Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4595642 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #10300 on: September 23, 2009, 01:02:04 pm »
Do you remember the bomb threat in my daughter's school a while ago?

Well, my daughter was in another bomb threat situation today :o.
Yup, the very same daughter. (And me? What about me and my poor mother nerves? You bet that I was more scared than her. But it wasn't too bad, I don't want to make it more dramatic than it was).

She was on a school excursion today in Karlsruhe (by train). On the way home police had evacuated and barrikaded a part of the main station of Karlsruhe. But at first only platforms 1 - 4. Their train would have run from platform 12 (I think). Some pupils were already on the platform, while others were still one level lower in the shopping mall.

The teacher then decided that they all go up to platform 12 anyway and try to collect all pupils together and try to get their train. Which was the correct decision IMO, since the police had only barrikaded plateforms 1 - 4 at this point. Some stairways were also barrikaded, but not the ones far away from platforms 1 - 4.

They all gathered on platform 12, but then the police decided to evacuate the whole main station (which is a huge building. Many, many people in there at any given time). When they were all gathered outside the station my daughter called me. At this point, they were hoping to catch a later train. It didn't work out, and their trip back was a real pilgrimage. They needed 4 hours to get home (normally less than one hour). I was relieved and glad when she called me for the second time, 20 minutes later, saying they were away from the station now and on their way to another town by tram. Thank god for cell phones!

Sheesh! How many people get into a bomb threat situation, even once in their whole life? And my daughter twice in a few months! :o

Oh, and the kids were impressed by the many police men with machine guns! They took photos and want to send them to their class teacher (who was ill today). Kids! ::)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #10301 on: September 23, 2009, 01:27:59 pm »
Gosh Chrissi, what a palaver.. and scary! Did you find out any more about the threat?

and thanks for the messages Meryl & Chrissi!!  :D Particularly liking the hennight badges!!!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #10302 on: September 24, 2009, 06:44:38 am »

Congrats
to
Kelda
On
Reaching
Posts!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #10303 on: September 24, 2009, 09:44:34 am »
Gosh Chrissi, what a palaver.. and scary! Did you find out any more about the threat?

Yes, I did: an employee of German Railways noticed an unknown person hiding a "suspicious object" under a sculpture. The arriving federal police had a look at it and also said it looked suspicious. Thus they evacuated the whole station.

In the end, it was neither a bomb nor a bomb dummy. It was a harmless "object of everyday use". But it's not known what object it was. They're still investigating and trying to find the person who hid the object.

I'm wondering why they don't say what object it was? Maybe because they'll look stupid then? But I rather think it's to sort out the non-valid confession calls, which will surely come in at police stations.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #10304 on: September 24, 2009, 07:38:37 pm »

Congrats Kelda!

And, I'm really sorry to hear about that situation Chrissi.  I'm sure it must be really scary and nervewracking.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #10305 on: September 27, 2009, 03:51:28 am »

{{{Chrissi and Chrissi Junior}}}

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #10306 on: September 29, 2009, 06:31:46 pm »
Congrats
to
Jeff
Wrangler
On
Reaching
Posts!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #10307 on: September 29, 2009, 06:40:02 pm »

Congrats, Jeff, on 12,000 Wrangling Posts!

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #10308 on: September 29, 2009, 08:18:28 pm »

Yeehaw!!  Congrats Jeff!!
 :D

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #10309 on: September 29, 2009, 09:47:49 pm »
Congrats
to
Jeff
Wrangler
On
Reaching
Posts!

:o  Jesus H.! Thud. ...

Thanks, everybody.  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.