats Leslie!

Good that the ebook is also available in PDF format, so we Kindle-deprived Europeans also can read it. How many pages is it? The info at the linked page says 18 500 words, but heck if I know how many pages that is (approximately).

For that prize and additionally a part of it going to a good cause I'll buy it anyway. Can't go wrong with it :).

The PDF is 45 pages. I would call it a "novelette."

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #10163 on: August 12, 2009, 09:02:47 am »
The PDF is 45 pages. I would call it a "novelette."

L

Thanks L. Are you already packing?
Can't wait!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #10164 on: August 12, 2009, 09:05:36 am »

Thanks L. Are you already packing?
Can't wait!

I should be packing, shouldn't I? Ack!

L

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #10165 on: August 12, 2009, 09:20:53 am »
E.N. Holland is you isn't it, Leslie?
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #10166 on: August 12, 2009, 10:07:20 am »
Conrats Mainewriter! That´s real good news!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #10167 on: August 12, 2009, 02:07:00 pm »
Good things and bad things yesterday.

My new washing machine arrived. YAY! :D

And I had a very unpleasant spam call. I hate it when they don't say they're from a company, but do as if it was a private call, just saying their name and asking for my husband. So you have to waste your time and check them out, because there's always the possibility that it could be a coworker or an old friend of my husband.
Anyway, I was suspicious and asked back what this call is about - and when he sensed the call would't go anywhere, he started yelling at me and called me a c**t.  :o
Yes, exactly *that* word, respectively its German translation.

I really wish there would be an effective way to protect customers from spam calls. Of course they're illegal, but nobody cares. And I'm asking myself who on earth does buy anything on the phone? It must be a profitable business for companies, otherwise they wouldn't do it.
Such a nuisance! >:(

OMG!! Thats so bad.. did you have caller id to call them back and tell them what he said?

Good luck with the project Leslie!!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #10168 on: August 18, 2009, 04:07:32 pm »
I figured this was a good thread to post my 3,000th post in.  :)  8)

I would never, ever have imagined posting so much anywhere.

Jack and Ennis and all you Brokies sure got me good.  :-*  :-*  :-*

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #10169 on: August 18, 2009, 04:18:32 pm »
CONGRATULATIONS MIKAELA!!